Saw 2 HHRs while eating at Burger King

01Malibu

I read something like that in another forum. Chevy can't keep them in stock. It won't be long until it outsells the PT Cruiser. Lutz said that the first three vehicles he's been totally in charge of are the HHR, Solstice and the H3. Looks like three hits...too bad he was not there for the G6.

First prediction was 100K units a year ( probably Lutz's number), then it was brought down to 50K units a year. I think it will be close to the first prediction. :) Second month was close to 6K units with extremely short supply and no advertisement. Edited by Matt276

working as a salesman at a Chevy dealership i can say first hand that the HHR has been impossible to keep in stock. the first one that we got in lasted 2 hours (silver LS). the second one (black LT - loaded) our owner tried to hold on to it so people could at least see it so they marked it "NOT FOR SALE" and a customer paid $1500.00 over sticker..............

I stopped at the local dealer yesterday, they have only one in stock. I asked my rep about it and he told me it was sold. Then he told me there was three more coming in and they were sold too. He added that a large company are testing one and if they like it, they will order 20. This is CRAZY!! Lutz was right with 100K unit a year. :) :)

First time I saw it, it was a blue LS rental, and it looked pretty much horrible. I saw a dark grey LT today, with the big, chrome wheels and all, and it looks much sharper.

[post="11865"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly, the chrome really (and I mean really) makes the car. I'm not even a fan of chrome, but I have to say that it's tasefully done. It certaintly grabs your attention on a sunny day, as it's the only car that I know with that much chrome on the grill.

You know what's really strange? I saw my first HHR about a month ago while eating at Burger King. Coincidence? Seriously, though. It's a nice looking car. Definitely will be on my shopping list for the next family hauler. If we could get the Cobalt Supercharged SS drivetrain, it would move way up the list.