Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best

Lincoln Continental Named Best of the Best in Robb Report’s June Edition

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2017 – The all-new Lincoln Continental, the flagship sedan of The Lincoln Motor Company, has been named 2017 Best of the Best Luxury Sedan in the Wheels category of Robb Report magazine. The June Best of the Best issue is the magazine’s 29th annual edition; the Wheels section is divided among Sports Cars, Luxury Sedans, Grand Tourers, SUVs and Motorcycles. The Lincoln Black Label Continental is billed as “Detroit’s Finest.”

“Lincoln’s full-size flagship sedan doesn’t try to be sporty,” Robb Report says. “Instead it provides comfort and elegance, what Lincoln executives tout as ‘quiet luxury’.” Lincoln Black Label vehicles offer the highest level of design and service.

Other Best of the Best categories include Style, which covers men’s fashion, women’s jewelry, and men’s and women’s watches; Journeys, which covers hotels, resorts, vacation homes, cruises, trains, spas and golf; Leisure, which covers dining, wines, spirits and cigars; Home, which covers furnishings, art, auctions and electronics; and Wings & Water, which covers super yachts, sailing yachts, crossover boats, yacht concepts and private jets. Read more...

-- -- -- -- -- 

I really think Lincoln's Quiet Luxury is going over well. We thought Buick was going to be the "Domestic Lexus" but it's becoming clear that Lincoln is taking that title instead. Continental vs LaCrosse? Of course, no contest... I realize the Continental isn't the be all, end all of luxury sedans - but it's a great leap forward for Lincoln and things are definitely look up for the brand...

3 hours ago, Sal Collaziano said:

I really think Lincoln's Quiet Luxury is going over well. We thought Buick was going to be the "Domestic Lexus" but it's becoming clear that Lincoln is taking that title instead. Continental vs LaCrosse? Of course, no contest

I dont think you realize. This line aint really a compliment for Lincoln!

1. Lincoln is compared to a falling from  grace really freakin' fast ugly as shyte Lexus!

2. Lincoln is compared to a second tier premium brand like Buick! 

Buick for the most part of its existence ALWAYS played second fiddle to Cadillac and consequently to Lincoln as Lincoln was Cadillac's rival!  Sure Buick had many many models in its historic past that were Cadillac and Lincoln equals, it really is NOT a compliment to compare the HISTORIC and AWESOMENESS of what the CONTINENTAL NAME PLATE MEANS TO THE LACROSSE NAME!!!

Unless of course we want to think about this Continental

98_lincoln_continental.jpg

to which yes, Ill agree...the Lacrosse's Predecessor (the LeSabre) would be THAT Continental's competitor!

1998_buick_lesabre_sedan_custom_fq_oem_1

But somehow, I dont think Lincoln was envisioning  Quiet Luxuriousness of the late 1990s...

IN OTHER WORDS:

The Lacrosse is more like a MKZ rival.

Buick really has no answer or competitor to the Continental.

If people think that the Continental  could be  cross shopped with the Lacrosse, I think its a WIN for Buick, NOT the OTHER WAY AROUND!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

I'm not really comparing Lincoln to Buick at all. What I'm saying is people thought Buick was going to be America's version of Lexus but Lincoln took over that mission. Lexus isn't falling from grace because of it's styling. It's falling from grace because of its old drivetrains...

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

58 minutes ago, Sal Collaziano said:

I'm not really comparing Lincoln to Buick at all. What I'm saying is people thought Buick was going to be America's version of Lexus but Lincoln took over that mission. Lexus isn't falling from grace because of it's styling. It's falling from grace because of its old drivetrains...

Does it really matter what I said about Lexus being ugly?

I said it was falling from grace AND it was ugly as shyte!!! NOT JUST because it was ugly as shyte!!!

I did not give reasons as to why it was falling from grace....I did not require the need to....besides...YOU KNEW as to why Lexus was falling from grace as YOU pointed it out....and I knew YOU knew hence why I did NOT NEED to mention any reasons!!!

And...let  me repeat...

Buick for the most part of its existence ALWAYS played second fiddle to Cadillac and consequently to Lincoln as Lincoln was Cadillac's rival!  Sure Buick had many many models in its historic past that were Cadillac and Lincoln equals, it really is NOT a compliment to compare the HISTORIC and AWESOMENESS of what the CONTINENTAL NAME PLATE MEANS TO THE LACROSSE NAME!!!

to which yes, Ill agree...the Lacrosse's Predecessor (the LeSabre) would be THAT Continental's competitor!

But somehow, I dont think Lincoln was envisioning  Quiet Luxuriousness of the late 1990s...

IN OTHER WORDS:

If people think that the Continental  could be  cross shopped with the Lacrosse, I think its a WIN for Buick, NOT the OTHER WAY AROUND!!!

YOU trying to defend yourself really does not do much for your argument!!!

WHY IS IT THAT INTERNET FOLK NEVER WANT TO ADMIT THEY MADE A  MISTAKE!!!

Listen....I dont want to make Federal  case about this, but NOBODY said Buick was gonna be America's Lexus....

1. Buick is Buick....

Buick will ALWAYS be America's....um...BUICK!!!

2. What we, um, North Americans want is Buick to become...um....Buick again....

Not Lexus, not Acura, not even Oldsmobile....but BUICK....

3. What we North Americans want LINCOLN to become, is for Lincoln to be LINCOLN again!

Not Lexus, not Buick, but LINCOLN!!! 

Both brands in the modern world of them being themselves!

So....Please....stop trying to convince me that your article is accurate in its content!  Its false!

Its lazy! Its an attempt to re-write history! Its stereotypical fodder!

Edited by oldshurst442

Allow me to contrast your above statement Sal ~

• What I'm saying is people thought BMW was going to be Germany's version of Cadillac but Mercedes took over that mission.•

Yeah- I don't get it either.

- - - - -

RE 'drivetrains'- anyone ever, or know anyone who ever went car shopping, stood in front of a potential purchase and asked 'What year did this variant of this engine first start in production? Because I'm hinging my purchase on the answer.'

In other words, hella yes the grotesque mugs are a factor.

Lexus has zero personality. Even when they slap that ugly mug on the front, it is still a soulless vehicle.  Sure it's reliable in the long term, but that doesn't matter much to the first leasee who only has it for 36 months. 

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Does it really matter what I said about Lexus being ugly?

I said it was falling from grace AND it was ugly as shyte!!! NOT JUST because it was ugly as shyte!!!

I did not give reasons as to why it was falling from grace....I did not require the need to....besides...YOU KNEW as to why Lexus was falling from grace as YOU pointed it out....and I knew YOU knew hence why I did NOT NEED to mention any reasons!!!

And...let  me repeat...

IN OTHER WORDS:

YOU trying to defend yourself really does not do much for your argument!!!

WHY IS IT THAT INTERNET FOLK NEVER WANT TO ADMIT THEY MADE A  MISTAKE!!!

Listen....I dont want to make Federal  case about this, but NOBODY said Buick was gonna be America's Lexus....

1. Buick is Buick....

Buick will ALWAYS be America's....um...BUICK!!!

2. What we, um, North Americans want is Buick to become...um....Buick again....

Not Lexus, not Acura, not even Oldsmobile....but BUICK....

3. What we North Americans want LINCOLN to become, is for Lincoln to be LINCOLN again!

Not Lexus, not Buick, but LINCOLN!!! 

Both brands in the modern world of them being themselves!

So....Please....stop trying to convince me that your article is accurate in its content!  Its false!

Its lazy! Its an attempt to re-write history! Its stereotypical fodder!

Given the number of exclamation points I think the Canadian winter has frozen your finger or something.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Lexus has zero personality. Even when they slap that ugly mug on the front, it is still a soulless vehicle.  Sure it's reliable in the long term, but that doesn't matter much to the first leasee who only has it for 36 months. 

Hey if someone wants to spend eighty grand to announce that sexually they are a vanilla that lost their virginity at 26 I am not going to be the dude who stands in the way.

3 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

It is still bloody cold in the St Lawrence Valley!!!

Its JUNE fer chrissakes!!!

Then buy the Damned Lincoln already...it comes with heated seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Then buy the Damned Lincoln already...it comes with heated seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im waiting for the Tesla Model 3 to make its debut!!!

Tesla is America's next generation of Great American Cars!

The NEXT CHAPTER!!!

Tesla is....um....Tesla!!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

22 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Im waiting for the Tesla Model 3 to make its debut!!!

Tesla is America's next generation of Great American Cars!

The NEXT CHAPTER!!!

Tesla is....um....Tesla!!!!

I !!!!! Want!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!!!!very!!!!!!!!!!badly....... myself!!!¡¡¡!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡!!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!

Why¡!!!!!!!!wait!!!!!!!!!for the next t chapter when you can have the whole BOOk!

On 2017-06-03 at 3:24 PM, Sal Collaziano said:

@Sal Collaziano

I noticed that @2b2 gave you a +1 for this post.

I took it away...

Why?

This explanation is more for @2b2 rather than yourself. I gave you a +1 for the last post you made!

On 2017-06-03 at 11:06 AM, Sal Collaziano said:

Continental vs LaCrosse? Of course, no contest

There it is!

A DIRECT comparison!

Hence why I rebutted with this:

On 2017-06-03 at 4:22 PM, oldshurst442 said:

And this:

20 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

IN OTHER WORDS:

INCLUDING the pics of the late 1990s/early 2000s  Lincoln Continental and Buick LeSabre!!!

@A Horse With No Name

The exclamation points are still there!!!!

