Rebuilding GM: Key Vehicles

Okay, guys. Start making a list of what you think the one or two top vehicles per brand will be (or are) that will bring each brand back into the spotlight for GM, as a whole, to prosper like it once did. I'll start:

Buick: A Zeta sedan.. Right now, nothing's happening at Buick except talk. The Enclave might draw its own crowd, too, but it might not get enough talk.

Cadillac: A&S v1 did it essentially, but the '08 CTS will really get them going

Chevrolet: Camaro and Impala. Two pre-existing vehicles on a brand new platform with much better quality, design, and technology.

Chevy Trucks/GMC: The Avalanche and rest of the 900 fleet look amazing; this'll do it. Give them just a bit more time and people will be flocking to the lots.. they already are.

Pontiac: Solstice got 'er started as a cheap, quirky performance vehicle. We'll see what happens with Zeta in our Performance Division.

Saturn: Sky and Aura. Two beautiful vehicles priced right. I can't wait to see what else is up their sleeve.

Chevrolet Impala sedan, coupe companion, and Camaro coupe and cloth-top convertible. Full replacement for Aveo with more efficient gas and diesel engines. Epsilon Malibu v.2. Updated GMT355 and new 900 pickups. Lambda replacement for GMT360.

Pontiac entry-level RWD sedan and coupe, Grand Am sedan, coupe and convertible, and Zeta sedan and coupe.

Buick entry-level sedan on Epsilon II and Zeta sedan, coupe and convertible.

Cadillac CTS v.2, CTS coupe, DTS replacement on Zeta, hybrid Escalades.

Saturn Astra sedan, estate, and 3 and 5 door hatches. Aura Red and Greenline. Vue replacement.

GMC 900 pickups and Lambda replacement for GMT360. Updated GMT355.

I feel that all these vehicles are key, and vital in the next few years.

Edited by ocnblu

I don't like Saturn and Chevy needs another car like Mercedes needs another car.

But what if they were to replace the Malibu/Maxx with something similar to the G6 concept and add a wagon/hatchback version?

A midsize, entry-level, luxury-oriented sedan, or in other words, the next LaCrosse. Base it off a common low-budget FWD platform like Epsilon, but give it a truly luxurious interior, elegant styling, a good amount of sound insulation, and tons of gadgetry. It will be a lot cheaper to build than the CTS, and probably sell more, too.

The best-selling $36K luxury cars are tastefully glorified $18K Camrys and Accords.

Edited by empowah

chevy needs a kick ass camry killer and a whole new line of crossovers. they need a competitive minivan and a camaro. they need a large RWD based car like a new impala. they will soon need to redo the cobalt. they need new vans to battle the sprinter in the commerical market. the trailblazer could stand an interior update. chevy needs a cheap convertible. i think a large but simple hatchback called the chevette with hybrid and diesel options is needed. they need a new monte.

pontiac. they need a camry sized car that has serious performance and i would keep it FWD based. they could also use a serious RWD based sedan that is about the same size or larger. i would have one crossover akin to the new CX-5, but with a real motor and without the pu$$-y styling. I would take the Grand Am/G6 down to a size between the last GA and current G6. A GTO like coupe is needed with RWD. A smaller TT sized RWD based coupe is needed, i.e. a 2+2. I am ok with a G5 type car as long as it has a better performance option than cobalt. I would consider a kick ass vibe replacement if they could make it look bitchen.

rest later.

Chevy: Killer Malibu, RWD Impala, and a Cobalt that's best-in-class.

Pontiac: RWD Grand Prix, killer G6, small RWD sedan, new GTO.

Buick: EP2 LaCrosse, TE X-Over.

Cadillac: CTS Coupe, best-in-class STS, ULS.

Hummer: H3 V8, H4.

GMC: Give them the NG Torrent.

Saab: Nothing - no need to invest in something that hasn't proven it can sell.

Saturn: Astra/ION.

Buick - full size Zeta sedan

Cadillac - full size Sigma to replace both DTS and STS

Chevrolet - everything needs to be a hit, from trucks to Zeta Impala to Malibu and Cobalt.

Pontiac - Epsilon II G6 (The Grand Am/G6 has been a core model for Pontiac for 20 years, so this is more important than the GTO or G8.)

Saturn - Aura is nice, but Saturn could use an excellent small car to take on the Civic and Corolla.

Edited by ehaase