What should I buy?

What vehicle do you think would be best for the value. I will be looking for a car very soon. I have a list. It will most likely be a GM because they are cheaper.

97-03 Malibu

95-99 Aurora

00-03 Cavalier/Sunfire

99-04 Grand Am

93-98 Bonneville

94-2000 Concorde/ LHS

87-92 Blazer/Jimmy 2 door

99-04 Alero

any other suggestions?

BTW, it should look good between our two beasts, LOL.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

Aurora, right? I am also thinking of buying a 72 Nova SS near my house. It has a 350 put in it. It needs paint and some stuff in it. Not sure if it is worth it. It would probably sit in my driveway for a couple of years. My neighbour may sell me his 93 Bonneville SSEI for $2000. Good deal and was there any problems with these vehicles?

well if you dont mind FWD (which it seems you dont) and you like the looks of em... a monte is a good choice... you could probably get a supercharged SS for like 17k and a regular SS for 10-14k... and if you dont mind a little less horse (ss has 200, s/c has 240, LS has like 180) im sure an LS would be well under 10k... although if you're goin to go for one... DO NOT go below 2000... the late 90s montes were... ew dont remind me about those... *shudders*

from your choices though... i'd say go with an alero... everyone i know that has one loves it... its a solid car and pretty fun to drive

Guest YellowJacket894

How much is the Nova, by the way? If it's low cost, no rust, and needs just paint, trim, and a few interior pieces, it could be worth the investment. Remember these old cars just apreciate in value (if you restore them correctly). Plus, Novas are, well, sort of rare. I've seen them priced well above $5,000 bucks here in the States and they're not what I would consider advertised in droves.

The '93 Bonnie sounds nice, too. I considered one before I decided I had to have a '68 Firebird (which, I'm hoping I'll have this fall, by the way).

The Alero is a nice car. I'd say go with that, since the 3.4L V6 is pretty efficient and has some good power to it when it's called upon. It looks great as a coupe, too.

My price range is under $7000 CDN. The Nova is $4900. It needs paint, interior work, new suspension, new mufflers, new tires, etc. The Alero is nice and my uncle just bought one. I have also been considering the Intrigue. I knew I forgot something from the list. The Montes, I dont know about. I also forgot to put the older GPs as well as the generation before that.

Guest YellowJacket894

The Nova is $4900. It needs paint, interior work, new suspension, new mufflers, new tires, etc.

Hmmm...I'm leaning to "skip it."

How about a '95 - '99 Dodge Avenger? Those cars are pretty nice.

The 3100 and 3400 are both prone to the Upper Intake Manifold gaskets leaking on them, causing the thing to eventually overheat and blow the head gaskets out. The 3800 has a problem with the coolant and EGR passages in the plastic upper intake on the vehicle, in which the hot EGR gases eat through the plastic (that's right, a plastic upper intake, brilliant idea), and compromises the coolant passage also, allowing antifreeze into the rest of the engine, and oil, causing all sorts of haywire.

By the way, go with the Alero, they're good cars, I had a 99 GA SE2 coupe with the 3.4L, no problems, loved the car, got good mileage with my "very spirited" driving, until an Expedition decided she didn't like my passenger side rear fender/quater.

The LH sedans were nightmares as far as reliability goes... they've got decent power & are very comfy inside, but other than that, they're pieces of crap. Ask yourself... how many old Intrepids, LHSs, Visions & Concordes do you see rolling around?

94-2000 Concorde/ LHS

Stay away for this one.... transmissions suck!