Jump to content
  • William Maley
    William Maley

    Ford Drops F-150 Raptor's EcoBoost Into the Limited

      450 Horsepower? Oh my.


    Ford is making their high-line F-150 Limited a bit more special for the 2019 model year by dropping in the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 from the Raptor.

    The high-output version of the 3.5 makes 450 horsepower and 510 pound-feet of torque. This makes the F-150 Limited the most powerful light-duty pickup on sale - outgunning the 6.2L V8 found in the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500. The only visual clue to the high-performance motor under the hood is the dual exhaust pipes out back.

    Other changes for the 2019 Limited include a new two-tone leather option and a massaging function for the front seats.

    No word on pricing, but the F-150 Limited goes on sale later in year.

    Source: Ford


    2019 F-150 Limited Gains High-Output EcoBoost V6 Making It The Most Powerful, Advanced And Luxurious F-150 Ever

    • Powerful: Thanks to the addition of a high-output 3.5-liter EcoBoost® V6 engine, the 2019 Ford F-150 Limited is the most powerful light-duty pickup in America
    • Advanced: New F-150 Limited offers a showcase of Ford technologies ranging from optional Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ to standard 360-degree camera system; FordPass™ Connect 4G LTE modem provides Wi-Fi access for up to 10 devices
    • Luxurious: Updated interior incorporating new Camel Back two-tone color also includes heated, ventilated and massaging leather front seats, genuine ash swirl wood trim, premium aluminum-wrapped bezels and tasteful detailing to create a luxurious cabin

    DEARBORN, Mich., July 26, 2018 – For Ford pickup fans who love Raptor power but want a more upscale package, America’s truck leader is delivering with the new 2019 F-150 Limited.

    “F-150 Limited customers create their own success. The truck is their reward,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “They wanted more power, so we combined Raptor’s engine with Limited’s business-class features to deliver Baja fierceness, boardroom style and the grit to tackle tough jobs.”

    Rated at 450 horsepower and 510 lb.-ft. of torque, the new Ford F-150 Limited leads the competition, offering more power than any light-duty pickup on the road. F-150 Limited sports a new dual exhaust system with exhaust tips smoothly integrated into new rear bumper cutouts.

    Only the best
    In addition to improved performance, F-150 Limited’s refined cabin delivers an elegant, purposeful interior that is also Built Ford Tough. Customers are treated to a luxurious cabin that features the best of the best in terms of Ford craftsmanship, material quality and head-turning design.

    “It was important for us to get this interior just right as we continue to raise the bar for premium pickup trucks,” said Aileen Barraza, Ford color and materials manager. “The materials we chose to incorporate are authentic, distinctive and durable.”

    Luxurious materials used throughout include a Miko® suede headliner and leather-topped instrument panel and door panels. “The gradated ash swirl trim is like something you see in a fine instrument,” said Barraza. “Each piece is hand-finished, and a halo around the edges with a heavily polished center really brings out the natural beauty of this wood.”

    New Camel Back two-tone leather is soft to the touch and multicontour front seats feature Active Motion® for lumbar support and a soothing massage to help reduce lower back and leg fatigue. A heated steering wheel and heated and ventilated captain’s chairs provide additional comfort in the front. Each new F-150 Limited includes a laser-etched plaque on the center console armrest bearing its serial number.

    Every aspect of the truck’s interior has been scrutinized down to the smallest detail – even the holes in the microperforated leather are enlarged to improve cooling performance.

    Signature design elements include raised Limited lettering on the hood, polished aluminum 22-inch wheels, unique satin-finish grille and tailgate applique, and satin-finish window trim and door handles. Standard power-deployable running boards, remote start, tailgate release and a twin-panel moonroof helps make the new F-150 Limited a premium choice.

    Technology to enhance
    F-150 Limited customers expect purposeful technology in a premium pickup truck. An integrated trailer brake controller is standard, as is a 360-degree camera with split-view display with dynamic hitch assist to simplify the hitching process. Class-exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ is optional to make maneuvering easier by letting drivers rotate a knob to control its direction, with the truck automatically steering to follow the course selected.

    F-150 Limited’s driver-assist technology works to reduce daily stress. Standard adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality allows drivers to set a cruising speed, and then uses radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead to maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following one down to a complete stop. Standard Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking helps drivers avoid or mitigate collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians. Active park assist to aid in parallel parking, plus a Lane-Keeping System that provides alerts and assistance with lane drift are standard as well.

    F-150 Limited features SYNC® 3 with AppLink™, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility, and a FordPass™ Connect 4G LTE modem that provides Wi-Fi access for up to 10 devices. Audiophiles will appreciate the standard B&O PLAY™ audio system by HARMAN.

    Ford offers a light-duty pickup for every truck customer – from the work-ready Ford F-150 XL to the top-of-the-line Ford F-150 Limited. Look for the 2019 F-150 Limited, the most powerful, advanced and luxurious F-150 ever in dealer showrooms later this year.

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    It is a good idea, and I am sort of surprised they didn't do it earlier.  But a good move to do this because they have the top truck engine, might as well put it in multiple trim levels.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    21 hours ago, riviera74 said:

    Would that trim level be better for driving on the highway, or performing actual truck duties?

    Yes.

    16 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    It is a good idea, and I am sort of surprised they didn't do it earlier.  But a good move to do this because they have the top truck engine, might as well put it in multiple trim levels.

    It's good because not everyone wants a Raptor.  The Raptor is a great truck for off-road (the best one?), but it's pretty awful to drive on highways because of its big bouncy tires. 

    • Agree 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This is to differentiate the Limited not just from Platinum but rivals.

