Cadillac News: Cadillac Electrifies an Icon with the Cadillac Escalade IQ

Course Tesla will survive as companies buy their Supercharger stations and install them such as BP buying $100,000,000 million of them.

BP Buying $100M Worth of Tesla EV Chargers: What's the Big Deal? - CNET

image.png

18 hours ago, smk4565 said:

EV sales are 8% of the market in the USA, 25% in California.  EV’s are 14% of new cars sales in Europe and 31% in China.  Guess what the #1 volume market was for GM and VW?  China.  But GM and VW are bleeding sales over there.

You can barely get an ICE car for $20k, that won’t buy you a base Corolla, but let’s say $25k gets you a Civic, Trax, Kona, etc.

If someone builds a $30k sticker price EV in North America, the $7500 tax credit is applied point of sale starting in January, now we have a $22,500 EV that is cheaper than ICE.  If the domestics don’t figure it out, the Chinese already have.

Do the Chinese build EV cars to our government regulations for $25K (without tax credits)?  And are they exporting them to the US or Canada right now?  I don't think so (at the moment).

On 10/27/2023 at 4:42 PM, smk4565 said:

And they are going to keep getting credits because Ford and GM are cutting EV production and delaying EV’s and Stellantis nowhere to be found at a time when the CAFE numbers are going up.

I'd like to lookup those numbers as well because I doubt they'd be getting credits from Ford. They have a hybrid or plug-in hybrid version of everything they sell and they have a few EVs. 

I have no clue what the regulations are on this, at this point. I'd assume a lot of those credits are coming from Stellantis, as they still hardly have anything truly fuel efficient. 

• Agree 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:02 AM, riviera74 said:

EV sales are only 2% of all NEW auto sales.  They barely exist in the used car market.  Here is what I wonder:  if EVs are the next big thing, why can't I buy a new one for about $20K?  Until that is addressed, then "the EV is the next big thing" is little more than a pipe dream, regardless of government regulations.

Have you ever heard of the Chevrolet Bolt? It's $26,500 before a $7500 rebate = $19,500.

The Bolt EUV is about a grand more so that, too, can be had for about $20k. 

The Nissan Leaf qualifies for $3,750 of the federal rebate and brings the 28k Leaf down to ~24k. 

• Agree 2