Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Toyota drivers don't know how to drive...

...but members and their bikes too! I was biking home after an exam...

This guy in a blue Corolla came from the back, heavily accelerating to overtake two bikes behind me, and missed me by an inch. But I was knocked into a curb and fell off my bike onto the sidewalk. And this was UW Ring Road, with a speed limit of 20km/h. He was more like going 50.

Add 2 scratches + 2 blood injuries for me...

Edited by ToniCipriani

Wow... dude that's messed up! :blink:

Hope there's no scarring.

Pretty much nobody who drives a Toyota in Toronto knows how to drive. I was stuck behind an old Corolla on the 401. He had his left blinker on and he never turned. He ended up holding a couple of people up in the other lane because they didnt know if he was going to change lanes.

Guest YellowJacket894

Toyota must be practicing witchcraft and placing spells on GM fans.

Seriously, though, this is getting out of hand.

Hope the damage heals quick for you, TC. :)

Edited by YellowJacket894

I was slammed up against my car in a parking lot by a woman in a 2000 Corolla who "jack-rabbit" started her car. After I picked myself up off the pavement, I marvelled over the fact that the supposedly superior Jap-crap didn't have a clutch lock out to prevent that - the crappy Cavalier has had that for years!

Then another woman in a Rav4 ran a red light in her CR-V and slammed into the side of my (then) new Blazer. She claimed she didn't see the red light, but then she was from Markham and we were downtown.

From where I sit, most of the people driving Toyotas in my neighborhood are "new Canadians," and quite frankly, they can't drive. I see all sorts of wierd things: left hand turns from the right lane on one way streets, U-turns in the middle of the intersection, but most of all people who are just intimidated by driving at all. HOW DO THEY GET THEIR LICENSE?

heh. Nearly the same thing happened to me, Toni. A Toyota Corolla comes up behind me and doesn't give an inch. I run off the road and fall, but luckily there was no curb so I just went onto the grass.

Usually, if there's poor visibility like a sharp turn or a uphill grade., I'll stick my left hand out and move it a bit just so people behind me see something moving in their line of sight.

Then another woman in a Rav4 ran a red light in her CR-V

So which is it? :P

heh. Nearly the same thing happened to me, Toni. A Toyota Corolla comes up behind me and doesn't give an inch. I run off the road and fall, but luckily there was no curb so I just went onto the grass.

Usually, if there's poor visibility like a sharp turn or a uphill grade., I'll stick my left hand out and move it a bit just so people behind me see something moving in their line of sight.

But that was a clear flat road with no corners...

There was some dipwad kid on the freeway yesterday with a new Acura RSX with a fart can and Type-R badges on the back that was going slow in the fast lane, so I moved over to the lane on my right and began to pass him. I went around him (giving him PLENTY of space), but his boy-racer attitude kicked in and he started speeding up and riding my tail for about a mile. No idea why either...but I started getting pissed so I slowed down to about 55...then gave him the finger and took off. He tried to be a bonehead again and ride my car's tail but got caught behind some slow merging traffic. What is it with Type-R badges and asshole drivers?

There was some dipwad kid on the freeway yesterday with a new Acura RSX with a fart can and Type-R badges on the back that was going slow in the fast lane, so I moved over to the lane on my right and began to pass him.  I went around him (giving him PLENTY of space), but his boy-racer attitude kicked in and he started speeding up and riding my tail for about a mile.  No idea why either...but I started getting pissed so I slowed down to about 55...then gave him the finger and took off.  He tried to be a bonehead again and ride my car's tail but got caught behind some slow merging traffic.  What is it with Type-R badges and asshole drivers?

The R stands for Retarded.

I was slammed up against my car in a parking lot by a woman in a 2000 Corolla who "jack-rabbit" started her car.  After I picked myself up off the pavement, I marvelled over the fact that the supposedly superior Jap-crap didn't have a clutch lock out to prevent that - the crappy Cavalier has had that for years!

Then another woman in a Rav4 ran a red light in her CR-V and slammed into the side of my (then) new Blazer. She claimed she didn't see the red light, but then she was from Markham and we were downtown.

From where I sit, most of the people driving Toyotas in my neighborhood are "new Canadians," and quite frankly, they can't drive.  I see all sorts of wierd things: left hand turns from the right lane on one way streets, U-turns in the middle of the intersection, but  most of all people who are just intimidated by driving at all.  HOW DO THEY GET THEIR LICENSE?

How can you tell a "new Canadian" while driving just by looking at them?

• 2 weeks later...

OK right... maybe my bike is a Toyota magnet or something. Almost got hit by another today. And guess what? Another Corolla.

It was a green light, then I was biking along through an intersection. I as usual, kept to a side of the road. Another car (a blue Corolla that looks identical to the one that hit me last time) saw me and yielded me some space. But then the car behind (a silver Corolla) went WOT and almost knocked me to the curb. I didn't fell this time, just scared the crap out of me.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much nobody who drives a Toyota in Toronto knows how to drive. I was stuck behind an old Corolla on the 401. He had his left blinker on and he never turned. He ended up holding a couple of people up in the other lane because they didnt know if he was going to change lanes.

152903[/snapback]

Ya it's usually the drivers who live in Brampton, you know what kind I'm talking about ;)

im still pissed about that guys carbon fiber chassis shattered and scrathced my hood and the blood smears on the window when i turned on my wipers to get him off my windsheild. Damn Trek riders

Only people with 1977 Takara road bikes with orignal everything Know how to ride.

I feel that sometimes that people shouldnt ride there bikes in main roads like Harper and jeferson after the city payed millions to get brand new and level sidwalks in.