     

    RAM has the best top trim interior. But now that the TRX is eventually on the way, we might see a Hellcat engine in the Laramie Limited too.

     

    and GMC Denali might get an engine upgrade as long as Cadillac Escalade get the DOHC V8.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    4 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    Yes.

    It's good because not everyone wants a Raptor.  The Raptor is a great truck for off-road (the best one?), but it's pretty awful to drive on highways because of its big bouncy tires. 

    ;) Some people might like to bounce when they ride! 😛 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Toyota needs to do a full scale redo of the Tundra, ground up redesign, use that massive war chest of cash they have on some R&D for a change.  And then do a Lexus version with the 415 hp turbo V6 and that turbo V8 they have been working on for years because that 5.0 V8 is weak on torque.   With what these trucks go for, I think Lexus could get sales with a luxury truck.  

    • Agree 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    8 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    Toyota needs to do a full scale redo of the Tundra, ground up redesign, use that massive war chest of cash they have on some R&D for a change.  And then do a Lexus version with the 415 hp turbo V6 and that turbo V8 they have been working on for years because that 5.0 V8 is weak on torque.   With what these trucks go for, I think Lexus could get sales with a luxury truck.  

    Would be interesting to see a pickup with the Lexus grille and lots of sharp angles...

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    21 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

    Toyota needs to do a full scale redo of the Tundra, ground up redesign, use that massive war chest of cash they have on some R&D for a change.  And then do a Lexus version with the 415 hp turbo V6 and that turbo V8 they have been working on for years because that 5.0 V8 is weak on torque.   With what these trucks go for, I think Lexus could get sales with a luxury truck.  

    If it wasn't for the GX series, I would think that Lexus would NOT do such a thing.  Besides, why should Lexus stray from their brand identity?  Simply put: a better, more reliable Benz.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, riviera74 said:

    If it wasn't for the GX series, I would think that Lexus would NOT do such a thing.  Besides, why should Lexus stray from their brand identity?  Simply put: a better, more reliable Benz.

    Better than Benz, hahahahaha.  And that is why the IS and GS sales are in the gutter and possibly getting killed and the LS and LC combined are outsold 4-1 by the S-class.  And Lexus makes zero 500 hp cars and Mercedes makes 25.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    12 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

    Would be interesting to see a pickup with the Lexus grille and lots of sharp angles...

    Ugh, that ugly predator mouth on a pickup. 🤔

    It actually might just work for them. :P 

    9 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    Better than Benz, hahahahaha.  And that is why the IS and GS sales are in the gutter and possibly getting killed and the LS and LC combined are outsold 4-1 by the S-class.  And Lexus makes zero 500 hp cars and Mercedes makes 25.

    Lexus buyers do not care about how many or the lack of a 500hp auto. They just do not care about anything of what the badge snobs would buy for. They are just a wealthier class of blah Toyota buyers.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, dfelt said:

    Lexus buyers do not care about how many or the lack of a 500hp auto. They just do not care about anything of what the badge snobs would buy for. They are just a wealthier class of blah Toyota buyers.

    Right, which is why Lexus is outsold by Mercedes, BMW and Audi worldwide.  They attract older Toyota buyers who will be there for 2 car purchases before moving on.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    Right, which is why Lexus is outsold by Mercedes, BMW and Audi worldwide.  They attract older Toyota buyers who will be there for 2 car purchases before moving on.

    If by "moving on", you mean 'dying' - MB has the same buyer age as CHRYSLER, and is within 2 years of lexus.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    7 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    Right, which is why Lexus is outsold by Mercedes, BMW and Audi worldwide.  They attract older Toyota buyers who will be there for 2 car purchases before moving on.

    Lexus wasn't even a thing except as a way to convince Americans that they were better than their neighbors if they paid more to buy and ES250 instead of a Camry.  In other markets they were still sold as Toyotas.  We have an article coming by @Anthony Fongaro that discusses things like the Toyota Celsior... or the Lexus LS400 to you. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

    Lexus wasn't even a thing except as a way to convince Americans that they were better than their neighbors if they paid more to buy and ES250 instead of a Camry.  In other markets they were still sold as Toyotas.  We have an article coming by @Anthony Fongaro that discusses things like the Toyota Celsior... or the Lexus LS400 to you. 

    To that degree the most expensive Toyota is the Crown, that costs more than a Lexus LS.  

    But for this discussion, Toyota knows how to make off roaders like the Land Cruiser, they know how to make a Lexus or Crown luxury car, a luxury truck seems like they should be able to pull that off easily. 

    Ford is the pioneer in pickups as of late, but others will combine these luxury trims with more power, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Silverado with a Corvette Z06 engine for $95,000 because they’ll find 1,000 people a year to buy it.  

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    11 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    To that degree the most expensive Toyota is the Crown, that costs more than a Lexus LS.  

    But for this discussion, Toyota knows how to make off roaders like the Land Cruiser, they know how to make a Lexus or Crown luxury car, a luxury truck seems like they should be able to pull that off easily. 

    Ford is the pioneer in pickups as of late, but others will combine these luxury trims with more power, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Silverado with a Corvette Z06 engine for $95,000 because they’ll find 1,000 people a year to buy it.  

    2

    And it is just about the least amount of R&D ever spent on adding an engine to an existing platform.

    It'll probably go into Escalade and Denali first though. 

    • Agree 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    12 hours ago, smk4565 said:

    I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Silverado with a Corvette Z06 engine for $95,000 because they’ll find 1,000 people a year to buy it.  

    That'd probably be over $50 million in profit alone if they did, so; an excellent business case.

    • Agree 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites



    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...