That one car...

You always wanted to drive.

EVERYONE has that one car they've either seen, read about, knew someone had (Personally or at the office complex/on the block/etc.) that they've always wanted to drive and experience, but haven't yet for whatever reason (Like dealers not letting you unless you're actually gonna buy it)

Got a lot of cars, but to keep it simple, gonna list...

Related image 

Mk2 TT RS!

Even before I owned a Mk1 225 Roadster, even before I drove a mk2 3.2 and was disappointed with it's jelly soft clutch, always loved this beast and would love to own one!

While I'm new here, should be picked up on I'm a manual guy, so it's Mk2 or Bust, even if Mk3 is supposedly better

That's my One car, how about you?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm fortunate enough that the dealership where I work has allowed me the opportunity to drive the vast majority of newer cars that I've longed for.  Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, Astons, etc, etc. 

The one car that I just wish to drive more than anything is definitely a Porsche Carrera GT. It's my favorite car ever made, and there is nothing left like it on the market. 

Those of you who know me know why this one will be weird...   I've alway wanted to experience driving a vintage aircooled Beetle and likewise a Corvair.

I need to drive a '66 Toronado just for the experience.  I'd love to own an '85 Seville and again own an '85 - '87 Continental.

Always wanted one, but was in college at the time so never got to buy one or drive it. 1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/12/16/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1987-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss-aerocoupe/

This is a sweet clean fully loaded one with only 37K miles on it in Silver. I wanted one in Maroon, but I have seen these with an updated powertrain package from GM Performance that makes these auto's fly.

61255506-770-0@2X.jpg

If I could I would love to drive this 1988 Monte Carlo that was modernized and highlighted on The Block website with a modern Powertrain. 

LS376/525 6.2L LS3 525 HP / 486 lb-ft of torque connected to a T56 Super Magnum six-speed manual transmission. These connect and cruise systems are just AWESOME! :metal: 

http://www.theblock.com/?article=cd21a687-34ae-4f7f-9b83-b8c840aae880#news

The-Block-Chevy-Performance-HRPT-Monte-C

The-Block-Chevy-Performance-HRPT-Monte-C

@balthazar I bet you would love to test drive this C10:

The-BLOCK-Chevrolet-Performance-C10-Nati

http://www.theblock.com/?article=dbb4f11c-e1fa-45f3-8c5b-0f1352896ce3#news

LT1 powered

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Those of you who know me know why this one will be weird...   I've alway wanted to experience driving a vintage aircooled Beetle and likewise a Corvair.

I need to drive a '66 Toronado just for the experience.  I'd love to own an '85 Seville and again own an '85 - '87 Continental.

Update: Fate calls.... I might get to drive a Corvair this week, though it is an automatic and I had hoped for a manual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I've never driven an air-cooled Beetle, but have driven a couple of air-cooled Porsches..a buddy in Colorado had a '73 914 and a '76 911 that I drove a couple times each.  Fun cars. 

• Like 1