Who visits C&G?

ocnblu

The new issue of Motor Trend has an illustration and an article about a possible V6 powered Chevrolet Kappa sports car, called... Stingray. OK, it wasn't too many months ago that I was harping for the same thing, right here on C&G (except for the V6 part).

Check it out if you get a chance!

Didn't Popular Mechanics have a story and drawing last spring on this very topic??? I still see no use of Chevy with a Kappa roadster offering unless Pontiac goes away. It would only steal sales from a V6 Camaro convert and be limited in sales. How many 2 seaters can one company sell in the US market?? The Fiero died in it's first year when they sold 140,000 cars even before any of the other problems started. Lets face it even Mazda over the life of the Miata has only averaged 18,000 cars a year. They limit their market to keep up demand.

The miata has had changes since 1989? :huh: LOL In a perfect word POntiac would have a Firebird/TA, GTO and a Solstice... Chevy is a volume brand and hell if they can make a retro roadster closer to the '53 Vette formula than the exotic C6 then why not? This is how to get people's attention!

I'd much rather see an El Camino on a streched Kappa. I think that the only thing that makes a streched Kappa too expensive is engineering the rear seat into it, so I think it wouldn't cost much of anything to just lengthen it. Plus, we know Kappa can house a V8, and it'd handle on rails.

In a perfect word POntiac would have a Firebird/TA, GTO and a Solstice...

[post="65062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sixty8... I must condem you to hell for that one. :D You forgot... Fiero, compact RWD Grand Am, midsize RWD Grand Prix, fullsize RWD Bonneville, and what the hell... an exotic Banshee! :lol: :P

Anyways, I agree with Hyper...

I don't know how much limiting mazda does; weren't first year sales on the order of 90K units?? Didn't the miata go many years with no changes, too?

[post="64847"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If I recall Mazda may have made 90,000 world wide but has never imported much more than 30,000 to the state in its best year. Take all the years combined and it averages around 18,000 a year for all years it has been imported.

The MR2 If I recall never was imported in numbers over 20,000.

A 2 seater car is a car everyone would like to have but only a few can afford and or live with it. It is a limited market as only so many will buy it. It is not like a sedan that erveryone may not want but everyone can live with it.

The Vette is one of the few 2 seaters that sells in higher numbers but it also has had many lean years too.

Pontiac and Sky will cover the low price market well for GM. Chevy needs another 2 seater like a hole in the head. Chevy will do well with a new Camaro and they need a Civc and Accord killer price to combate the low priced Koreans!

Right now the new 08 Malibu to be right is a must.

Now if you want to build the Vette on the Kappa with a V8!!!! 2800 pounds and 600 HP at $50,000 could be a lot of fun!!!