*Heated driver and front passengers available with cloth

*New cluster graphics with red pointer gauges

*Steering wheel and tri-shield emblem

*Tire Pressure Monitoring System standard on all trim levels

*17-inch, 10-spoke flangeless chrome tech wheels available on CXL model only

*Two new wheels on CXS model:

*17-inch, 12-spoke chromed aluminum wheels

*17-inch, 12-spoke flangeless painted wheels

*Exterior colors: Midnight Blue Metallic, Stone Gray Metallic, Midnight Amethyst Metallic, Red Jewel Tintcoat

Click for More Buick LaCrosse Info @ GM Media

--------------------------------------------------------------

2007 Buick Lucerne

Posted Image

New for 2007

*OnStar Directions & Connections with OnStar Turn-by-Turn navigation

*Heated and leather-wrapped steering wheel

*Touchscreen navigation system

*Interior colors: Cocoa/Cashmere, Cocoa/Shale

*Exterior colors: Light Quartz Metallic, Gold Mist Metallic

*Chrome grille now optional on CXL and CXS

Click for More Buick Lucerne Info @ GM Media

2007 Buick Rainier

Posted Image

New for 2007

*OnStar Directions & Connections with Turn-by-Turn navigation

*Tire pressure monitoring system standard on all models

*Two exterior colors: Midnight Blue Metallic, Graphite Metallic

*Regulated Voltage Control

Click for More Buick Rainier Info @ GM Media

2007 Buick Rendezvous

Posted Image

New for 2007

*OnStar one-year Directions & Connections Plan with Turn-by-Turn Navigation

*Four-wheel antilock, four-wheel disc brakes standard on all models

*More options for base CX model

*Driver Information Center available

Click for More Buick Rendezvous Info @ GM Media

2007 Buick Terraza

Posted Image

New for 2007

*OnStar one-year Directions & Connections Plan with Turn-by-Turn Navigation

*240 horsepower (179 kW)* 3.9L V-6 standard on all models

*Redesigned 17-inch, 8-spoke aluminum wheels

*Exterior colors: Light Quartz Metallic, Polar Blue Metallic, Gold Mist Metallic

*FlexFuel E85 version

Click for More Buick Terraza Info @ GM Media

2007 Buick Accesories

Posted Image

18" chrome wheels - Lucerne

Posted Image

Burled Walnut-trimmed steering wheel - Lucerne

Posted Image

One-piece spoiler - LaCrosse

Posted Image

Integrated rear seat entertainment system - Rainier

*Cloth seat fabric on CX – gray and neutral

why do I shudder when I read this ? Must be the memory of all the peeks inside of recent Buicks that did not have leather. Just exactly what is "cloth" Isnt that something they make womans dainty clothing out of ? Hardly suitable for dayly wear and tear never mind the appearence inside of a car. Then the colors should just be listed as "dull and babypoop" or how about "grim and diaperstain"

tire pressure monitoring system must be the gimmick to end all gimmicks.........we all know how often we need to check and add air to our tires :duh: Id hate to be out of touch with that for more than 30 seconds

heated steering wheel - now theres something 10% of NAmerican can use 10% of the time, kinda like the heated washer fluid....how did we ever survive ?

TV screen - Arg ! we wouldnt want the kiddies to go more than the time it takes to walk from the house to the car without being able to sit infront of a screen now would we ? I though the great American hiway was the reason for Americas love of the automobile..............just stare straight ahead into the wittle screen my brain washed wittle darlings

Flexfuel - Isnt going to sell cars when price and mileage is not improveing. They need to stop thinking they can negate the effect of Toyota and Honda having hybrids to market with excellent urban mileage by convinceing us we are doing the world a favor burning poor mileage heavily inflated corn.........just because

I do like the two wheels shown for factory wheels

I want substance not gimmicks. It seems like GM is trying to implode Buick, starving it for substance and making it a truck division, where the small upscale car ? Why are they letting product grow stale ? Lacrosse is on its 3rd year, still the same, Rondy is on its ? 5th ? Im sure all these new added features will see great sales gains for Buick next year :stupid:

*Cloth seat fabric on CX – gray and neutral

why do I shudder when I read this ? Must be the memory of all the peeks inside of recent Buicks that did not have leather. Just exactly what is "cloth" Isnt that something they make womans dainty clothing out of ? Hardly suitable for dayly wear and tear never mind the appearence inside of a car. Then the colors should just be listed as "dull and babypoop" or how about "grim and diaperstain"

tire pressure monitoring system must be the gimmick to end all gimmicks.........we all know how often we need to check and add air to our tires  :duh: Id hate to be out of touch with that for more than 30 seconds

