Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

March Car Spotter

7 minutes ago, balthazar said:

^ Walked around one on the Ford lot; it's as offensively teeny / tiny tire'd as the pics look.
Why you fawn over these tiny lumpy CUVs, I cannot fathom. :blink:

Was it a short walk?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a very grubby Tesla Model S at a restaurant last night..outside looked like it hadn't been washed all winter--salt spray crud accumulated, and the interior was a mess w/ clothes, fast food wrappers, etc scattered around.   I guess slobs buy Teslas also.

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2018 at 3:05 PM, balthazar said:

Holy crap, you know my day was made : just spotted a '59 Olds wagon, silver/ blue/ primer/ patch panels, motoring down U.S. Rt 1. No pic, damnit.

I will see you one and raise you one-Signal Flare Red 66 Mustang GT fastback, on a car carrier with a 70 Torino GT convertible, 4th gen vette, Gold Avanti, and a blue 70 442 Cutty.  I-70 Westbound....good thing I had to pick my wife up from work or i would have followed the car carrier all the way to Indianapolis.

On 3/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, balthazar said:

^ Walked around one on the Ford lot; it's as offensively teeny / tiny tire'd as the pics look.

Mental illness perhaps?

On 3/3/2018 at 8:52 PM, balthazar said:

6 steps.

I think blue needs a 12 Step addiction recovery program from the Ecosport....

On 3/3/2018 at 8:36 PM, balthazar said:

I do not need to drag Ford down and diminish them to build myself up....but damn...of all of the Ford products I dislike...I really dislike the Ecosport.

Edited by A Horse With No Name
spelling

I saw a Chrysler PT Cruiser in burgundy that was all pimped out.  It had the phony Lincoln styled rear tire bulge in the back and a lot of extra chrome and portholes.  And this was in a conservative, WASPy neighborhood.  The driver looked nondescript.

I saw a 2000 to 2004 Bonneville in purist form.  Those, usually LEs, are among the most rare ... no cladding, no spoiler, etc.  I actually liked those cars.  The dash is super busy, but interesting ... not one any other GM division would put out! I couldn't find a photo of the purist LE I saw so here's a few, possibly with the spoiler:

970961688.jpg

See dash:

Interesting dash unique to the very last Bonneville

Also, MANY Aleros and the coupes are always a fine sight.

Edited by trinacriabob

Went over to Dunkin Donuts this morning, and saw a couple out of the ordinary rides in the less-than-2-mile round trip--a very clean silver blue w/ dark blue top '83-84 ish Buick Electra Park Avenue sedan.  Always liked the taillight treatment on those. A couple probably north of 75 were in it. 

And saw the red '04-06 GTO from a couple streets over out and about, first time I've seen it out since October. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Really nice 75 Monte Carlo...brown.  64 Ford Galaxy 500 headed north on Interstate 71.

What I would give to see a 75 Cutlass Supreme or Salon coupe in Persimmon metallic and in "cherry" condition ....  I would dream about that at night

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Oldsmobile Intrigue in that popular bronze color.  Beat, but still answering the call.

Favorite color was the medium to dark metallic blue of 1998 and 1999.  It was perfect on the Intrigue.  I sometimes lament never having owned one.

• Agree 2

I remember that era of Cutlass was very popular when I was a kid.  Saw them everywhere.  The 80s were very popular also.  Haven't seen a nice mid 70s to mid 80s Cutlass Supreme in ages. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

As far as the 80s Cutlass Supremes went, it all depended on the grilles and color choices, since both changed every single damn year.  I liked 1981, 1982, 1984, 1987, and 1988 (Classic was the name for the half-year of RWD), the last two of which had the "mono" piece rectangular lamp which was more futuristic.  There was a huge billboard on a freeway that showed the outgoing familiar coupe and it said, "Last call for Cutlass Supreme ... good-bye from an old friend."  I wish I had a photo of that!

At the dealer for service, saw this Trackhawk in the showroom.  Sharp.   They also have probably 100 Compasses on the lot, a few of the new Wranglers also.   On the used section, saw a black Acura TSX wagon. Haven't seen one of those in ages. 

IMG_4387.JPG

• Agree 1