Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2018 Chevrolet Traverse is at dealers

IMG_1441.JPG

I didn't get inside of it. But the interior look and design and plastics are in line with equinox Malibu and Cruze. I.e. Not flashy but not old days cheap glossy GM plastic. Overall the vehicle looks like a stretched and pulled Acadia. Which it is. I think it's a better size than the Acadia. The back seat 'looks' tighter than the previous traverse but the cargo area behind the third row looks longer. Looks like maybe there is less volume / height in the cargo area. 

• Agree 2

Looks good...definitely more SUVish looking than the previous generation, which had a strong minivan vibe to the rear quarters, IMO..8.3 inch longer wheelbase than the Acacia, same wheelbase as the new Enclave... looks like they maximized the rear door opening....wheelbase is 4 inches longer than the Tahoe.

Since both the Arcadia and XT5 have the shorter wheelbase (112.5), I assume Cadillac will do an XT7 or with the longer wheelbase..

As an aside, I always seem to get the name of the GMC crossover wrong...because there are 4 similar words--

Acacia--a shrubbery

Arcacia--a tree

Arcadia--a Phoenix neighborhood

Acadia--a National Park in Maine

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

The new Traverse and Enclave are really great-looking crossovers. The only downside I see holding them back is GM inexplicably chose to use the previous generation 3.6L V6 fitted with start/stop. Besides paper specs, there seems to be a great difference in power/torque delivery of the new high-tech LGX V6.

The Chevy Colorado with the LGX V6/8-speed is a full second faster from 0-60 than the older LFX V6/6-speed was. You don't get a full second improvement just from gear ratios. The GMC Acadia and Cadillac XT5 both use the newer LGX and accelerate significantly faster than previous generations of either vehicle.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, cp-the-nerd said:

The new Traverse and Enclave are really great-looking crossovers. The only downside I see holding them back is GM inexplicably chose to use the previous generation 3.6L V6 fitted with start/stop. Besides paper specs, there seems to be a great difference in power/torque delivery of the new high-tech LGX V6.

The Chevy Colorado with the LGX V6/8-speed is a full second faster from 0-60 than the older LFX V6/6-speed was. You don't get a full second improvement just from gear ratios. The GMC Acadia and Cadillac XT5 both use the newer LGX and accelerate significantly faster than previous generations of either vehicle.

Enough to make a non crossover guy like me consider them...fantastic looking actually...

1 hour ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Nice part is you can gain 25HP/Torque and up depending on stage 1 or 2 of performance chips from Jet and others. Some very cool and easy mods that can greatly unleash the potential of the engine. Course I would also change out the Airflow sensor at the same time so it can truly unleash the beast in the engine.

45 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Nice part is you can gain 25HP/Torque and up depending on stage 1 or 2 of performance chips from Jet and others. Some very cool and easy mods that can greatly unleash the potential of the engine. Course I would also change out the Airflow sensor at the same time so it can truly unleash the beast in the engine.

Jet chips are snake oil and their claims are bogus. Even with a professional dyno tune, you are unlikely to gain 25 horsepower on a stock N/A engine, much less a plug-in chip from a shady-ass company that claims to support 100s of vehicles. Listings for Jet chips used to advertise gains of like 5 mpg as well.

If you have a GM vehicle and want a "canned tune", the trusted name is Trifecta. They actually develop individual performance tunes for new cars and customize it for your car with scan data. Their claims are backed by dyno sheets of their test cars, and their gains are much more realistic than what Jet peddles with their plug-in chips.

2 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Jet chips are snake oil and their claims are bogus. Even with a professional dyno tune, you are unlikely to gain 25 horsepower on a stock N/A engine, much less a plug-in chip from a shady-ass company that claims to support 100s of vehicles. Listings for Jet chips used to advertise gains of like 5 mpg as well.

If you have a GM vehicle and want a "canned tune", the trusted name is Trifecta. They actually develop individual performance tunes for new cars and customize it for your car with scan data. Their claims are backed by dyno sheets of their test cars, and their gains are much more realistic than what Jet peddles with their plug-in chips.

To each their own. Call Jet what you want, you only get out of it what you put into it. I know for a fact that Jet Chips can and do perform but then when I rebuilt my V8 and bored it to a 402, I also went hot on the cam and ported and polished the heads. Once the engine work was done, I ran and tested it on the GM default mgmt. chip. Then I ordered up the Jet chip giving them all the info on the modifications of the motor. The new Chip clearly delivered a much appreciated boost.

Chips alone give little gain, but when added with better air sensors, throttle bodies, etc., they do their job. Basic Trifecta chip does about the same as a basic Jet chip using info supplied by GM yet if you look at the full picture, tweak other items that also can affect performance and use a chip programmer to tweak the code, you can get plenty of performance.

End result is this was not a plug for Jet, but more of the statement that they are various 3rd party products that can and do enhance engine performance beyond what GM has done. Heck you can even go with GM Performance kits that also will boost your fun. :)

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

To each their own. Call Jet what you want, you only get out of it what you put into it. I know for a fact that Jet Chips can and do perform but then when I rebuilt my V8 and bored it to a 402, I also went hot on the cam and ported and polished the heads. Once the engine work was done, I ran and tested it on the GM default mgmt. chip. Then I ordered up the Jet chip giving them all the info on the modifications of the motor. The new Chip clearly delivered a much appreciated boost.

Chips alone give little gain, but when added with better air sensors, throttle bodies, etc., they do their job. Basic Trifecta chip does about the same as a basic Jet chip using info supplied by GM yet if you look at the full picture, tweak other items that also can affect performance and use a chip programmer to tweak the code, you can get plenty of performance.

End result is this was not a plug for Jet, but more of the statement that they are various 3rd party products that can and do enhance engine performance beyond what GM has done. Heck you can even go with GM Performance kits that also will boost your fun. :)

Trifecta isn't a chip, it's an actual tune that you plug into the OBD port and load from a computer, and if you pay a fee they'll customize it specifically to your car and your mods with a data scan. It's completely different than a jet module, which hijacks the signal sent to the PCM (i.e. the wrong way to mod).