States Leading Charge to Ban ICE Auto's.

G. David Felt - Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.cheersandgears.com

States Leading Charge to Ban ICE Auto's.

Electric-Gas.jpg

The last 48 HRS has been very interesting as we have a story that is developing. Washington state in it's battle to reduce climate change is considering following other countries by setting goals to phase out ICE auto's.

Washington state has stated the following for this:

• We used a record 2.78 billion gallons of gasoline in Washington State in 2015. Every gallon of gasoline releases 20 pounds of carbon dioxide.
  • Cars and trucks account for nearly 45 percent of our region’s carbon footprint.
  • Washington spends more than $6 billion annually on gasoline, most of which goes to out-of-state fossil fuel companies to finance drilling, fracking, pipelines and destructive environmental practices.
  • Driving electric vehicles will save the average Washington family about $1,200 a year in fuel costs.
  • Washington has clean and low-cost hydroelectric power, making electric vehicles a sensible and cost-effective solution.
  • Car and truck exhaust is responsible for 53,000 deaths annually in the United States.
  • Washington State and Olympia should implement the following policies:
  • Adopt a phase-out date of 2030 for the sale of new gasoline and diesel vehicles, consistent with the global trend.
  • Plan for and build the charging infrastructure necessary for mass electric vehicle adoption.
  • Create incentives to spur the sale of electric vehicles including preferential HOV lane access, lower tolls, vehicle registration discounts, and preferred parking.
  • Increase funding for infrastructure for public transportation, bicycling and walking.

The governor who has signed off on all climate change legislation is wanting to lead the USA in being the first state to start the process of phasing out ICE auto's as he joined New York and California to abide by the Paris Climate Accord.

This will create an interesting business climate of how auto dealerships will survive if the auto companies are not building enough EV's for the public to buy. So many questions and not enough answers are brought on by this. 

While I am all for EV's, I do question this aggressive approach for the state that I live in.

Washington State Phasing Out ICE Auto's

T-F.jpg

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Wow, I've been away fer a while.  You still tryna push this baloney?  :roflmao:  :huh:

No pushing silly, this is my own stupid state that is doing this. The idiot Gov who cannot think for himself is just letting the tree huggers extreme make his agenda. I was as surprised as you to see the story and read it in our local news. 

Ya know for an Ostrich, you need to pull your head out of the sand once in a while and look around. :P;) 

We missed your sarcasm here! :D 

8 hours ago, FAPTurbo said:

the rest home must've left a door open

52 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Mr. Felt, are you going to let a Canadian talk abote your governor that way?  :o

Why Yes, YES I AM! 8)

He is an Idiot! :fryingpan: