Saturn Announces Prices For All New 2007 Outlook

Detroit -- Engineered to provide the ideal balance of style, size and capability, the 2007 Saturn Outlook crossover also features a long list of standard equipment and extremely attractive price.

Saturn announced today the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the front-wheel drive Outlook XE is $27,990. All-wheel drive XE model starts at $29,990.

Fuel economy numbers for the Outlook were also announced, with front-wheel-drive models rated at 18 mpg city/26 mpg highway by the EPA, and all-wheel-drive models rated at 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway.

"The Outlook crossover combines great design and utility with better fuel economy than any eight-passenger SUV," said Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak. "It's part of our continuing strategy of combining great vehicles and outstanding value with Saturn's highly regarded customer care."

Outlook features a body-frame integral design that enables lower step-in heights and generous interior space. Outlook offers three rows of seating, with the third row capable of comfortably seating three adults - and with more usable storage space behind the third-row seat than many of its competitors. Access to the third-row seat is made easier with an articulated, industry-first Smart Slide® second-row seat feature.

StabiliTrak is standard on all Outlook models, as are six air bags: two dual-stage frontal air bags for the driver and front passenger, two seat-mounted side-impact air bags in the first row and two head curtain side-impact air bags that cover all three seating rows. Complementing the air bags is GM's rollover sensing system, which can activate the side-impact air bags if sensors determine a rollover is imminent. In the event of a rollover, the air bags stay inflated longer to provide increased occupant containment. Outlook also comes standard with OnStar.

The Outlook XE's 3.6L V-6 VVT produces 270 horsepower (201 kw) and 248 lb.-ft. of torque (336 Nm). The uplevel Outlook XR model, with dual exhaust, provides an estimated 275 horsepower (205 kW) and 251 lb.-ft. of torque (340 Nm). All Outlook models feature a 6-speed automatic transmission.

The uplevel Outlook XR will carry an MSRP of $30,290 for front-wheel drive and $32,290 for all-wheel drive models.

Rounding out the appeal of the Outlook is a wide range of attractive optional equipment, including ultrasonic rear parking assist, power lift gate, remote vehicle start, heated windshield fluid, DVD entertainment system and DVD navigation system.

The Outlook will be built at GM's Lansing/Delta Township (Mich.) assembly facility.

I'd say that pricing is pretty competitive. A loaded XR should be around $38k, which is reasonable, but is anyone going to pay that for a Saturn?

209158[/snapback]

yes. this is a well designed car with a lot of appeal, and the price is incredibly right. Think about it, the Rendevous goes for this MSRP, think of how much better this truck is, it is a quantam leap over that truck. Lambdas all are hitting the right spots and should easily go for MSRP.

All that sounds fine, but where does that leave the Acadia and Enclave pricing? I wonder if the Enclave is going to be in the mid 40's for a hard loaded All wheel drive model..??

I still don't see why we need a Saturn version when we have the top o' the line Buick and the GMC is gonna be 'as nice' with a little different look. Looks like overlapping to me. If they price the Enclave too high, it won't matter if it's beautiful. It won't sell...

Great pricing! My Outlook is that this car will be a home run-now expand on colors and get this car out sooner! I see no use or reason for the Acadia. Its nice, but it erodes GMC's lifelong truck (these are not trucks, they're cars) image, and since it and Buicks are mostly sold in the same dealer and being so close in styling to Outlook, Acadia should be dropped, and Chevy should get a differently-styled version.

Great pricing! My Outlook is that this car will be a home run-now expand on colors and get this car out sooner! I see no use or reason for the Acadia. Its nice, but it erodes GMC's lifelong truck (these are not trucks, they're cars) image, and since it and Buicks are mostly sold in the same dealer and being so close in styling to Outlook, Acadia should be dropped, and Chevy should get a differently-styled version.

209991[/snapback]

I agree with the notion that the Acadia is redundant because of the existence of the Enclave. A "Professional Grade" Lambda wasn't really needed, IMHO.

I agree with the notion that the Acadia is redundant because of the existence of the Enclave.  A "Professional Grade" Lambda wasn't really needed, IMHO.

211778[/snapback]

I would've agreed with you a few months ago, but after having seen the Acadia, albeit in pictures only, I think it is a good fit. It's very sophisticated and at the same time purposeful, like most other GMC's. The Buick is focused on all out plushness, but the GM while reasonably luxurious, won't look out of place at a lumber yard or trade show.

I'm not too sold on a Chevy Lambda though. Unless it is very distinguished from the Saturn and GMC, then I believe it should not be brought to market.

It's about $1500 more than a comparably equipped Pilot, and the option groups are less bizarre than the Acadia. Power driver seat is standard, not part of some $2500 package. Fully specced, however, the GMC might be cheaper after haggling.

Let's hope residuals are high, or no ones going to spend $35K+ on a Saturn.

All that sounds fine, but where does that leave the Acadia and Enclave pricing?  I wonder if the Enclave is going to be in the mid 40's for a hard loaded All wheel drive model..??

I still don't see why we need a Saturn version when we have the top o' the line Buick and the GMC is gonna be 'as nice' with a little different look.  Looks like overlapping to me.  If they price the Enclave too high, it won't matter if it's beautiful.  It won't sell...

209948[/snapback]

I don't see the need for a GMC version since it's not a real truck. The Outlook makes perfec sense to revolutionize the lineup and replace the Relay.