Spies Go Inside the X5

Bimmer325

Posted Image

Posted ImageSpied: BMW X5 Interior

--------------------

The latest X5 spy shot to be added to the growing album offers insight into the SUV's interior. The latest, most-notably clear shot reveals a design that follows BMW's recent interior design trend from it's broad swath of aluminum to the highly-placed NAV and curving center-console. Perhaps the most polarizing aspect of the interior is the gear-selector that looks to be sourced from Norelco. We'll see if that piece makes production.

Posted Image

Image courtesy KGP

Bimmer, you're a riot... Norelco :lol:

I'm assuming the area above the aluminum will be covered in wood?

Not really enjoying the inerior much though.

Not a big fan of BMW's interiors lately-they just look akward to me. The last time I saw two air vents stacked on each other on the passenger side was in my friend's mom's Beretta.

That black piece above the aluminum on the passenger's side doesn't look like it fits very well with the top air vent. There's a noticeable (at least to me) gap. It also looks like it doesn't fit too well with the top part of the dash either.

That black piece above the aluminum on the passenger's side doesn't look like it fits very well with the top air vent. There's a noticeable (at least to me) gap. It also looks like it doesn't fit too well with the top part of the dash either.

Remember, this is a pre-production vehicle at the hands of generally careless individuals during testing. Things will more-than-likely line up once the design meets regular production. I hope.

At first I was kind of wondering if it was a good idea for my mom to get her current X5 instead of waiting for the new models, but after seeing recent spyshots of the new X5 I am glad she got it now. The last of the bangle-ized designs (well, technically, Bangle was in charge of the design of the original X5 as well...so, I guess Hooydonk influenced design is better suited here...(Hooydonk being the creator of the Z9 concept which started it all)).

I like it.

It looks like they are making the shifter a console-mounted version of the column shifter on the 7.....in other words, no shift gate....gears being selected electronically. I think I'd still prefer a shift gate....but at least it's down on the console.

BMW interiors are still constructed with the finest materials and fit-and-finish (minus the X3) so this one I'm sure will be just as nice.

I think the dash is a bangle-ized update on the current X5 dash....that's what it looks like to me.

It looks like they are making the shifter a console-mounted version of the column shifter on the 7.....in other words, no shift gate....gears being selected electronically.  I think I'd still prefer a shift gate....but at least it's down on the console.

That shifter actually reminds me of a larger SMG selector/shifter/thingy...though I doubt it will have SMG...

This seems to be the anti-Bangle... it's not artistic at all, but instead, very plain and parts-binny, even though the switchgear is unique to the X5. Some elements of the control layout remind me of the upcoming Aveo, scarily enough.

This seems to be the anti-Bangle... it's not artistic at all, but instead, very plain and parts-binny, even though the switchgear is unique to the X5. Some elements of the control layout remind me of the upcoming Aveo, scarily enough.

To me, this interior reminds me of the new 3-Series' interior......

When you first see it in pictures, it also looks too boring and spartan.

After you sit inside one, however, the quality of the materials, fit, and switchgear really make a standout impression.....

At least they are simplifying the dash designs instead of evoking an interior style as advantgarde as the Bangle'd exteriors......