Ford GT Reviews Are Up

Frisky Dingo

And boy does this thing seem spicy-

C&D

MT

Carfection via Jalopnik

I have to say, I never disliked this thing in the first place, but I'm really starting to come around to it. It seems Ford really did make a racecar for the road, and I give them major props for that. In that light, I don't think the fact that it's a turbo V6 rather than a V8, V10, or V12 counts as much as a demerit. If you want a focused track weapon, this thing seems to offer more than even the big names across the pond has available. Bravo, Ford.

Agreed.  I saw Matt LeBlanc drive it on Top Gear and it looked really awesome.

I still kind of like the 2005 GT a little bit more, maybe because it was kind of old school.  However, the new one really seems to be in a league of it is own.

Agreed.  I saw Matt LeBlanc drive it on Top Gear and it looked really awesome.

I still kind of like the 2005 GT a little bit more, maybe because it was kind of old school.  However, the new one really seems to be in a league of it is own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7gtjGLmImw

I too, always liked it. I was disappointed at first for it not having the Voodoo V8. Not so much for it having an "ecoboosted" 3.5 liter V6 or the "lack" of a V8/V10/V12...but for not having that sweet sounding Voodoo.

I have overcome that, but not entirely...

I never doubted its abilities as an exotic mid-engined supercar and Im happier that at least the automotive "journalists" in these so called "automotive enthusiast" magazines are appreciating it...

BRAVO FORD, indeed!

Edited by oldshurst442

Well, being firmly entrenched in the Ford 'camp' as I am (and haveing been since the mid-70's)....

I can say that I am a "Yuuuuuge" fan of this GT right from the outset.

I am especially gratified that it has performed as well as it has on the track and in the races it has entered.

I am unhappy that production is not a bit more 'mass' than 1000 total over 3-4 years....  But since, I do not think that I would be able to qualify as a customer as it is..... either from a bank account or 'pedigree' basis, I can allow some forgiveness of Ford.

It is just that if Ford would produce a few more and open up the customer base a bit, these new one's might actually be used and seen out on the roads.  I just see these being garaged and never seen (at least the vast majority of them).

That was not the case with the last GT.... as much.

Edited by lengnert