GM Brochure Database

Guest YellowJacket894

You are the 'effin coolest. Good Gawd. Where did you find that?

I was looking at Oldsmobile and Buick and dying laughing. I was so sorry that 1975 and 1976 Oldsmobile brochures were not there! My first automotive love was the 1975 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme or Cutlass Salon coupe...bar none! But I couldn't drive then so I pressed my nose against the glass and made a spot on the window! Our next door neighbors got one and I would freeze in my tracks to watch it turn into the driveway or hear it purr as they pulled up their sloped driveway. "It's a Good Feeling to Have an Olds Around You."

But I did go to 1977. Check out the Brougham seating in the Cutlass line that has the "tuxedo stripe" plump velour seats. It's killer! Both beautiful and super gaudy that you don't know what to think!

THANKS.

Still scratching my head as to why some years would be missing. :scratchchin:

Edited by trinacriabob

• 2 weeks later...

1987 pontiac 6000 le combines fluid lines, driver-oriented appointments, and proven front wheel drive technology...

86 buicks...performance with or without a european accent g/s...235 hp and 330 torque 86 regal/gn---that was 20 f'n years ago!

what happened after that?? bastards.

i hope to look through more of these. thanks. :thumbsup:

Guest YellowJacket894

Glad everyone liked this thread. It didn't really take off at first for some reason.

As to how I found it: Google. :D

I actually like the S-10 interior color combo you can see here. On the downside, the word "truck" being stitched into the fabric is hilarious. Guess it was required for the buyer to be reminded of what they purchased in 1985. :D

Edited by YellowJacket894

Posted Image

210999[/snapback]

WMJ...I was looking for that Grand Le Mans of yours (isn't it cool?) in the catalog. It was one of the missing ones. Shucks!

Edited by trinacriabob

I'm looking at the 1981 full line-up catalog, particularly at the 1981 Seville with the V8-6-4.  Though if the brochure is accurate, methinks the 4.1 in my old Seville was a V6.

...No, I take that back.  It's a different 4.1.

211040[/snapback]

I'm almost sure that the Buick 4.1 V6 with a four barrel carb made its way into Regals, LeSabres, Electras as well as Rivs, Toros, Eldos, Sevilles and DeVilles. There would be a small square badge that says 4.1 V6. Seeing one of these under the hood of any large car is humorous. The upper radiator hose is as long as an anaconda.

Back in '02 in high school, a friend of mine came up to me and said, "I got a new car. Its a Cadillac. Guess what it is?" I guessed Cimarron and he was dumbfounded..."how did you know?!" Lucky guess. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it was a cute little car. Rusty, though. The digital speedo only worked in reverse. the door lock, the left rear window went down by itself now and again, and the odometer read 'ERR'. He said the guy who sold it to him said alot of cars from that time did that. Yeah. Cars that were rolled back.

Long story short, three weeks later, it died and he left it somewhere alongside US19. I guess the county found it, impounded it, and scrapped it.

And that's why American cars are awesome, guys. No one sits around telling stories about how back in the day, my Accord went 150k miles with no problems and then I sold it. Fire-prone Tempos, lousy Cimarrons, and junk Chryslers...it makes life fun.

I'm almost sure that the Buick 4.1 V6 with a four barrel carb made its way into Regals, LeSabres, Electras as well as Rivs, Toros, Eldos, Sevilles and DeVilles.  There would be a small square badge that says 4.1 V6.  Seeing one of these under the hood of any large car is humorous.  The upper radiator hose is as long as an anaconda.

211075[/snapback]

I should have made myself more clear.

According to the brochure, the 81 Seville had an optional 4.1L V6. However, the 1984 catalog shows the 4100 V8 with "Digital Fuel Injection". This is the engine my [father in-law's] Seville has.

I award you bonus points for the V6 anecdote, though. :)

Very cool. 8)

• 7 months later...
Guest YellowJacket894

Just thought I'd bump this thread because, well, c'mon. Awesome Toronado photography from 1986 out the wah-zoo.

(I will own a Toro, one way or another, you mark my words.)