September 2012: Jaguar Land Rover North AmericaSales Jaguar Land Rover September
- Jaguar Land Rover North America U.S. sales increase 20 percent for September; best September since 2007
- Land Rover sales increase 33 percent for September driven by sales of Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Evoque
- Jaguar begins dealership delivery of XJ 3.0 Liter V6 in October and XJ All Wheel Drive in December.
"Jaguar Land Rover had its best U.S. September sales since 2007 with an increase of 20 percent," said Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover North America. “The 2012 Model Year has delivered gains for the year for both Jaguar and Land Rover, a trend we expect to continue with the 2013 Model Year including the MY13 Jaguar XJ and updated Land Rover LR2.”
U.S. BRAND HIGHLIGHTS
Jaguar's U.S. sales for September, 2012 were down 10 percent, but are up 3 percent for the year to 9550 from 9,315. The volume leader for the year is the Jaguar XF with 4,380 sales, up 16 percent from 3,767 in 2011.
For MY13, Jaguar transforms its U.S. lineup, and dramatically expands U.S. market presence with addition of:
- Instinctive All Wheel Drive™ – Available on both the XF and XJ
- Supercharged 340hp V6 engines in the XF and XJ
- Turbocharged 240hp four cylinder engine available in the XF
- Eight Speed ZF® Automatic Transmissions on all XF and XJ models
- Auto Engine Stop/Start on select XF and XJ models
For the month of September, 2012, Land Rover sales were up 33 percent, driven by Range Rover Sport and Range Rover Evoque. The volume leader for September, 2012 was the Range Rover Sport with 1,514 units sold, up 23 percent from 1,232 in 2011. The all-new Range Rover Evoque, winner of the 2012 North American Truck of the Year, hit 559 units sold in September, 2012.
The All New 2013 MY Range Rover, featuring weight-saving aluminum architecture, goes on sale in December, 2012. For MY13, the Land Rover LR2 receives significant interior and exterior design updates, as well as a fuel efficient 240-hp Turbocharged four cylinder engine.
Land Rover's 2013 Model Year line-up features five models: The 240-hp 2.0 liter powered LR2; the LR4 powered by the 375-hp 5.0 liter V8; the Range Rover Sport and Range Rover, both available with the Naturally-aspirated 375-hp V8 and 510-hp supercharged 5.0 liter V8 powertrains. The newest model, the 2013 Range Rover Evoque has a starting price of $41,995* for the five-door, and $44,995* for the coupe and achieves 28 MPG** EPA highway and 20 MPG** EPA city.
Something Different Comes This Way In the Minivan Class
What Are Two of Chrysler's Vehicles Like When Equipped With A V8?
So Close To Getting It Right, But Some Problems Prevent It
News and Opinion
News and Opinion