2007 Mitsubishi Galant Ralliart

link provided! woo hoo

here

I am sure fly is already working up some cheap shots

It's some piece of work - buttery-smooth at idle right through to redline and revving like a Honda when pushed. The sound is fantastic, too: when you're lugging around town, the exhaust rumbles and pops softly, suggesting a lot of power under the hood; crack open the throttle and the sound becomes a slightly muted snarl, angry enough to give the car some real attitude but not so loud that it becomes annoying during longer trips beyond 4,000 rpm.

this is a pretty sweet package, significantly sharper than the old Galant GTS but still more than comfortable enough for everyday use

Other pluses include powerful brakes and a smooth, well-damped ride that feels almost like a BMW's

Edited by regfootball

Is it just me or does the front end look like it's already been in a collision? Something about the way the front of the hood curves down sharply and meets the grille. It almost looks concave (curved in).

Other than that, it has relatively bold styling.

The dash look lousy with the navigation shield. Besides that, it actually seems like a good car. Too bad no one will every buy one.

210885[/snapback]

I'll bite, very few will buy one, you're 100% right. I look at it this way, even with its crudeness in some aspects, this would be a more fun car to me than a Camry or Accord. but since I had a v6 loaner Galant once, and it was fun, I know its a zippy car. If the price was about the same I would defintely go this route over the G6, Malibu and Impala SS, and Grand Prix even though I like the G6 and Grand Prix and chevys.

had the Altima not been redone for 07, I would say yes to this before the 06 Altima. I also would have chosen this over the Mazda6, although the Mazdaspeed6 complicates that comparison. In the end I would default to the fact this car has an unblown v6 and the Mazda has a turbo...wait, the mazda has AWD....HMMMMMMM

i would take this car over the Fusion. I would have to drive the Aura XR, my guess is the Aura is nicer to live with.

I guess to me there are so many other great choices besides the Camry and Accord and I wish more folks would buy them.

I read this article earlier today and considered posting it, but I figured reg would be a bit miffed...

It looks like a great car, despite some of its crudeness in areas. I'd consider it over the Camry or Accord with no hesitation.

Hell, Mitsubishi wins the Dakar, like, every year so that says something about their products, or at least their SUV's...

I just wish this had the EVO's AWD system or something similar. That'd make this car totally kicks ass, and maybe grab a couple more sales as well.

You know, for all my razzing of Mitsubishi, the Galant is truly one of the few import cars I like simply because it looks and feels like a larger midsize car.

210940[/snapback]

it really is the perfect sized car. its not enormous like my 500, yet its got a ton of back seat and front seat room and its wide.

I see the new Altima added 3" of rear leg room though so now maybe the Altima is even commodious.

around here they advertise lots of cheap leases on the 4 cylinder Galant. Its a good alternative to say, a civic for less money in that regard. But then it basically becomes a chick car / cheap payment shoppers car.

It is noticeably bigger than a Malibu, although now Chevy's done well to keep the Malibu's price down.

I think it looks really good, and the powertrain & chassis definately are up to snuff. Compared to an Accord, etc., the interior is a bit crude in some areas, but not overly so--and it has improved over the years.

Mitsu makes some very nice cars, and is VERY good at the sport aspect as well, I just wish they could do a little better and more people bought them. It's been a long time since I've even seen a current gen Galant on the road, the last of which was a cheapie Enterprise rental--so it's a bit of a shame.

it's far better than a Camry or Accord and is no doubt more fun to drive.

211235[/snapback]

Have you driven both? What are you basing that assumption on?

If I had to guess based on specs, I would say the Accord offers a more fun to drive vehicle than the Galant (Ralliart or not). The Accord offers a 6 speed manual transmission in both Coupe and Sedan V6 models while the Galant Ralliart only offers a 5sp auto Sedan. And the Accord 6sp V6 Sedan weighs 377 lbs less than the Ralliart (Coupe 6sp V6 weighs 450 lbs less).

Have you driven both? What are you basing that assumption on?

If I had to guess based on specs, I would say the Accord offers a more fun to drive vehicle than the Galant (Ralliart or not). The Accord offers a 6 speed manual transmission in both Coupe and Sedan V6 models while the Galant Ralliart only offers a 5sp auto Sedan. And the Accord 6sp V6 Sedan weighs 377 lbs less than the Ralliart (Coupe 6sp V6 weighs 450 lbs less).

211252[/snapback]

No, not yet anyway, my first car I plan to test drive is a Charger. Fun is a relative term for these sedans anyway. If I want something fun I'll shop for something fun...like an Evo