The Dodge Dart will be going away sometime in the near future and to prepare for this, Dodge has revamped the lineup to help dealers move them out. For the rest of the 2016 model year, the Dart will only be available in the SXT Sport, Dart Turbo, and Dart GT Sport.
- SXT Sport: This is the new base model in the Dart lineup with a base price of $18,990 with destination. Power comes from a 2.0L Tigershark four-cylinder with 160 horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed manual or automatic are available. Standard equipment includes remote keyless entry, UConnect voice command with Bluetooth, four-speaker audio system, satellite radio, cruise control, and 16-inch alloy wheels
- Dart Turbo: Positioned as the sporty version, this Dart comes with the 1.4L turbo-four with 160 horsepower and 184 pound-feet, and six-speed manual. A sport appearance hood, dual exhaust tips, and the Rallye Appearance package are standard. Base price for the turbo starts at $20,490.
- Dart GT Sport: Sitting as the top model in the Dart lineup, the GT Sport gets a 2.4L Tigershark four-cylinder with 184 horsepower and 174 pound-feet of torque. There is a choice of a six-speed manual or automatic. It comes with a lot of equipment such as push-button start, digital instrument cluster, a 10-way power driver seat, dual-zone climate control, an 8.4-inch UConnect system, and backup camera.
“We are repositioning the Dart lineup to better align production and dealer inventory with consumer demand and preference. The simplification of Dart models, coupled with the availability of popular Rallye, Blacktop and Chrome appearance packages across more of the line-up, makes it easier for dealers to order and stock vehicles that customers are looking for,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of FCA's Passenger Car Brands in a statement.
Press Release is on Page 2
Dodge Simplifies Dart Lineup, Appealing to Both the Value Conscious Consumer and the Driving Enthusiast
- Dodge simplifies the 2016 Dodge Dart lineup to three models: Dart SXT Sport, Dart Turbo and Dart GT Sport, delivering small-car consumers the content they desire at a lower starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
- Buyer can customize their Dart exterior to stand out in a sea of sameness with the available popular Rallye and Blacktop packages or the all-new Chrome package that offers an upscale look at an affordable price
- The new Dodge Dart SXT Sport is the new entry-level Dart model with a starting U.S. MSRP of $17,995 (all prices exclude destination) and is powered by the 2.0-liter Tigershark four-cylinder engine
- The new 2016 Dart SXT Sport delivers the features small-car customers want as standard equipment, including remote keyless entry Uconnect voice command with Bluetooth, Sirius Satellite radio, air conditioning, cruise control, steering wheel audio controls and 16-inch aluminum wheels
- The new Dart Turbo model is powered by the 1.4-liter MultiAir2 Turbo engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission for the customer who wants to ‘save the manuals’ and actively enjoy the drive, all for a starting U.S. MSRP of $19,495. The Dart Turbo model comes standard with a sport appearance hood, integrated dual exhaust and 17-inch Granite Crystal aluminum wheels
- The new Dart GT Sport model is reconfigured to offer the features consumers desire at a starting U.S. MSRP of just $20,995 (excluding destination), a price decrease of $1,100. The Dart GT Sport is powered by the 184-horsepower 2.4-liter Tigershark four-cylinder engine mated to a six-speed manual or an available Powertech six-speed automatic transmission. The popular Dart GT Blacktop package continues as an option.
April 11, 2016 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Dodge is simplifying the 2016 Dart model lineup with three new models packed with the features small-car customers want at a value every consumer will appreciate. The Dart SXT Sport, Dart Turbo and Dart GT Sport will comprise the Dodge Dart lineup for the remainder of the 2016 calendar year. Available Chrome, Rallye and Blacktop appearance packages give drivers the option to have an exterior style that will stand out from the crowd in the small-car segment.
“We are repositioning the Dart lineup to better align production and dealer inventory with consumer demand and preference,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “The simplification of Dart models, coupled with the availability of popular Rallye, Blacktop and Chrome appearance packages across more of the line-up, makes it easier for dealers to order and stock vehicles that customers are looking for.”
Dealers can begin ordering for the repositioned 2016 Dodge Dart this month.
Simplified Dart Lineup continues to deliver small car pricing with mid-size interior space; comfort and unique Dodge design
The 2016 Dodge Dart continues to deliver a distinctive appearance with an athletic, stylish exterior design; a modern, sleek interior design that’s well-crafted with high-quality materials and attention to detail; class-leading safety and security features, including 10 standard air bags; easy-to-use technology including hands-free calling and dynamics engineered for the driver who loves to drive.
The Dart is loaded with more than 60 available safety and security features, which give both drivers and passengers peace of mind. Constructed of 68 percent high-strength steel, among the highest in the industry, the Dodge Dart’s key available safety and security features include 10 standard air bags, four-wheel anti-lock brakes standard on every model, electronic stability control, electronic roll mitigation, all-speed traction control, ParkView rear backup camera, Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection, ParkSense rear park assist with dynamic grid lines, LATCH anchors, which allow a child seat to be placed in any of the three rear seat positions, and much more.