TV screen - Arg ! we wouldnt want the kiddies to go more than the time it takes to walk from the house to the car without being able to sit infront of a screen now would we ? I though the great American hiway was the reason for Americas love of the automobile..............just stare straight ahead into the wittle screen my brain washed wittle darlings

175247[/snapback]

Well, my response:

Cloth--they're improving the cloth so it doesn't look nor feel so cheap. That's a good thing.

Tire Pressure Monitoring... uh, listen, until you've been 17 years old and working at a CVS in a blizzard, and have a woman come in to ask if someone could change her Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited's tire, when there isn't anymore tire, but a shredded wheel because she didn't notice the loud thumping because she thought that was "just the four wheel drive engaging", don't call it just a gimmick. Some people have NO clue what's going on with their car. They just don't care enough to learn nor pay attention.

As for the TV screen? Well, being that I've recently been babysitting for my goddaughter and her 6-week-old sister, and I was driving them around a few places, I can't tell you HOW much I would love to just put the tv on for them in the back seat.

When they're teething and have a sore mouth with a dull fever from cutting a tooth, they just had their shots because they're 18 months old, they are hungry, they need a change, and you just need to get to your destination with as few interruptions as possible, and would like to concentrate on the road as much as possible rather than reaching back and trying to entertain the little ones so they are not screaming so loud you could never hear an ambulance drive by, that tv might just help. At home, that's another thing, the tv is limited, and other activities are used. But my God, that tv, just for that reason, would be incredible to have!

It also might be that I'm not a parent, and I just don't know all the tricks (and that the last thing she saw was mommy getting into a Prius and driving away (I've been telling her Jap cars bad, Domestics good, since she was in the womb LOL)

----------

Heated steering wheel? Well, when it's that cold out, I wear gloves. It's an option I'd just never use.

I want 18's on the LaCrosse CXS. That's my beef. And no more wheel covers on the CX.

I read somewhere recently (maybe on Buick's website?) that the benefits of the heated windshield washer fluid aren't limited to winter usage only. It stated that the heated fluid would also help clean the bugs and road grime off the windshield better in the summers months. I try not to use my washer fluid in the summer b/c all it does is smear the dead bugs all over the windshield!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Razor,

The whole deal with things like artiulating headrests is that - again - my car, which predates the Lucerne by over a decade and is a "lower" Oldsmobile, has them.

I'm also proud of our 2000 Bonneville having a feature some Lexus cars are just now getting - tire pressure monitoring. Our Bonnie also has air shocks for the load-leveling suspension in the rear. Is this just "another gimmick?" Look at a Maxima with one person in the back to see how woeful a car can appear without them.

"Wow! I wish my car would do that!" That's what a woman at Target said to me after I helped inflate two of the tires on her ES330 with the air compressor hookup in our Bonnie. Again, another one of those "gimmicks," right?

Paulie - was the baby in the back looking at you in the rearview when it began cryin............................. :)

Seriously we were lucky in that department, now shes a teenage and making up for lost time.............not really

I realy dont see the tire monitoring thing, I havent had a flat in over 10 years and I cant think of how many miles that is. The flat I had was a piece of shale in my truck tire and it was imeadiate. I rarely need to add air, I guess I check about twice a year. I really do believe this kind of stuff is gimmicky and TV screens have no place in automobiles. I would be more interested in a phone jack that goes into the sound system and is totally hands free except for a button to answer and hangup. This would take care of an already started bad driving habit. Then making TV screens illegal would bite the next one in the bud. Yea Im a prick but I take driving and the road seriously, it seems insurance companies do to but yet this stuff and blinding headlights somehow made it to market.

I have the self leveling in the 90 Regency and the 97 LSS and so did the 86 Riviera for that matter, I almost forgot the 89 NewYorker did too but it went south and was bypassed for standard struts. I believe the Regency is headed there now too.

