Auto Ads - We Love, We Hate

So I came across some older ads and thought cool, ugh not cool and thought we should have an Auto Ad thread where we post em and discuss them.

Chrysler.png

I actually liked when this man was a spokes person for the K-car revolution. He made everything cool! :thumbsup:

Colts.png

This just made me crack up when I saw this! :roflmao: 

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

I should scan pieces out of my 6500-count ad collection. Problem is, I don't know where to start. :D

Yoda, Bless us with your randomness of picking. I am sure there would be some awesome ad's to see! :metal: 

One of the handful of Olds' I'd strongly consider owning is the second-year '62 Starfire hardtop, and I do like this 'cut-off' ad, that's pretty unusual in car advertising:

62 SF.jpeg

Also always liked this ad from '50- a ripping car and huge towering '88' numbers:

O-50 88.jpeg

• Agree 1

A couple that I love. These are recent.

TV commercials....what else would I post?

As you folk know by now, posting vids is kinda my thing...

And a couple that I CANT STAND!

Knowing that Chevy trucks now are kinda like Fords...

Any phoquing Mazda Zoom Zoom commercial!

• Agree 1

Another one that I LOVE

On the next commercial:

I must admit, I liked it then, I HATE it now!

Why?

Corporate lies and deceit fueled by greed!

I still love the song though....well, the original....by Cheap Trick!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, balthazar said:

I should scan pieces out of my 6500-count ad collection. Problem is, I don't know where to start. :D

Just pic something and post it, its bound to be interesting.

15 hours ago, dfelt said:

So I came across some older ads and thought cool, ugh not cool and thought we should have an Auto Ad thread where we post em and discuss them.

Chrysler.png

I actually liked when this man was a spokes person for the K-car revolution. He made everything cool! :thumbsup:

Colts.png

This just made me crack up when I saw this! :roflmao: 

The Chrysler convertible reminds me of the time my father and I looked at one of those new...must have been back when I was in High school.

8 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Another one that I LOVE

On the next commercial:

I must admit, I liked it then, I HATE it now!

Why?

Corporate lies and deceit fueled by greed!

A3 TDI would be a neat car to own...actually.

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

One of the handful of Olds' I'd strongly consider owning is the second-year '62 Starfire hardtop, and I do like this 'cut-off' ad, that's pretty unusual in car advertising:

62 SF.jpeg

Also always liked this ad from '50- a ripping car and huge towering '88' numbers:

O-50 88.jpeg

I absolutely love that Era of Oldsmobile.

Still like this one...

Not really an advert, but funny...I love the Mitsu pulling out the Cummins with the camping trailer.

One of my favorite adverts, one of my favorite cars

Not exactly colorful, but I like it....

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

62 SF.jpeg

O-50 88.jpeg

I have that second one framed and hanging up

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I have that second one framed and hanging up

I had a similar Olds advert hanging on my bedroom wall as a teen.  That might give the Mustang Fastback a run for its money in terms of my affection...I have a real soft spot for the 46-54 ERA GM cars, Olds and Pontiac in particular.

6 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Were we closer, I would love to be able to build an online database of that here on C&G.

Not that far of a drive, actually.

This is awesome on the new Jeep Compass! :metal: @ocnblu Gotta love it.

59 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This was funny...

:roflmao: So true, but I would still enjoy the buttery Croissant myself! :roflmao: 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, dfelt said:

This is awesome on the new Jeep Compass! :metal: @ocnblu Gotta love it.

:roflmao: So true, but I would still enjoy the buttery Croissant myself! :roflmao: 

There is a whole little series with the Gas Monkey garage on YouTube that is quite enjoyable.

Love the Jeep Advert, will have to test drive one of those also.

Freaking LOVE two big American V8's in this...

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Too funny and now that so called Clean TDI from Audi is very dirty due to software cheating. :P 

Still awesome commercial.

15 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That Hurst Olds sadly reminds me of a co workers car that was stolen...I always wanted one of those.

Those are right up there with the Monte Carlo SS Aero I love.

14 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Those are right up there with the Monte Carlo SS Aero I love.

That was the most painful thing about living in Ohio...a lot of those Monte SS were sold around here and they seemed to be the favorite ride of people from Vinton county down where everyone cooked meth and no ones family tree branched.

Most painfully modified car was one that was dark blue...guy built a 4" PVC (yea plastic!) dual exhaust that was routed through the rear floor pans (where the butt of the two rear seat passengers would be) and out through the rear passenger roof semi style...complete with semi style flappers made from old HVAC duct.

THAT was a painful car to watch roll around.

We had a white SRT-8 Chrysler 300 that was modified equally tastelessly...

Neither owner looked like they had bathed since the Carter administration.

31 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That was the most painful thing about living in Ohio...a lot of those Monte SS were sold around here and they seemed to be the favorite ride of people from Vinton county down where everyone cooked meth and no ones family tree branched.

Most painfully modified car was one that was dark blue...guy built a 4" PVC (yea plastic!) dual exhaust that was routed through the rear floor pans (where the butt of the two rear seat passengers would be) and out through the rear passenger roof semi style...complete with semi style flappers made from old HVAC duct.

THAT was a painful car to watch roll around.

We had a white SRT-8 Chrysler 300 that was modified equally tastelessly...

Neither owner looked like they had bathed since the Carter administration.

:nono: What is wrong with those kinds of People, why not do that to the Priuses. <_<

• Agree 1