2006 Honda Civic (Europe):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2006 Honda Accord (Europe):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I was thinking the same thing....I like those tailights better on the new Civic. That Accord is the Acura TSX here. I like it better than the American Accord.

I think the real big differance is the U.S bumper standards, that accord wagon has such a flat rear end. . . actually makes it look goofy.

The TSX is obviously a better car than the Accord here, and the Civic there looks more inspired!

I wonder if the next Canada only "Acura EL" will get those Euro Civic attributes. Wheels are same awful ones. Edited by frogger

They can't sell that Civic here because it is just an ION Coupe in the front. Looks like the headlights are interchangeable.

I still don't like the Civic design. It still makes me cringe.

From what I know the EL in Canada is not going to be the Civic anymore.. it is going to change into a 4 door RSX and be available in the US!
http://www.canadiandriver.com/discus/messa...html?1125524599

[post="12160"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That is very interesting news regarding the Acura EL....talk about rebadging a car. It was always nothing more than a Civic with a leather option and different tailights. GM gets the gears about rebadging...take a look at this one. Honda is very guilty.

Posted Image

HAHAHAHA. That's even worse than the Cobalt/Persuit rebadge...Acura's a luxury manufacturer selling a Civic! That would be like Cadillac rebadging a Cobalt!

HAHAHAHA.  That's even worse than the Cobalt/Persuit rebadge...Acura's a luxury manufacturer selling a Civic!  That would be like Cadillac rebadging a Cobalt!

[post="12295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly the same! But when GM does it, oh, the outrage, the scandal.....when other's do it, hardly a mention of it.

Exactly the same!  But when GM does it, oh, the outrage, the scandal.....when other's do it, hardly a mention of it.

[post="12299"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I never knew about the Acura Civic thing until a few hours ago so I couldn't comment on it. Another thing is that it isn't sold in the U.S. so it's not really that big a deal to us American GM fans.

At least Honda didn't spread the Civic around to 4 nameplates, even though it only has 2...but you still get my point.

The EL probably exists here because Canadians do tend to buy compact cars like crazy/more than midsize and Honda only has the one really. RSX style 4 door, hmmm that could be pretty slick or nasty.

I think Quebec customers buy a lot of compacts. As you move further to the rich west, preferences go more for cars and trucks that are bigger and more upscale.

Hey, their Civic looks way better than ours!

[post="11945"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

We're getting this Euro Civic in Canada as the new EL

We're getting this Euro Civic in Canada as the new EL

[post="14278"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was hearing differently... we'll just have to see on this one!

That's interesting news about the Acura EL using the Euro model. Makes sense. It's a bit different from the N. American Civic...they won't have to do cosmetic changes just for this market. Edited by HarleyEarl

The Civic does look better in the Euro-spec, but it's still not great. I just noticed how HUGE those mirrors are on the Civic pictured; they look huge at least.