I got mail!

ocnblu

Yup so I got home just a while ago and checked my mailbox. Inside was a nice sized envelope from Chevrolet. "Cool!" I thought as I hurried into the house to open it. Sure enough, it is a foldout on the new Silverado. But... it only has pictures of the crewcab (well, there's one x-ray pic of an extended cab, but...)

It strikes me as kind of cheesy. It feels like GM is cramming the super-expensive crewcab down our throats. What about those of us who would rather have a regular cab, or even extended? I am put off by this. I am trying to be patient, but dammit, I thought the other bodystyles would be out in November... and still no prices at Chevy.com, except for crewcabs.

Yes, I feel like doing this: :hissyfit: and now that I have, I feel a bit better.

I have 3 vehicles on my mind right now:

Silverado regular cab 1LT shortbed 2WD

G6 GT or GTP coupe

VW GTI six speed manual

Everything hinges on pricing for the Silverado model I'm interested in. Tick tock, people, let's go! <_<

"I got mail. Yaaaaaaaay!"

Posted Image

j/k. I'm in the same boat as you re: the Silverado. I've been itching to price out a regular or extended cab with the sportside bed, but no dice.

EDIT: extended cab not cap. Lousy fingers.

Well since the Crew Cabs are the only models that our out, it would make since that there the only ones you see advertised.

213205[/snapback]

Yeah, funny how that works. If they had sent out reg and ext cab brochures, this thread would be "I got ext and reg cab pictures, but I can't buy them yet! Damn GM, what's wrong with you!".

Hey now, Hey Now, are you picking on me? :AH-HA_wink:

Anyhoo, I keep getting hints that the truck I want to spec out will be reasonably priced. All I want is 5.3L, Convenience Pkg, maybe a sliding window, and G80 locking diff with 3.23 gears. Dark blue with black cloth. And the chrome mirror caps, door handles, soft tonneau cover and Torque Thrust-style 20" GM Accessory wheels.

Oh well, I'll just keep sitting here, tapping my foot, arms crossed, while I wait. :scratchchin:

Blu, you won't go wrong with the Silverado. It is so American. The popularity of pickups in Canada & the US just mystifies people in other countries. If I can be philosophical for a moment...it says much about us as a people, free spirited, hard workers. Wide-open spaces, a pickup truck and a dog...what more can a guy want? And heck, the single cab/short box 2wd just looks so good. It is at the top of my list for the next new vehicle.

The popularity of pickups in Canada & the US just mystifies people in other countries.

213872[/snapback]

It used to mystify me until a friend of mine got one (a small Ford). If you have anything at all to haul, they are fantastic. We used it to go to plant sales, Costco, tons of places where a station wagon of SUV would be less of use.

Too bad some ba$7ard totalled it when it was parked in front of their house, and it was so old they didn't keep collision insurance on it.

:o Whoa, thanks for the heads-up, Harley. I know they're coming, and maybe the price will end up being more than I want to spend, but it doesn't hurt to have a little dream.

Through much of my vehicle-buying life, I've not been able to resolve the car v. truck problem. If I could afford both at once, my life would be easier, ha.

From all early accounts though, these 900s will be engineered to be more car-like in handling and ride than ever before, while not sacrificing their primary mission.

I hope this thread becomes moot very soon.

I have always had the same dilema with buying vehicles. Car or truck?...although I like many cars, more and more I lean towards pickups and the more elemental the better.

I like your idea of the classic regular cab, short box, 2wd version. You reminded me to take a closer look at this icon of vehicles. There's a reason you often see ads, movies etc with vintage pickups of this sort. It evokes something very central to who we are as a people and a culture. And heck, I learned to drive in the back country in a stepside Chevy pickup. It's like I've come full circle.

Thanks for highlighting this truck. I really want one now.