2008 Saturn Ordering Guide

2008 Aura
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Deletions
  • Exterior paint colors (25U) Midnight Blue, (41U) Black Onyx and (63U) Berry Red
New Features
  • (DD0) Heated power-adjustable, driver-side auto-dimming, body-color manual folding mirrors available on XE Sedan with (PCM) Preferred Package and (LZ4) 3.5L Variable Valve Timing V6 engine
  • Exterior paint color (37U) Deep Blue
  • Exterior paint color (58U) Black Mist (extra-cost color)
  • Exterior paint color (80U) Red Jewel Tintcoat (extra-cost color)
Changes
  • (223) Morocco Brown interior trim now includes embossed on door trim, steering wheel and shift knob (in addition to the seat inserts)

-----------------

2008 Outlook Changes
Posted ImagePosted Image

Deletions
  • Exterior paint color (62U) Charcoal
New Features
  • Exterior paint color (12U) Garnet
  • Exterior paint color (58U) Carbon Flash
  • (DK1) Second row console, available on XR models with (ABB) 7-passenger seating
  • (UVC) Rearview camera system, included and only available with (U3R) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player and DVD-based navigation or (UZR) AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD/DVD player and DVD-based navigation
Changes
  • (UD7) Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist is now included and only available on all models with (PDC) Convenience Package. (Previously only available on XR models with (PDC) Convenience Package.)
  • (U2K) XM Satellite Radio is now standard on all models.
  • (KV1) 115-volt 3-prong household-style power outlet is now included and only available with (PCU) Advanced Audio Package.

-----------------

So does the Aura continue to have the panoramic sunroof or not? A more complete model year change guide for the Aura I saw indicated that the panoramic roof was being dropped here as well.

Also, does anyone else find the "extra cost paint" kick to be getting a little old? Paying extra just to get *black*? Give me a break.

Edited by PrimeGTP

There also seems to be some confusion as to whether or not you can order an Aura with a 2.4L Ecotec that is not a hybrid?

Anymore info on that as well?

According to dealer guides as well as folks I spoked to up in Detroit, the only way to get a 4cyl Aura is with the hybrid powertrain.

Also, does anyone else find the "extra cost paint" kick to be getting a little old? Paying extra just to get *black*? Give me a break.

I do. Don't think too many people are going to pay $200 more for a different shade of red or black. I think they dropped this for 08 on the Impala and now it turns up again on the Aura. But they did need to drop that Berry Red that only Saturn has been using for the last 10 + years.

So does the Aura continue to have the panoramic sunroof or not? A more complete model year change guide for the Aura I saw indicated that the panoramic roof was being dropped here as well.

i thought i heard panoramic sunroof was G6 exclusive now.