Perfect Fit!

There's been some interest in dropping a turbo into the 2.0 Litre Holden 4-banger, as far as going with an option that's been tried and true for over a decade with this engine; however, I think I found a better option.

108,920 HP @ 102 RPM

5,608,312 LB/ft of torque @ 102 RPM

While the 14-cylinder does drink 1,660 gallons of heavy fuel oil per hour, I think I can be a little lighter on the throttle to help that.

Posted Image

That's the inline 12-cylinder model. I might need to beef up the front suspension a tad to carry the weight.

Info here: http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

You think the guys at Jiffy Lube are going to hate me when I pull in with this thing (under?) the hood?

Edited by ShadowDog

and does what.... other than make lots of noise?

First off, it doesn't make noise. It purrs at an acceptable volume... all through the RPM range. One thing it does make is power. The tires will chirp going into second, if up to 7k in first, which is more than what I can say for any other automatic trannied car I've driven... The auto is what's keeping the tires from spinning from a stop, and I don't feel like abusing the tranny. Besides... I like high end power. There's something about going up through the revs to get power that just intrigues me. That's not saying I like a total lack of power in the lower RPMs like some engines...

Well I'm sure it at least thinks about blowing apart at that speed.

No... It runs better than anything in our driveway, including the Sunfire. For 160k miles, I find that very suprising. This thing was treated like a baby throughout it's life.. It's pretty obvious. I guess the guy wasn't lying when he said it was his mother's (and he was about in his late 30's/early 40's) and an older doctor before her. Still... it was an old notion that high RPM's equals danger to an engine. I laughed at my dad for saying that once some time ago.. So, I hope you were joking. :D

Anyways... 900 miles and of my driving and it still runs perfectly. :P

Yeah... I miss JamesB, he is a fountain of knowledge.