Cadillac News: Cadillac SuperCruise Adds Miles

Cadillac SuperCruise will be available on over 200,000 miles of North American roadways later this year.  Cadillac is adding an additional 70,000 miles to the existing 130,000 miles already in the system by the 4th quarter 2019.  Cadillac owners will receive an over-the-air update once the system upgrade is completed. 

On top of the increase in SuperCruise map availability, Cadillac will also make system adjustments to improve performance and enhancements to the Driver Attention system.   Last year Cadillac updated the system so that the car would automatically adjust lane centering if a large vehicle was passing close by and also added additional messages in the driver cluster to give more detail as to why SuperCruise may not be available at the moment. 

Cadillac says that CT6 owners have driven more than 2.5 million miles with SuperCruise active since it was introduced on 2018 model year vehicles. 

Cadillac-SuperCruise-DividedHighwaysMap.jpg

View full article

That is very cool and I am excited to see them add more and more highways to it. I wonder how long before they go and add Mexico? 🤔

31 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

BTW, I LOVE supercruise.  I wish I had the budget for a Cadillac with Supercruise.  It is the killer app for me in a car and would make me overlook some of the styling issues I've seen lately. 

Considering how many miles I put on my Escalade yearly all road trip miles, I would love this feature. I hope they roll it out on the next generation. I see no reason not too.

Drew, is there a timeline when the whole Cadillac family gets Supercruise?

11 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Considering how many miles I put on my Escalade yearly all road trip miles, I would love this feature. I hope they roll it out on the next generation. I see no reason not too.

Drew, is there a timeline when the whole Cadillac family gets Supercruise?

All new Cadillacs will have it as an option.  The XT4 will get is and I would expect the XT5 to get it at its next refresh. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

All new Cadillacs will have it as an option.  The XT4 will get is and I would expect the XT5 to get it at its next refresh. 

Now that is good news.  Sounds like Cadillac will have a unique selling point for the first time in decades.  Now if only we can get luxury buyers to ditch Lexus and the Germans . . . . .

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Correct, XT6. i thought I originally read it would not have SuperCruise.. 

That may be the case since is it based on a pre-supercruise platform.  If so, then the XT5 may not get it either.

However, I do remember Cadillac saying that the entire lineup would have SC available sometime in the very near future. I want to say MY 2021 or something (which would be the correct timing for the new Escalade)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Correct, XT6. i thought I originally read it would not have SuperCruise.. 

That is hard to know as even the web site: https://www.cadillac.com/future-concept-vehicles/xt6-crossover-suv

has stated the features are based on a pre-production model and could change.

If Super Cruise is not on the XT6, that would be a mistake for Cadillac.

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That may be the case since is it based on a pre-supercruise platform.  If so, then the XT5 may not get it either.

However, I do remember Cadillac saying that the entire lineup would have SC available sometime in the very near future. I want to say MY 2021 or something (which would be the correct timing for the new Escalade)

Maybe because this is a preexisting platform by 2021 there will be a heavy refresh or new one on deck already..? 

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

If Super Cruise is not on the XT6, that would be a mistake for Cadillac.

The only reason I remember this is because I remember thinking it was ridiculous that their new, large,CUV, that is supposed to compete with the big BMW and Merc, didn't have their latest and greatest technology. I remember specifically being disappointed in its lack of SuperCruise. 

• Thanks 1