image.png

Bollinger Motors came onto the scene in 2017 with their 4 door AWD Sport Utility Truck. This truck designed on cad and then built and tested all over the US on road and off trail has proven itself so that the company has 20,000 plus reservation and growing for the 2020 production launch. Yet as they near engineering completion, they kept hearing from customers that asked if the truck could be built with a normal pickup size bed. Bollinger Motors Answer is the B2 Pickup Truck.

Built on the outstanding work done for their shorter B1 Sport Utility Truck, the B2 was developed on the same DNA, using the same AWD dual motor, hydropneumatic suspension, in-wheel portal gear hubs, 120 kWh battery pack, large frunk space, and patented pass-through door for long items.

B2 Pickup Truck Specifications:

• Bed is 4' 1" wide x 5' 9" long - Internal cab tailgate down, the truck can carry full 4' x 8' sheets of plywood. Total of 72 sheets of 1/2" plywood can be hauled.
  • Rear glass opens up to the top of the cab. 
  • Class 3 work truck (10,001 Gross Vehicle weight rating)
  • 520 Horsepower
  • 514 lb-ft of torque
  • 0 - 60 MPH in 6.5 seconds
  • 100 MPH Top Speed
  • 9.4 Power / weight Ratio
  • Geared Axle hubs
  • Tire size LT285/70/R17
  • 11.75" Vented Brakes
  • 4-Wheel Anti-lock Inboard Brakes
  • 120 kWh battery pack with a 200 mile EPA range (est)
  • 70.2 MPGe (est)
  • Level 1 & 2 J1772 charging
  • Ports for 110 & 220 V power
  • Level 3 CCS Port Charging (DC Fast)
  • Regenerative Braking
  • 4800 LB Curb Weight
  • 45 / 55 Weight Balance
  • Dimensions
    • 118.8" Wheelbase
    • 171.5" Length
    • 77.2" Width (no mirrors)
    • 89" Width (with mirrors)
    • 72.7" Height
    • 66.2" Front and Rear Track
    • 52 degree Approach Angle
    • 30 degree Break Over Angle
    • 43 degree Departure Angle
  • 4 Passenger
  • 113 Cubic ft of Cargo Capacity
  • 13' Internal Length Front to Rear (Liftgates Closed)
  • 16' 4" Internal Length Front to Rear (Liftgates Open)
  • 14 cubic feet Frunk Storage Capacity
  • 13" wide x 14" high patented pass through to Frunk
  • 24 2x4s fit through the Passthrough
  • Electric AWD
  • All Aluminum Body
  • Capability
    • 15" Ground Clearance
    • 10" Wheel Travel
    • Up to 20" Variable Ground Clearance
    • 5001 LB Payload Capacity
    • 7500 LB Towing Capacity
  • Front and Rear Winch option
  • Plow Capable

image.png

Bollinger Motors website

Additional info on the B1 was published here:

A bit too vintage Land Rover in the shape and details.  I'd for once like to see someone come up with a truck that isn't blocky up front, but sleek and low like a Tesla, Corvette or Porsche.  Something different.

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Here ya go, Moltie; all sleeky / slopey. Bison EV. Blech, IMO.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.39.13 PM.png

I like this, different than all the other trucks out there. Needs some tweaking but I like it.

I like the interior and the fact that this is made with a Carbon Fiber frame and was built to give 186 miles in the cold of northern Canada and be used off road shows this was for more than just normal road use.

Havelaar-Bison-4.jpg?ssl=1

They sure took a page from Tesla with the large center display. Yet this was also built in partnership with the University of Toronto. So I am thinking more a project study than actual production when it was shown off last year.

Original published story:

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/06/02/havelaar-canada-unveils-electric-truck-called-bison/

Havelaar is quiet on their long range plans for this truck.

http://www.havelaarcanada.com/bison/

Is it worse than the Workhores W15 that is going into production and they have numerous reservations for? This is a pickup with EV range and a built in generator for even longer driving. 80 miles pure electric up to 80MPH and the generator kicks in for a total of 310 miles.

W-15-2.jpg

https://workhorse.com/pickup/

W-15 Charging Port

W-15 Interior

You might not like the style or power train, but at least these companies are offering diversity of truck style and options. OEMs seem to be stuck in a rut. 

• Haha 1

I do like Workhorse electric van. Focus is on commercial use at this time. UPS, FedEx and the USPS are all using it in tests for residential delivery work. 100 miles under freight load. This would be nice for both inner city and residential delivery where range is right in the 80 miles per day use. Quiet

21 hours ago, dfelt said:

@A Horse With No Name What do you think of their new pickup?

This and the lotus Caterham 7 are apparently the only two vehicles in history to be designed without compound curves anywhere in the bodywork. Spongebob Squarepants found his new ride!

6 hours ago, dfelt said:

I do like Workhorse electric van. Focus is on commercial use at this time. UPS, FedEx and the USPS are all using it in tests for residential delivery work. 100 miles under freight load. This would be nice for both inner city and residential delivery where range is right in the 80 miles per day use. Quiet

This would work well for my sisters catering company.

14 hours ago, balthazar said:

Here ya go, Moltie; all sleeky / slopey. Bison EV. Blech, IMO.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.39.13 PM.png

Pretty good for a plastic model of a truck sold at Toys R US...ohhh wait....toys R US is gone....crying crocodile tears.

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Hilarious

For once...yes...

Every day, politically, socially, morally our species sinks to a new low.

Our society found a truck to reflect that...

16 hours ago, balthazar said:

Its excruciating to look at (makes a Model T look rakish), and far too heavy despite having an AL body. Needs more time in the oven.

The plywood bodywork would catch fire in that oven.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I love Hummers, and believe me, this is no Hummer

On the contrary....what does an electric motor do when it won't run...it hums...its just a different kind of hummer.

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

More like a Hummer 'prequel'.

And like many prequels a forced effort that bears no justice to the original script.

• Haha 1