Vehicle Shopping

Farkas

My mom is way over due for a newish car. She loves her current car (a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo) to death, but the thing is starting to fall apart. To the point where it would make more finantial sense to buy a newer car. So we went dealer hopping today. She really didn't say she liked anything in particular. Just walked around and was like "hmm" every so once an a while.

She isn't picky about brands (mostly because she is clueless when it comes to cars), although my dad is another story. He has a strong distaste for Korean cars, and American cars. I try to tell him that they we're DiamlerChryslers that we owned (1993 Voyager and 2001 Dakota) but he doesn't listen.

Whatever it's his money, I just think he should be informed.

So yeah :P. What do you guys think?

Any suggestions? Here is her list of wants:

1. Wagon or smaller SUV (Rodeo sized or smaller)

2. Somewhat decent mileage

3. Reliability

4. The option of 4WD or AWD

5. Does not need to be a brand new car, probably 2002+

• 2 months later...

Well, My mom thinks she found the car she wants:

Posted Image

Thats right, a 2007 Saturn Outlook XE FWD (she decided that AWD wasn't that big of a deal-breaker)

She saw it on the way home yesterday and was like, woah, I really want to look at that!

So we stopped, had a look around, took it for a test drive. She was in love with it, we could barely pry her out of it! Hopefully it'll be gracing our garage in a short time :)

On a side note, neither of my parents knew Saturn was a GM brand until I told them after. They were both really surprised. I think there might be 2 new GM fans in the world ;)

Edited by Farkas

Hats off to the General for making a vehicle that a non enthusiast can't be pried out of.

Seriously! Every time we went to leave she was like "5 more minutes, please!" I think she tried out the Smart Slide seats at least 6 times.

A neighbor of mine that I haven't met apparently is a saleperson at a Saturn store; I know this because back in October I saw an AURA XR in his driveway with dealers plates for over a month. The wife noticed yesterday a Carbon Metallic OUTLOOK XR now gracing the driveway. It is one nice truck! Maybe take her over to the local GMC dealership to see the Acadia - my wife still is having a hard time deciding which one she likes better to replace our '05 Envoy lease (we have 18 more months on our lease anyway). Good luck and keep us informed.