After two years and countless number of concepts, Toyota will show off the production version of the FT-86 sports car. Toyota's UK office released pictures and some tidbits about the vehicle. In Europe, the coupe will be called GT 86.
Here's the specs of the GT 86:
- 2.0L boxer with D4-S injection (direct and port injected)
- 197 hp @ 7,000 rpm and 151 lb-ft (205 Nm) @6,600 rpm
- 6-speed manual or automatic transmissions
- 17-inch wheel/tire package standard
- 4,240mm (167 in.) long, 1285mm (50.6 in.) high, 2,570mm (101 in.) wide
- 53:47 front-to-rear weight distribution
- 475mm (18.7 in.) center of gravity
Inside the GT 86 is a three-gauge cluster with a larger tachometer, carbon fiber styled trim, an all black roof, red stitching, aluminum pedals, and “aviation-style” switches.
The GT 86 will go on sale in Europe next June.
We'll learn more about the Toyota GT 86 or FT-86 next week at Tokyo Motor Show.