8% US oil production shut down

They say it will take days - that's not THAT bad.  And prices will never come back down?  Seems like I remember last summer when gas prices were at 3.50/gal, and they came back down to 2.70ish for quite a while.

176981[/snapback]

It'll take days to shut it down...not to replace the pipe.

I am fascinated by the report that a 'great deal of corrosion' was found inside the pipeline.

Isn't the pipeline commonly filled with..... oil?

I'm sure there's more to it, as there ususally is, but these things always seem so 'duh!' at first report.

177003[/snapback]

Oil caused the corrosion? I would assume salt in the air (near the Arctic Sea?) could be part of the cause...

Good thing we don't want to build refinaries, right guys? No more nuclear plants, no more drilling, no more anything. We need more subdivisions, though.

177336[/snapback]

Yea, we need to subdivide a certain percentage of our population and send their corroded ass's down the pipeline.

Wasnt that huge hit last summer from 2.39 to 2.99 in less than a week only because of some hurricane ? Damage to refineraries built below sea level ? Thats been one hella hurricane ! No conspiracy Im sure, they do not exist. Record profits ? This oil game does not hurt the well off but its killing the working poor. Self efficiency is protectionism and protectionism is communisim and has no place in our new global world ? So glad we spent the past 5 decades building this oil based, transportation economy ?

I get it.............I really do...............now Im gonna go pound all those antiquated, ignorant, paranoid ideas out of my head...........watch......... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

There Im all better now and will be a good wittle obedient puppet...........watch me dance............. :pbjtime: then when I dont dance I will assume the position required to believe all that I am told.............. :blink:

This country is begining to suck a little bit more every few days.

Here in New England we get F*&$ed on insurance, F*@#ed on

registration/excise/tolls and now we get F#$%ed on gas too.

There's always Canada or Australia though. <_<

Personally I hope gas gets past $4/gallon by next summer.

Two weeks ago some lady was filling up her brand new DTS next to me she looks over and tells me gas prices were ridiculous.

I was like why buy a 4000lb V8 car then?

I'm sure it's 4100lbs w/a sunroof.

Edited by toyoguy