This week, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles held a private meeting with a small number of Jeep dealers to talk about the next-generation Wrangler. The folks at JL Wrangler Forums were able to get some information about what was talked about at the meeting thanks to an anonymous source.
Jeep is planning to debut the 2018 Wrangler at the LA Auto Show towards the end of November. Surprisingly, dealers are expected to have production models sitting on their lots a month later.
Other details from this report include,
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 will have the option of automatic and manual
- 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder (Codenamed Hurricane) will only have an automatic transmission
- Diesel option will not be arriving until the end of 2019 model year
- A power-sliding hardtop will become available in late 2018
- Unlimited models will come with a longer wheelbase than the outgoing model, meaning more rear legroom
Source: JL Wrangler Forums