Hyundai hears of GM/Nissan/Renault merger

Link

A Hyundai spokesperson states the company will take "comprehensive countermeasures" after performing its own research on the impact of a GM/Renault/Nissan alliance.

Mitsubishi Motors is considered by analysts the most likely partner for Hyundai.

Hyundai is crazy if they are thinging of joint qith a lame duck like that. I do think however that Hyundai is who GM should be trying to join with. The Azera is such a nice looking car and they have such good qaulity now that Toyota is scared of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to see Hyundai obtain the assets to Jaguar, and take it off Fords hands. From this, Hyundai would have access to Jaguar's nationwide dealer network, and when the time comes for Hyundai's luxury brand to debut, they can be sold through the Jaguar dealerships. This would save Hyundai alot of money from not having to establish an entirely new dealer network, and can help create the luxury brand even faster. I'm also sure that Hyundai can help Jaguar build better cars as well.

I would like to see Hyundai obtain the assets to Jaguar, and take it off Fords hands.  From this, Hyundai would have access to Jaguar's nationwide dealer network, and when the time comes for Hyundai's luxury brand to debut, they can be sold through the Jaguar dealerships.  This would save Hyundai alot of money from not having to establish an entirely new dealer network, and can help create the luxury brand even faster.  I'm also sure that Hyundai can help Jaguar build better cars as well.

179024[/snapback]

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Hyundai already has a larger dealer network than Jag. They'd have to just to move the number of Sonatas and Accents they do.

No. Hyundai doesn't have the technology <yet> to take over Jag. The reason their cars get the crash ratings they do is because they simply throw iron at them. No advanced technology going on there. Witness the Kia Amanti that outweighs a DTS!