2016 Dodge Dart SXT Sport
The Dart SXT Sport has a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $17,995 (all prices exclude destination), which is $1,400 less than the current SXT model, and is powered by the 2.0L Tigershark MultiAir2 engine that produces 160 horsepower and 148 lb.-ft. of torque, mated to a standard six-speed manual transmission or available Powertech six-speed automatic transmission, with an EPA fuel economy rating of up to 29 miles per gallon (mpg) highway. Standard equipment includes: 10 standard air bags, air conditioning, active grille shutters, Uconnect Bluetooth hands-free calling, SiriusXM satellite radio with one-year free subscription, electric power steering, electronic brake assist, electronic stability control, Hill-Start Assist (HSA) all-speed traction control, electronic roll mitigation, four-wheel anti-lock power disc brakes, black Sedoso cloth seats with mesh inserts, six-way manual adjust driver and front passenger seat, driver seat height adjuster, front-seat active headrests, three rear-seat head restraints, sun visors with vanity mirrors, floor console with covered storage, Uconnect AM/FM/CD, four speakers, remote USB port, audio input jack for mobile devices, satin silver shift knob, two front cup holders, power windows with driver one-touch, solar control glass, Sentry Key theft-deterrent system, standard instrument cluster with tachometer, dual-note electric horns, outside temperature display in odometer, front courtesy map lamps, headlamp off-time delay, bi-function halogen projector head lamp, LED corner tail lamp, body-color crosshair grille with body-color surround, chrome headlamp bezels, tilt and telescopic steering column, and 16-inch aluminum wheels.
2016 Dodge Dart Turbo
With a starting U.S. MSRP of $19,495, the new Dodge Dart Turbo model is the vehicle for consumers who are passionate about the driving experience and are proud to “save the manuals.” Powered by the 1.4-liter turbocharged I-4 engine and mated to a six-speed manual transmission, the Dart Turbo model delivers 160 horsepower and 184 lb.-ft. of torque, offers an enthusiastic driving experience and exceptional fuel economy with an EPA highway rating of 41 mpg. Standard equipment includes a sport appearance hood, integrated dual exhaust and Rallye Appearance, which includes black headlamp bezels, a black grille surround with black crosshair and 17-inch Granite Crystal aluminum wheels.
2016 Dodge Dart GT Sport
The Dart GT Sport model sports a new, lower starting U.S. MSRP of $20,995, a price decrease of $1,100 from the Dart GT it replaces. Powered by the 2.4-liter, 184-horsepower Tigershark four-cylinder engine mated to the standard six-speed manual transmission or optional Powertech six-speed automatic transmission, the Dart GT model has EPA fuel economy ratings of up to 27 mpg highway. Standard equipment includes the sport appearance hood, performance gear ratios, unique engine calibration, Keyless Enter ’n Go with push-button start, 17-inch Granite Crystal aluminum wheels, integrated dual exhaust with bright tips, black fascia with Hyper Black grille, dark-tinted automatic headlamps, projector fog lamps, power heated exterior mirrors with courtesy lamps and supplemental signals, 10-way power driver seat, Uconnect 8.4 AM/FM/MP3 radio with 8.4-inch touchscreen display, 7-inch full-color reconfigurable digital gauge cluster display, ParkView rear backup camera, dual-zone automatic temperature control, tire-pressure monitoring display and SiriusXM Radio.
Customization from the factory
Drivers who want a vehicle that doesn’t look like every other small car on the road can choose from three packages that offer a style from stealth to sophisticated.
- Chrome package: available on the Dart SXT Sport model, the Chrome package offers an upscale look at an affordable price. The package includes a unique bright grille, bright automatic headlamps, bright door handles, fog lamps and 17-inch polished Silver aluminum wheels
- Rallye package: available on the Dart SXT Sport model, the Rallye package includes a black crosshair grille with black surround, fog lamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, touring suspension, rear stabilizer bar, LED racetrack tail lamps, floor mats and 17-inch Granite Crystal aluminum wheels
- Blacktop package: available on the Dart SXT Sport model, the Blacktop package includes black crosshair grille with black surround, fog lamps with black fog lamp spear and bezel, gloss black exterior mirrors, unique frequency-sensing sport suspension, rear stabilizer bar, LED Racetrack tail lamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, floor mats and 18-inch Gloss Black 10-spoke aluminum wheels
Positioned at the heart of the compact car market, the new 2016 Dart models offer something for every consumer looking for a small car, from stylish transportation they are proud to drive, to the driver who loves the art of driving, to the person who wants a unique style that stands out in the compact car segment, the 2016 Dart has a model to fit the bill.
The 2016 Dodge Dart is available in the following colors: TorRed Pearl Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat, True Blue Pearl Coat, Redline 2 Pearl Coat, Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Pitch Black Clear Coat and Go Mango Pearl Coat.