No!!! Today was a nice WARM day!!!! 

Thank-you for asking!!!

21 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

@Sal Collaziano

I noticed that @2b2 gave you a +1 for this post.

I took it away...

Why?

This explanation is more for @2b2 rather than yourself. I gave you a +1 for the last post you made!

There it is!

A DIRECT comparison!

Hence why I rebutted with this:

And this:

INCLUDING the pics of the late 1990s/early 2000s  Lincoln Continental and Buick LeSabre!!!

@A Horse With No Name

The exclamation points are still there!!!!

No!!! Today was a nice WARM day!!!! 

Thank-you for asking!!!

I just enjoy busting your chops.  Really, I enjoy your posts, you are like an excited and passionate puppy dog.  Just refrain from peeing on the carpet and chewing the furniture and we are all good!

Actually looked at the Conti again the other day at the local Lincoln dealer.  It is growing on me a little bit.

• Agree 1

Just to clear the air, so you know what I'm thinking, I don't feel Buick compares in any way with Lincoln. The only thing Buick has that maybe can compare is their "quiet tuning". I really don't know that for sure, however. But the media makes such a big fuss about it that I imagine they're very good in this area.

This isn't to say I don't like Buick. I do. I think they make excellent near-luxury automobiles. And while I'm not sure where on the luxury totem pole Lincoln sits these days - they're becoming more luxurious with every generation...

Whether Lexus is on the way up or down isn't something I'm thinking about when comparing Lincoln to Lexus. Lincoln would be lucky to sell as many automobiles as Lexus during any bad year. I'd love to see Lincoln take that spot from Lexus who's pulling a Cadillac resting on their laurels...

Here's some more good news for Lincoln...

Edited by Sal Collaziano
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sal Collaziano said:

Just to clear the air, so you know what I'm thinking, I don't feel Buick compares in any way with Lincoln. The only thing Buick has that maybe can compare is their "quiet tuning". I really don't know that for sure, however. But the media makes such a big fuss about it that I imagine they're very good in this area.

This isn't to say I don't like Buick. I do. I think they may excellent near-luxury automobiles. And while I'm not sure where on the luxury totem pole Lincoln sits these days - they're becoming more luxurious with every generation...

Whether Lexus is on the way up or down isn't something I'm thinking about when comparing Lincoln to Lexus. Lincoln would be lucky to sell as many automobiles as Lexus during any bad year. I'd love to see Lincoln take that spot from Lexus who's pulling a Cadillac resting on their laurels...

Again, competition is a good thing.  I don't really think in terms of "better than" because Buick and Lincoln bring something entirely different to the table.

Was a fan of Buick before, all of these posts about Lincoln are waking me up to some of the cool things Lincoln does.  But at the end of the day, two very different automobiles.

@Sal Collaziano

I don't really care about all this back and forth to tell you the truth.

It was just a perception that I caught that I thought was a tad false and misleading.

I gave my opinion on it, you rebutted, I countered again. You acknowledged me. 

I respect you for that and that is why I upvoted your retreat post.

I don't want to bully you into submission.

I don't want you to feel like you owe me something.

I want you to continue with your insights.

You the hell am I to make you do otherwise???!!!

With that being said.

Buick and Lincoln, in 2017, serve different roles in the luxury market both in North America and in China.

Buick and Lincoln, in 2017, serve different roles within their respective corporate parent company as well.

I wanted to get that message across.

I did it with an "in your face" way about...that is just how I do things to make a point!

Nothing personal.  Just entertainment.  But that opinion that I shared with you, even if it was 'in your face', it is still a reality that is closer to the truth than what you originally wrote.

As far as your latest post is concerned, that post is more sincere and closer to reality than what you originally posted.

Thanx Sal, for hearing me out!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sal Collaziano said:

Here's some more good news for Lincoln...

I have to disagree with the story about Lincoln. This might be hitting it for select markets, but I have to question the Highest loyalty rating of the luxury segment. I do not see Lincoln in the luxury segment yet. Lincoln is like the first generation of CTS and is a step towards that but has a long way to go. Every other auto in the Lincoln family right now especially the Navigator is very dated, Heavily a poor badge job and the interiors leave much to be desired, mainly on par with MB of the 1990's.

So what they did their market survey by just talking to Baby Boomers who remember Lincoln of the 70's and early 80's?

I feel the latest news and press releases coming from Lincoln are definitely over-optimistic - but that's what brands do. They're not going to say, "We're getting there!" or "We almost did it!". They're going to say, "We're back!" (or we never left, for anyone who hadn't noticed). Cadillac never had the "Just like a BMW!" campaign...

Yes, there's a lot of fluff going on right now. But it serves two purposes... It catches people's attention (to the brand) and gets conversations going on forums. My poor, beloved forums that Facebook is trying to kill. :P

• Agree 2