https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/12/04/samsung-galaxy-s10-5g-release-date-price-cost-verizon-att-upgrade/#2e285b67573c

S10-Concept2.jpg

One has to wonder if the story about internal employees selling the new foldable display tech to Chinese companies has forced Samsung to speed up the release of info about their new 10 series of phones. Four models, siz cameras, massive displays and gradient colour schemes with 5G as confirmed by Verizon and AT&T, new fold-able phone makes this coming 2019 CES show exciting.

S10-Concept.jpg

The galaxy X is very exciting indeed, if you have not seen the developers show where they showed a masked version of the phone as they wanted to show off their screen, this is very cool tech.

image.png

image.png

You get to see the real phone starting at 1:38, Such a cool phone. :metal:

• 4 months later...

I know some have talked about getting new phones and the types seemed to point to Apple or Pixel. I have been very happy with my Samsung phones yet with that some have pointed out that they just do not seem to update the phones and would rather force you to get a new phone.

Lucky me that Samsung pushed out the Version 9 or Pi build of android with the new Samsung interface that came out on the Galaxy 10 phones. 

Some of the cool updated features or new:

• Adaptive Battery to reduce battery drain
  • Adaptive brightness
  • App Action to predict what your about to do
  • Slices - brings relevant details in your search's such as price and driver eta when you search for Lyft.
  • Intuitive Navigation of the phone buttons and apps
  • Galaxy 10 UI is now pushed out to all Samsung phones globally. Single consistent look and feel.
  • New intuitive camera interface
  • New beauty enhancements for videos added
  • WiFi Calling now standard for all new and older phones back 2 generations or those that can accept the Pi system.
  • Optional updates allowed via WiFi, Server-Initiated, User- Initiated and Roaming. New re-installation option with error detection for roll back and attempted install at a later date.

Very happy with all the changes and have to agree that Samsung did their homework on this update. Really pleased as is the wife and the co-workers I have talked with so far that also have Samsung phones.

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Yeah, a friend of mine just got his Android P update the other day too.  I've had Android P since it was released.

Better late than never. :P 

Yeah, I need to get a new phone for work...my almost 4 year old HTC desire 626 is struggle=night now to keep up with the work load...but it has been a great phone.

Most of my co workers have iPhones..and putting pressure on me to get one as well, (including my bosses). But, I still like android and it’s set up better...

My catch is I am not a fan of pricey phones...could get an s10, or simply a A6 or J7 for Samsung....as long as I can check my e-mail......

Yes, I got my Pixel 3XL about month and a half ago and so far have been pretty happy with it.  It doesn't look as sexy as Samsungs but it is pure Android without any additional things manufacturers tend to cram and the camera is phenomenal (which for me was a main reason to get it).  I just hope it lasts for me.

Latest Samsung phones seem really good though, great hardware and looks.  I don't think the foldable ohone is actually worth the money or trouble, maybe in a few generations, when they work out the issues.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I tend to wait until my provider puts the flagships on special at certain times of the year like Black Friday, the flagships that are halfway into their year or almost fully through their year as the current flagships tend to go for about half of what they were new outright.. Obviously not Apple but Samsung, Google Pixel, LG, Huawei etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ykX said:

Yes, I got my Pixel 3XL about month and a half ago and so far have been pretty happy with it.  It doesn't look as sexy as Samsungs but it is pure Android without any additional things manufacturers tend to cram and the camera is phenomenal (which for me was a main reason to get it).  I just hope it lasts for me.

Latest Samsung phones seem really good though, great hardware and looks.  I don't think the foldable ohone is actually worth the money or trouble, maybe in a few generations, when they work out the issues.  

Agree while the foldable phone is cool, leave it to the rich with surplus cash to burn and the ego of Look at me with the new Toy and crease down the center foldable phone. :P 

2 hours ago, frogger said:

I tend to wait until my provider puts the flagships on special at certain times of the year like Black Friday, the flagships that are halfway into their year or almost fully through their year as the current flagships tend to go for about half of what they were new outright.. Obviously not Apple but Samsung, Google Pixel, LG, Huawei etc.

Yes, I got  my Pixel when it was $300 off, plus Costco supposed to send me $30 gift card to offset Verizon activation fee.

6 hours ago, ykX said:

I put a case on all of my phones anyway, so they all look like black rubberized plastic regardless.  I'll only buy Pixel or Motorola for the reasons you said above. Plain android for me.

But like I said in another thread, once this Pixel is done, I'm probably going iPhone. 

38 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I put a case on all of my phones anyway, so they all look like black rubberized plastic regardless.  I'll only buy Pixel or Motorola for the reasons you said above. Plain android for me.

But like I said in another thread, once this Pixel is done, I'm probably going iPhone. 

Yes, I had Motorola before and switched to Pixel only because of the camera.   I tried iPhone for six month, hated it.  But I understand why people like it, my wife and a lot of friends use iPhones. 

1 minute ago, ykX said:

Yes, I had Motorola before and switched to Pixel only because of the camera.   I tried iPhone for six month, hated it.  But I understand why people like it, my wife and a lot of friends use iPhones. 

If I got a Motorola it would be the Z3 so I could use the camera MotoMod and have true zoom. 

I like android as an OS... my issue is that it is a fight to get compatibility with everything else I might want to use with it.