Dont use the word Maxima in the same paragraph with Oldsmobiles and Buicks and Pontiacs...................., another law that needs to go in effect............. :) Just not in the same league, none of our Americna built luxury cars did the tail drag even without the air. I guess its nice but the price per strut is painful and in the North we have problems with the rest of the system surviving the salt. LSS is still working at 123,000 miles and 9 years so I guess thats not too bad. the Regency was still working at 320,000 or so but I think its gave it up and I put FE3 springs in it anyhow so it pretty much became ineffective after that.

auxilary air hook up - I put that in my big trucks that have air brakes, no not a gimmick a usefull tool for industrial purposes.

Im not sure what articulating headrest do or what the need for them is but Im sure these is other items I would rather see money spent on than headrests, tire monitoring,TV screens, heated steering wheels and washer fluid. All items that add weight to our rapidly gaining wastline. Id rather have carbon fiber hoods & fenders, improved tec engines, higher quality materials and that kind of stuff. Thats why I say substance not gimmick. FOr example - Could the money spent on tire monitoring and heated wheels put quality leather in all cars ? If so this is the dirrection I would chose. Lose of 3-400 lbs would do wonders for gas milage not to mention weight distribution, instead we just keep pileing the load on the cars.

* I had heated handles on one of my chainsaws 15 years ago but then I worked out in temps up to 26 below with no chance of "the car warming up". Somehow the thought never occured to me that I needed that option on my truck steering wheel............I guess that way you dont need to turn the heat on?............. :P

RAZOREDGE:Dude, Who got your panties in a bunch? Your brainless attempt to bash a brand you apparently know little about in a market you obviously don't keep up with is all too transparent :unsure: Buick, and more importantly GM, seem to have gotten serious about making inovations inside the car again. Something I conceede they may have gotten away from in the 90's. :banghead:

Now you gripe about the TV screens in the headrest. Ummmm. Sorry to bust your bubble, but buick is actually a bit late with this. Further, this is just another amenity that luxury intenders-- the target market for the brand-- will use in distinguishing which vehicle they buy and which stays on the lot. :scratchchin:

Next you dimissed the heated steering wheel and washer fluid as useless. You obviously didn't grow up in the Midwest(as I did), northeast or northwest. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY MORNINGS I ALMOST FROZE MY A-- OFF TRYING TO CHIZEL ICE OFF THE WINDSHIELD??????? How about when your're headed down the road in 20- degree weather and the condensation freezes up on the windshield. Having heated windshield fluid can have the windows cleared up in less than 30 seconds and the increased visibility could save someones life. Same goes for the steering wheel. I don't care what kind of motor you have, when the temp drops below 20, your heat will take at least 5 mins before coming on. Anyone on here who has ever had to use the ends of their coat sleeve to steer the car because the steering wheel was too friggin' cold will definitely appreciate. :AH-HA_wink:

Just for the sake of comparison, lets look at the make that Buick has in its crosshairs, Lexus. Yes critically-acclaimed and publicly sought after, Lexus has become as much a symbol of status as it has of quality. Yet I could make some of the same meaningless Lexus gripes as you have here. For instance on the last gen ES330. Who the hell needs a rear sunshade? You can't use it while driving, and who would just sit in a sun baked car during the summer? hmmm. Or maybe the swiveling headlights, oh my how ever did we turn a curve without them all these years? Wait, I can't forget the adaptive cruise control. So now, instead of pressing the brakes myself when i'm too close to a car, I can wait for the car to do it for me! (GOD forbid it be blinding rain/snow or the system malfunctions by chance) :hissyfit:

Now I brought that up not to pick a bone with any of those features or that brand. Rather I wanted to make a point. When it comes to luxury autos you have to think outside the box. In our tech-savvy society the discerning car shopper wants all the latest gadgetry and a fantastic ride to boot. I for one am happy to see GM(and buick) coming up with such 'thoughtful conveniences'. LONG LIVE THE PREMIUM AMERICAN MOTORCAR :ohyeah:

BTW my 66 year old dad LOVES the diagnostic emails that his Lucerne sends him every month. So much so, he forwards them to me and taunts me that my Regal isn't as 'up to technological snuff' :pbjtime:

Edited by Regalguy01

Whats a "lexus" ?

now that was funny, put your eyes, ears and thinking cap on next time you read a post. Some is my opinion about the direction and values of our socioty as applied to automobiles in this day and age. Cars are too heavy and the Lucerne in no exception. The nearly same exact car with all the luxury and none of the gimmicks weighed only 3300lb way back 20 years ago. Another point is about putting the "tec" in important places which is probably not the ego or "status" (your word). GM is about to be hard core trumped by the hybrids and the best they have to counter is heated washer and steering wheel, ONstar and tire pressure monitoring ? Gas milage is selling cars today and GM is not ready with anything they have not already had for the past 1 and in some instances 2 decades.

