2019 Thanksgiving plans???

David

Howdy all, so I thought it might be fun to sound off and post what your plans are for this week?

I will start, we have friends coming in from out of town, kids will be coming home also and local friends joining us for a comfy gathering of 12 people for a relaxing afternoon and evening of eating, drinking and socializing. Then we will have some midnight shopping as I play chauffeur in driving the wife, kids and who ever else around to get shopping done and I relax in the back 40 of the parking lot.

Seems to work as one person gets inline to check out, the others go gets their stuff and then they check out and I pick them up and off to the next location. Other than that for Thursday and playing tour guide on Friday, the rest of the 4 day weekend will be working.

Took off 2day & went & saw Ford vs ferrari w/ the missus. Tomm:  going to 1 of my jobs, take some measurements & do a drawing to submit for a permit. Off Wed: prep day. About 17 people over here Thurs. Showing the GTO Friday or Sat- hope it goes! Not planning on working Fri.

TUES: did my measurements/pics and got a permit form. Patched 3 potholes in my terrible asphalt driveway (hope to repave next year), and cut a 8', 18-20" dia rotten tree trunk down, cut it in half & hauled it into the woods.

Edited by balthazar
  • Like 1

Taking off Thursday and Friday.  Doing Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant downtown w my sister.  Probably going to visit a couple wineries on the North Coast Fri-Sat if the weather is nice.  Maybe visit some local museums. 

• Like 1

Last year we hosted a small gathering for two people who didn't have a place to go for the holiday. This year we're hosting most of the family, I think the count is 12 or 13 plus a dog.  I'm still sick, but getting by. We're doing most of the cooking. There's a 20 lbs turkey defrosting in the fridge.

Friday I stay at home and shop online. Saturday and Sunday are just free days for me... might hang out with friends. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 5:57 PM, dfelt said:

Howdy all, so I thought it might be fun to sound off and post what your plans are for this week?

I will start, we have friends coming in from out of town, kids will be coming home also and local friends joining us for a comfy gathering of 12 people for a relaxing afternoon and evening of eating, drinking and socializing. Then we will have some midnight shopping as I play chauffeur in driving the wife, kids and who ever else around to get shopping done and I relax in the back 40 of the parking lot.

Seems to work as one person gets inline to check out, the others go gets their stuff and then they check out and I pick them up and off to the next location. Other than that for Thursday and playing tour guide on Friday, the rest of the 4 day weekend will be working.

Very nice!

Happily staying around PHX, was 60 degrees and sunny today, a chilly 42 (for us lol) 7am this morning. Heading over to cousins house in Arcadia with Aunt and Uncle who are in town.

Christmas is the big show with Dad and wife, two sisters with husbands and three nephews all coming to town, will be a good time had by all!

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!

Edited by USA-1
  • Agree 1

Relaxing on the sofa w/ the furs after a delicious meal at Table 45...food coma.  Our Uber downtown was a black w/ black interior Suburban and the return was a black w/ black interior Yukon Denali... love those big GM boats.

• Agree 3

Had a great T-day, hope everyone else did. My family is not big on Turkey, so I did my Butter roasted Chickens and candied Ham.

Hope everyone is have a great holiday weekend.

20191128_163250.jpg

20191128_171526.jpg

20191128_171540.jpg

• Agree 2