T1GHT WH!P$ TROPHY TRIVIA

In the next few weeks I'm going to post 59 different trivia questions

of all different forms on C&G. Multiple choice, photo identification,

photo match up & even some true or false. Some questions will be

multiple part and others a simple one word answer.

At the end of the 59 individual trivia thread questions all the winners

will be added up and a trophy will be mailed via the USPS to the

over all winner of the first annual Tight Whips Trivia Trophy.

Best of luck to all, I encourage everyone to participate.

--------------------

Score so far:

Fly: 8

Yellow_Dart: 5

WMJ: 3

OldsGuy: 2

Chevelle7.4L: 1

American_Revolution2005: 1

T.W.T.T. Thread #21

Name this car. Give a quick synopsis of this concept.

Posted Image

'55 Biscayne. Family sports sedan. Currently undergoing restoration.

188114[/snapback]

That's the one. I love this concept car.... as you guys all know

I'm a sucker for Hardtops. Suicide doors & hardtop = :wub:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=11576

I'm glad this forum is run by a guy who would

spend $75,000 restoring a 1960s Jaguar with

Lucas electronics but would let a GM concept

from 1955 rot in a field just because of his

subjective opinion of its stylng. I'm not a fan of

the Aurora for many reasons but just being GM

means it warrants some respect from me and

I'd never let one die if I could help it without

going WAY out of my way.

Why hate? Appreciate!

It looks like a Bugeye Sprite with a severe oxycontin addiction. And having respect for something just because its GM does indeed make you a lemming, no better than people who think the xB is cool because its a Toyota.

188336[/snapback]

[/quote

How about people who buy Ford Fusions, is that the same?

Or perhaps it's like an attention whore who likes to talk

about how he's obsessed with sodomy, selling out,

excelling at being a douche bag & delivering $5.00 pizza.

Styling is subjective... get over it. It's not like there's

cheap plastic, big panel gaps or plagerizm going on here.

Even an ugly design is better than the same B.S. rehashed

with a Mercury emblem versus a Ford one.

I guess at least you bought a stick as far as your Fusion

goes but honestly... that thing is more unimpressive than

a early 1990s Taurus to me. Again... subjectivity.

Be honest, if that thing had been built by Toyota, you'd be calling it a $h!box that needs to be destroyed.

And attack my choice of buying a Fusion if you'd like, but at least I can actually back up my words as a domestic enthusiast by buying a new domestic car. When is the last time you did that? Or anything that helped the struggling bottom line of any domestic automaker? And I was able to buy and insure it as well as part of my girlfriend's mortgage and my tuition, so obviously my financial situation shouldn't be called into question.

And you mention sodomy a lot more than I do. Its just an avatar, jesus get over it.

Why hate? Appreciate!

188327[/snapback]

The Iron Giant must've appreciated a four-door Corvette enough to have sex with it and create this ugliness.

Of all the dream cars of the era, 95% have some amount of beauty. There's a reason people forgot this Metallic Pee-colored joke.

Now, let's pretty up this thread...

Posted Image

I think the Biscayne is interesting, and better looking than some production cars of the era. It's built low and sporty. And it's made of fiberglass, so rust isn't a possibility.

The Strato Streak is also very cool. Are there any more pics of it and the Biscayne?

Really, the only thing stylisticaly questionable on the Biscayne is the location/treatment of the headlights. Conceal them ala the '66 Toro and you have something. The rest is pretty slick, esp the 'reverse Corvette cove' that wraps around into the rear fascia.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by balthazar

Car was sent to the infamous Warhoops junkyard in MI where GM sent many of it's 'decomissioned' concepts, with express orders for it to be crushed. Junkyard owner has always recognized the historic (and/or perhaps the monetary??) value and saved a great number of them, but he did cut some apart in order to -assumedly- save future contract work from GM. The Biscayne was cut into 8 major pieces and scattered around the yard to 'hide' it. Bought circa '90 by concept car czar Joe Bortz of IL, I've only seen resto tidbits in the last year or so; it must've been in storage for a number of years after '90. Both Bortz and that Warhoops owner(?) should be awarded the Congressional Automotive Medal of Honor.

I like it ! and if I like it..............its gotta be GRRRREAT ! OK ? Now stop the little bitch act fellows............................ :lol:

silvester - you aint old enough to know anything about Lucas electrics........so stop repeating everything you hear like the rest of the know it alls on C&G and every other car forum Ive visited. I had the headlight switch on my Chrysler burn out and leave me stranded at night. Been stranded in my 86 GMC Brig..........at night due to electrical, I have to play around with the dist. on my 65 GMC everytime it sits for a few weeks without running, Ive had every fan switch on my GMs act up and only give me one speed. I had a 9 year old Impala that was the biggest pile of tired iron Ive ever owned, I have a FWD Olds that is 10 years old and if not for some little witch would still be looking as great as it runs,rides, drives and handles, I have one FWD Olds thats 17 years old with 340,000 miles that does actually look as good as it runs and drives.......Ive had Frigidairs and various General Electric go bad, various washers and dryers, hundred of pounds of Jap TV's and stereos thrown out, ect. ect. ect. ...........same damn $h! all the Lucas jokes have been based on. Stop critizing others peoples cars as the only answer to someone not finding something you like less than appealing. Every other word in most of your posts is POS this and POS that................its visibly clear you can dish it out but cant take 25% of what you give back.............. saying something about how Satty makes a living really sets you and your current state of affairs up for a serious bash, which I would not stoop to do, but in a sence just did. You really need to do some interspec, life gets very short very quick.

Car was sent to the infamous Warhoops junkyard in MI where GM sent many of it's 'decomissioned' concepts, with express orders for it to be crushed. Junkyard owner has always recognized the historic (and/or perhaps the monetary??) value and saved a great number of them, but he did cut some apart in order to -assumedly- save future contract work from GM. The Biscayne was cut into 8 major pieces and scattered around the yard to 'hide' it. Bought circa '90 by concept car czar Joe Bortz of IL, I've only seen resto tidbits in the last year or so; it must've been in storage for a number of years after '90. Both Bortz and that Warhoops owner(?) should be awarded the Congressional Automotive Medal of Honor.

188509[/snapback]

Good story -thanks. :thumbsup:

Both Bortz and that Warhoops owner(?) should be awarded the Congressional Automotive Medal of Honor.

188509[/snapback]

Let's start petition. Seriously!