how cadillac should quickly realign its car

ok, I think we all agree that the NG CTS is amazing. in order to reinvigorate the srx and sts till a replacment comes along cadillac should do this.

Take the 300 hp 3.6 DI and replace all other v6 optioned cars with it. 6 speed auto o everything, speed the DI northstar to production making about 360-380 hp and toss it i everything with a northstar, and tweak and tune the SC northstar for 500 hp so cadd ycan matc bmws numbers. Give the STS a moderate MCE rewroking and maybe a slight one to the XLR and your fully competitive again till the next NG products come out. What do you guys think?

Six Speed Auto on EVERYTHING?!

C'mon buddy, all the European companies offer sticks with their vehicles and so do some of the Japanese. Cadillac should be no different. There are people out there who are dead set on a standard transmission. Plus, offering the auto as the only option makes Cadillac seem a little 'fogie'd' out

I meant for the auto option make everything the new 6 speed. deffinetly keep the manny in the CTS, offer it as an option in the XLR and maybe even the sts

Speaking of that WhyTF is there not a 3rd pedal option for the XLR???

I meant for the auto option make everything the new 6 speed. deffinetly keep the manny in the CTS, offer it as an option in the XLR and maybe even the sts

Ok, I gotcha.

As for the XLR... I figured it was more oriented towards cruising, so a manual wouldn't sell, but you never know :AH-HA_wink: . Sad thing is I've only seen the same red one around here, but that's it. It looks way better than the Merc's and BMW's IMO.

A Manual option on the STS, at least with the V6 sounds pretty awesome, and can only help Caddy's image, even if it's only auto reviewers who use it...

I would like to see the Northstar V8 get a little larger and have AT LEAST 400HP with normal asperation. This would not just CETCH-UP with the competitors but BEAT THEM! Why should the STANDARD OF THE WORLD FOLLOW the others when they could BLOW THEM AWAY! I agree "Intrigued" that they need to get MORE POWER out of the NS V8's but WHY JUST COMPETE with 360-380HP when they could do 400HP and BEAT EVERYONE to that #? The others will be there soon enough witch is why I in the past pushed for the LS2 to be used as a NS replacement. But others thought that the CLAIMED SUPERIOR DOHC 4VPC NS was MORE ADVANCED and better for a luxury car. With the reworked DI 3.6L HFV6 going to 300 or so horsepower why not take the NS up to 5.0L's and offer DOD and a nice even--CLASS LEADING 400HP?

I would like to see the Northstar V8 get a little larger and have AT LEAST 400HP with normal asperation. This would not just CETCH-UP with the competitors but BEAT THEM! Why should the STANDARD OF THE WORLD FOLLOW the others when they could BLOW THEM AWAY! I agree "Intrigued" that they need to get MORE POWER out of the NS V8's but WHY JUST COMPETE with 360-380HP when they could do 400HP and BEAT EVERYONE to that #? The others will be there soon enough witch is why I in the past pushed for the LS2 to be used as a NS replacement. But others thought that the CLAIMED SUPERIOR DOHC 4VPC NS was MORE ADVANCED and better for a luxury car. With the reworked DI 3.6L HFV6 going to 300 or so horsepower why not take the NS up to 5.0L's and offer DOD and a nice even--CLASS LEADING 400HP?

considering that the current 4.6 N* barely fits in the applications it's used in now, I doubt a growth in physical size would work. I agree with you about the power figures tho.

They can increase the displacement of the Northstar without making the block bigger, I've read somewhere the Northstar can be increased to 5.0 liters or so. A displacement increase & DI should be good for 400hp, add a supercharger and 500hp is more than just possible. The NG CTS-V should use a supercharged LS2.

The SRX is getting a new interior for 2007, and so should the STS, or at least for 2008. The 3.6 on all Cadillacs should make no less than 300hp, to give room for the 2.8 output to increase to 250hp.

• 1 month later...

They can increase the displacement of the Northstar without making the block bigger, I've read somewhere the Northstar can be increased to 5.0 liters or so. A displacement increase & DI should be good for 400hp, add a supercharger and 500hp is more than just possible. The NG CTS-V should use a supercharged LS2.

The SRX is getting a new interior for 2007, and so should the STS, or at least for 2008. The 3.6 on all Cadillacs should make no less than 300hp, to give room for the 2.8 output to increase to 250hp.

160806[/snapback]

I seriously doubt the N* can get a displacement increase. It was DECREASED to 4.4L for the supercharged version in the V-car to provide for thicker cylinder walls. This fact would put any major displacement increase in doubt.

I think they should just completely dump the 2.8. Who needs it? Cadillac is supposed to be the "Standard of the World" and they should stop putting together stuff in their models that make the product perform less than would be expected for a product this lofty.

I also think they need to increase the basic N* horsepower output or simply abandon in favor of the SC version. Lots of engines get 300+ horsepower these days. Again, the "Standard" should dominate in this area.

I seriously doubt the N* can get a displacement increase. It was DECREASED to 4.4L for the supercharged version in the V-car to provide for thicker cylinder walls. This fact would put any major displacement increase in doubt.

I think they should just completely dump the 2.8. Who needs it? Cadillac is supposed to be the "Standard of the World" and they should stop putting together stuff in their models that make the product perform less than would be expected for a product this lofty.

I also think they need to increase the basic N* horsepower output or simply abandon in favor of the SC version. Lots of engines get 300+ horsepower these days. Again, the "Standard" should dominate in this area.

173775[/snapback]

they did the same thing with the EcoTEC from 2.2 to 2.0 when they asperated it... just built it a little stronger to hold the pressure...