1964 Pontiac Catalina

Cool, a Japanese-market Cat. Check out the sideview mirror location. And (this is super cool) it has TWO radios!

Seriously, it was probably owned by a little old lady who has passed on. It's a gem, Vipes.

Intriquing. I've owned two '64 4-sedans, one a Ventura trim, in addition to my GP. This one is blissfully rust-free and straight. The mirror on the fender is the remote one; non-remotes were on the door. Standard hubcaps (not DeLuxe) and 1-spd wipers (not opposed-blade 2-spds) point to a rather spartan equipment level, but these are great riding & drivling cars.

'blu: I had that comment ('2 radios?') from some kid once. Was it you?

How much? How much? How much? How much? How much?

The 1964 Olds Starfire Ragtop I saw the other day had fender

mounted mirrors with a very intriguing fork style mount.

I love the arrowheads on each seat back, very classy & cool.

The rear window appears to be intechangable with my Super

88's and even the shape of the roof is very similar.

The inboard "radio" is climate control right?

Ah, thats an ulgy RWD 4dr POS............................. :stupid:

It is a ugly 4 dr though, everything about them looks bad because of the greenhouse. I dont care if its an Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac or Jaguar, the old four door cars just never looked good to me. Maybe because thats what grownups drove when I was a kid. There is one of these around here for sale too, It might be a hardtop but its still got that look, I have driven past it everyday for the past 2 + years and never once had the desire to stop and look at it. The same place had a ?66 Impala 2dr fastback that did turn my head..........but...........Chevy........so I never stopped to check that out either. That has been sold for awhile but the Pontiac still sits there.

Someone now has a 67 4dr Fairlane in what appears to be great shape sitting by the road.

Speaking of cars down the road.. guy 2 doors down has his father-in-law's '86 Camaro with a 305 sitting in the road because it needs a new fuel pump. It's been sitting there for a couple weeks now so my dad asked about it and the guy said he'd find out.. my dad might make an offer on it. :)

The rear window appears to be intechangable with my Super 88's and even the shape of the roof is very similar. The inboard "radio" is climate control right?

GM bodies of the same style number (this one a xx69 share the same greenhouses, but the 4-dr hardtops and the 4-dr sedans have different backlights in this era (pre-'65). 'Radio' closer to steering column is heat/vents (A/C is pretty rare in '64 PMDs, but would be in the same spot).