500 Classic Chevy's found in Nebraska up for Sale!

David

Ultimate barn finds are far and few between but then you have those really strange ones that show up and shock people. A chevy dealer for five decades who retired in 1996 has decided it is time to sell his collection.

1958 Chevy Pickup with 1.3 miels

1964 Impala with 4 miles

1978 Corvette Indy Pac Car edition with 4 miles

1963 Corvair Monda Coupe with 13 miles

1960 Corvair Monda 4dr sedan with 1.7 miles

1977 Chevy Vega Hatchback Wagon with 1 mile

1986 Cavalier 4dr sedan with 24 miles

1990 Chevy Lumina Van with .9 miles

Inventory List

Inventory.pdf

Plus tons of parts, signs, documents, etc.

The auto's are being auctioned off due to the land being developed.

This story hit news today

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/nearly-500-classic-chevy-found-nebraska-181608803.html

Yet the original story was back in June of this year and never really seemed to gather any attention.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/scores-chevys-hidden-50-years-finally-sale-160911547.html

slideshowlambrecht-copy.jpg

http://autos.yahoo.com/photos/the-survivors-cars-of-the-lambrecht-collection-slideshow/

Auction to take place Sept 28th & 29th.

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=135&allimages=NO

Still pertinent news if one wanted to attend the auction, tho.

Posting of this old new and nary a word on the first reviews of the CTS?

Anyone with any real intent on bidding is well aware of this event with the coverage it already has had.

Edited by hyperv6
  • Disagree 1

Anyone with any real intent on bidding is well aware of this event with the coverage it already has had.

Hyper there is still plenty of us that want to dream though we cannot afford to bid and buy. :P

Hyper there is still plenty of us that want to dream though we cannot afford to bid and buy. :P

Dream all you like and that is fine but this was all over the place back in May or June. Most of us have dreamed it out long ago. Hell I had non car people e mail me this one back then as it was on every web news site

My point is this place used to be cutting edge GM news and now it is mostly old press releases from GM which is ok but also old stories like this that should have been posted when even the non car sites posted it. The new CTS road test were coming out Monday and to this point nary a word here. Are we not going to see anything till Christmas for them here? Even Consumer Reports stated the CTS was better in every way but for CUE than the Germans,

Not trying to bust anyone's balls here but this once was the place to get new info on new GM products before anywhere else and now the other sites are taking this web sites lunch and eating !

I hate to say this but those of you that were here years ago can see the change from back in the Flynbrian era to now. The old stories are fine but where is the up to date stuff.

Posting that the story from June never got any attention. Well it did not here but it did on all sorts of web sites with the video the couple made of them pulling the cars out.

Edited by hyperv6

I understand your point you make, until I saw the yahoo story I had clearly missed the original back then as to why I posted it for those that might have missed it.

I think the site does a pretty good job of covering the news but then only a few watching what is going on around the world in the auto industry will miss some things.

Perfect example is your comment on the CTS road tests. That is a first for me to hear as I have not seen anything about them even on any of the major auto news sites.

A barn find is buried treasure and thanks for posting. My brother found an old Chevy Cameo and traveled 200 miles to go back and get it. (He spied it on a trip back to his house). Point I think is to see what is/was out there. I think its interesting to see a Dealer collected some odd balls (corvairs? still "unsafe at any speed"). Not to get into the middle of this, but I enjoy the threads that spark conversation.