'06 Impala SS interior question

I need a Chevrolet dealer or someone else associated with the Impala ordering program to answer this question.

I found an '06 Impala SS that I wanted to buy this weekend, during the zero percent financing program.

It had the white exterior that I want, and the neutral leather interior with the woodgrain dash inserts, but it also had an ebony (black) dash top, steering column and steering wheel, and upper door panels.

Shouldn't the neutral Impala SS interior have the slightly darker tan color on the upper dash, steering column and wheel, and tops of the door panels?

I have never seen this ebony and neutral combo before; the LTZ and lower Impala models all have the two-tone neutral and tan colors.

Is this neutral/ebony color combination specific to the SS, or is this particular car just an oddity??

Is this how it looked? I took these pics at the Texas State Fair autoshow... the combo sounded familiar...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Between what you said and my pics, I think it's normal. I personally like it the best. It looks balanced with the black center-stack controls and black window controls.

Is this how it looked? I took these pics at the Texas State Fair autoshow... the combo sounded familiar...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Between what you said and my pics, I think it's normal. I personally like it the best. It looks balanced with the black center-stack controls and black window controls.

Yes, thanks so much --- this is exactly what the car looked like --- now i just have to decide if I like this combo enough to buy it.

Edited by 62impala

Can you get the neutral color pictured above with the techno steel trim instead of the wood? I have never seen those two together but when I build my own Impala on the Impala web page it allows me to choose that combo.

Yes you can get the aluminum trim in an SS with the neutral interior -- Ive seen it several times.

Actually, the aluminum trim comes standard with an Impala SS --- you have to order the woodgrain panels as a no-cost option if you want them. To be honest with you, tho, the aluminum trim looks a lot better on the gray or black dashes than it does on the neutral.

I think that the woodgrain option on the Impala dash looks pretty good, actually; sure, it's plastic, but it's the best looking fake wood I've seen in any car in quite some time... It looks great on all Impala interior colors, but best on neutral and all-black dashes. The "techno-steel" or whatever it's called, looks good on the black dash too...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think that looks MUCH better with the ebony/beige contrast. Makes the interior look more expensive.

Buick does the same thing with the LaCrosse.

On CX and CXL models, the dash and door panel tops are the darker taupe....whereas if you get beige in the CXS, the dash and door panel tops are ebony.

Yes you can get the aluminum trim in an SS with the neutral interior -- Ive seen it several times.

Actually, the aluminum trim comes standard with an Impala SS --- you have to order the woodgrain panels as a no-cost option if you want them.  To be honest with you, tho, the aluminum trim looks a lot better on the gray or black dashes than it does on the neutral.

Thanks but I forgot to mention I wanted to know about non SS models but if you've seen it on SS models than it probaly comes on the others too. I figuered it would look better with the gray or black. The nuetral makes the interior look richer than the other 2 colors in my opinion.

The SS looks more like carbon fibre, but you can get the brushed metal on any of the models. I've seen some pretty odd combinations because managers didn't know they could order whatever they wanted, as with the 5 passenger versus 6 passenger configuaration.

IMO, the fake wood is awful. The brushed metal is cleaner. And above all else, the graphite interior will age much better than either the tan or light grey. We've started selling a lot more Impalas once we realized this. Many people thought the lighter colors (especially on the base cars) looked cheap and wouldn't buy the Impala because of it.

Even the Malibu suffers from this. The light interiors are FUGLY. The public reacts much better to the richer, darker interior.

Sorry, but as far as I know, the techno-metal-whatever panels are specific to the SS only --- all other Impala models get the woodgrain inserts.

Nah.....I had an Impala LTZ rental in Las Vegas with ebony interior and it had the metallic accents......

Very nice interior. Now if GM could give it a more macho exterior like the 96 SS, this car would have been a great hit. I wonder why the speedometer only goes up to 140 when the top speed is 150 + mph. I think a 160 mph speedometer is needed for the SS. Hopefully the shortcomings of this car will be addressed with the next generation. And PLEASE GM NO MORE FWD V8.

I sat in one the day before yesterday and I have to admit its a really comfortable car and looks really good. The interior was similar to the one shown in the picture. I like the way it all kinda blended and meshed together. The sales guy I was working with offered for me to take it for a drive, but I politely told him that if I did, there would be no rubber left on the tires and I'd probably get myself a ticket and make him $h! his pants. Besides, I was only looking anyway. I also definitely agree to the exterior of the car, it looks kinda blah...