Froze your butt off chizling ice ? 5 whole minutes before a car heats up? Oh, my poor little fingies, what ever shall I do................grew up where ? defrosters not working ? warm car up first ? just live with it or move south ? tuffen up ? 20 degree weather, oh a real cold snap, me "brainless" ?

In our "tec savvy socioty" why are we still thinking inside the box by overloading the truck before we put the pay load in it ? In our safety, environmental, and politically correct socioty why are we putting distracting TV screens and blinding headlights on our cars? Didnt we just ban cell phones so now we move on to TV screens :stupid: Energy crisis and we are heating washer fluid, steering wheels and seats, pileing the pounds on the cars, instead of being "savvy" and figureing out how to lighten the phat pigs up. Outside the box alright................with nothin but tunnel vision.

These new features for 07 really dont amount to much, nothing substancial just a few gimmicks. Im afraid they will not blind the "tec savvy" away from the hype Toyota and Honda have going with the word "hybrid"

Fly, Canon, Paulino and other regular members, please forgive this post....

Razor edge. Dude, I will ask again. ARE YOU A f@#kING IDIOT OR WHAT. No one here gives a rats ass about YOUR take on American values and direction. If you want to get mushy on us, go to the LIFETIME site or write your damn congressman. THIS discussion is about CARS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Before you attempt to make fun of me, do your damn homework. Lexus is indeed spelled that way. I am looking at my wifes' car statement to be sure. But I guess I shouldn't point out that your STUPID ass mispelled society in your post you damn fool.

At any rate, I do apoligize to all that will read this and my previous post. For you see, I thought you were an idiot from reading some of your posts in the other topics, but only now do I know this to be the gospel. You have not addressed any issue that I have raised objectively. Rather, you have effectively called me a punk by saying that 20 degree weather isn't cold. Well, to that I say this: IT IS f@#kING COLD. Until you experience the winds of the great lakes blowing between your coat and your boxers, you cant tell me a damn thing about being cold. And don't fault GM for recognizing that fact and coming up with something that works to further raise the desirability of its autos by coming up with innovative features.

Next, you feeble minded fool, you tout this 'hybrid craze' as something that GM is ignoring. This technology is still somewhat in its infancy. Parts and procedures are foreign to many auto technicians and servicemen alike. Do you know what it costs to work on a Hybrid vehicle that has front end damage? I do, its a facet of what I do for a living. Let me tell you, you pay for that technology when it needs to be serviced. Yet a known engine, like the 3800, 3100, ecotec, etc; hell there's nary a problem that ANY serviceman can't diagnose and remedy for a pittance of what some sophisticated engines might cost.

So let me close by saying this, if I haven't already, quit raggin on something you obviously are too shallow to appreciate. Gm's launch vehicles are doing fantastic. You sir, just don't seem to have a legitimate bone to pick. And while I can't keep you from replying to this post, don't expect me to acknowledge you any more from this post on. I learned at a very young age not to argue with FOOLS. The other intelligent people on here may mistake me as being as anal and uninformed as you. :lol2:

Buick surely has to be the dissapointment king of 2007! No hp increases save the minivan which already had the 3900 as an option anyways. No new engines. Less engines in fact as the 3.6 is dropped from the Rendevous. No AWD on the minivans making them even more worthless. The Ranier should surely be gone by now. The LaCrosse desperatly needs a facelift and more 3.6 hp like in most every other new GM product and where in the hell is the 3.6 in the Lucerne? Dropping the blue interior option in the Lucerne was dumb but I do like the new cocoa color and I would trade that silly heated steering wheel for non intrusive trunk hinges, telescoping wheel, better looking base alloy wheels, more than 197 std hp and soft touch plastic dash material. If the cheaper LaCrosse can have 200 hp, nicer dash, telescpoing wheel and non intrusive trunk hinges why can't the more costly Lucerne? 2007 would have been a perfect opportunity to clean up some of these messes but GM seems content to leave Buick on life support to wither!

• 7 months later...

Let's ease up on the personal attacks here, passionate opinion is more powerful without them.

Uh, Camino.. the last personal attack was on August 7th... it's now March 30th?! :huh: