Spied: 2007 Acura MDX

Variance

Spied: 2007 Acura MDX

Posted Image

Meet the coming replacement for the old and tired current MDX. The new MDX is styled similarly to the RDX, just like the new X5 is styled after the X3 (though in Acura's case, the result doesn't look to be as bad). The interior is very much like the RL's.

Read "Spy photos: 2007 Acura MDX" @ Edmunds Straightline

The pics are pretty small. The Temple of Vtec has a couple better pictures here. The interior is in camo as well, so looks bad. That lighting doesn't help.

There are too many buttons and it doesn't look that luxurious.

Wow... so... many... buttons...

Lots of buttons for lots of features. It's layed out remarkably well for how many there are. That could have gone horribly wrong :lol:

The exterior looks decent but the interior is blah. They should have made the stack wider so that all the buttons weren't so close together, and they could have too; look at how much wider the console is than the stack.

The wood looks nice though, I like it.

Frankly, I don't think it's enough buttons.

There should be buttons covering the entire steering wheel.

There should be buttons all across the dashboard.

There should be buttons all over the head rest.

Look at all the space they're missing out on!!

Good God! I think we found the Honda Civic interior design team's current project.

Way too busy to look luxurious. Why can't they just keep copy the interiors from the TL or even the RL. They were much less cluttered and much more upscale.

I wonder why Honda isn't putting out a serious effort sending Acura into competition with the luxury brands? Honda could do it if they really tried.. and maybe had the courage to produce anything bigger then a V6.

With the exception of the RL, the entire line-up is FWD and there are no V8s, a must have in a serious luxury carmaker.

Will they continue rebadging Euro Hondas or will someone wake up and give Acura a chance to really shine?

You know... this interior may be very pleasent. It appears to be very ergonomic and interesting enough not to be boring. (Which for Acura is a GREAT thing!!!) But, the color grey is the most debilitating color on the planet... GM included...

Just as an interior gets legs and starts to run it is tripped up by the blah grey... AGHGHGHFHDHEHGH:LKWEJ:OKJWEOIU!!!

Frankly, I don't think it's enough buttons.

There should be buttons covering the entire steering wheel.

There should be buttons all across the dashboard.

There should be buttons all over the head rest.

Look at all the space they're missing out on!!

I'd rather have all those buttons.....than I would I-Drive, or MMi, or Comand.....

From looking closer at it, the flash from the camera is making all the lighter colors really bright. So the center console looks crowded with all the white writing. I think in a normal photo it will look fine. Just wait until the professional shots come out of the production interior.