Racing Video Games/Racing Simulators

ykX

Does any of you play any racing video games/simulators?  Which ones?

I understand that most of the posters here are old f@rts (not that I am young myself to be honest), but I was wondering if any of you play.

Just recently got for my son's birthday Playstation 4 and was considering getting a wheel and pedal setup to play Project Cars 2.

Edited by ykX

9 minutes ago, ykX said:

Any particular games?

with my son call of duty mostly, though I did buy the Atari game pack so I could play the old games with the wife. Specifically had to buy the Namco for Pacman and Digdug.

I also like and have the dancing games with the camera as my wife and daughter play it competing against each other. If your a tomb raider fan those are fun. Halo, Doom, Assassin Creed are my focus. I have not played yet but want to try the new Wolfenstein II.

If not playing with my son, then when I do play it is on my computer. Doom, Half-Life, Wolfenstein series. First Shooter is my personal fun time.

Just now, dfelt said:

with my son call of duty mostly, though I did buy the Atari game pack so I could play the old games with the wife. Specifically had to buy the Namco for Pacman and Digdug.

I also like and have the dancing games with the camera as my wife and daughter play it competing against each other. If your a tomb raider fan those are fun. Halo, Doom, Assassin Creed are my focus. I have not played yet but want to try the new Wolfenstein II.

If not playing with my son, then when I do play it is on my computer. Doom, Half-Life, Wolfenstein series. First Shooter is my personal fun time.

I actually meant in regards to which racing games :)

1 minute ago, ykX said:

I actually meant in regards to which racing games :)

lol, sorry, I have only played Forunza (Spelling?) and I honestly do not remember which version Alex my son has as he plays all the time. I just play when he either brings it over to my house or we go to his and play.

18 minutes ago, dfelt said:

lol, sorry, I have only played Forunza (Spelling?) and I honestly do not remember which version Alex my son has as he plays all the time. I just play when he either brings it over to my house or we go to his and play.

Forza, yea, that's one of the better racing games but it is exclusive to Xbox.

I am more interested in more simulator like realistic game.  I heard iRacing is very close to real life physics but it is a PC game and I think my computer will need some upgrading to be able to play it.  Plus it is a monthly membership game, so the cost adds up and it is not cheap.

Edited by ykX

1 hour ago, ykX said:

I understand that most of the posters here are old f@rts (not that I am young myself to be honest), but I was wondering if any of you play.

Just recently got for my son's birthday Playstation 4 and was considering getting a wheel and pedal setup to play Project Cars 2.

I do play racing games, but it has been awhile. The last one that really held me was Dirt 4 (I really like rally racing). Tried out Gran Turismo Sport, but I found it to be a bit too hardcore for me. I don't mind simulations, as I have played previous versions of Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport (when I had a Xbox 360).

I'm really interested in checking out F1 2018 and if I somehow wrangle my brother away from his Xbox One, Forza Horizon 4.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ykX said:

The last thing I played a crap ton of was Grand Turismo 6 on PS3. I've been busy with life the last X years and haven't even bought one of the newest systems that have been out for quite awhile now. I freakin' loved that game though. I've had all of the Gran Turismo games and they were definitely the most realistic but I'm not sure where that stands now. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I'm currently playing GT Sport on PS4, and love it. I've had every GT game since the original, and will always buy every new iteration. I don't have a wheel setup yet, but it is on the agenda.

From the reviews I have read Project Cars 2 is better than GT Sport but you NEED the wheel setup for it (pretty much unplayable with controller as I understand).