Hint of Production Camaro Dash?

hyperv6

Posted Image

Did not see this posted any where so here it is.

The dash of the Silverado 427 SEMA truck had a dash with a little Camaro in it.

The Speedo and Tach are similar to the Camaro concept as is the console. Don't know if any of this is base of future production items but it would be tempting to use them in show cars prior to release of the Street car.

I expect the rest of the dash is not anything Camaro related as it is just to big and truck like. But the gauges on the other hand might be a hint of the production items as they are toned down from the concept.

The interior also featured recovered Vette seat.

Posted Image

Edited by hyperv6

They're going to keep the console mounted gages? That is f@#kin' awesome! 8)

215065[/snapback]

I would not say keeping yet but they have been used again.

Just do note the speeedo and tach do look like production worthy items that bear a similar appearance to the Concept.

Who know this whole dash my end up in a Impala?

• 1 month later...

I had read that the Camaro will get the 2 deep dish gauges and the 4 on the console will be optional.

This makes me really wonder if the ones in the truck are really the production dash and console?

Console Gauge cluster is very unlikely, due to it being so low and away from the line of sight.

The 427 SEMA truck cluster sucks. Looks like a toy for kids....Nowhere near production.

Console Gauge cluster is very unlikely, due to it being so low and away from the line of sight.

You know that and I know that. That is what suprised me when I read in a reliable place in the press that they may be an option. I would assume they would have a check gauge light on the dash or they would be gauges that are not as important as Oil or temp. They could put a tranny temp and other less iportant ones down their just to capture the old styling theme.

It's not a big deal with or with out and will just have to wait and see what they end up with.

They also noted the door panels will be close to the concpet with color inserts.

Edited by hyperv6

I'll put money on the Camaro's interior looking better than that.

I'll put money on the Camaro's interior looking better than that.

I would hope so as this is a truck dash. Only the guages I would exprct would be Camaro related and they are too far away to tell if they are ugly or not.

• 2 weeks later...

mightymouse: "Console Gauge cluster is very unlikely, due to it being so low and away from the line of sight.

The 427 SEMA truck cluster sucks. Looks like a toy for kids....Nowhere near production."

Not to burst the bubble, but they have just recently produced a car with the console gauges...or have we already forgotten about the SSR? That had them...chances are the Camaro will too...at least I hope that it does. Would really like to see HUD in the Camaro as well, to give us a chance to see those lower gauges projected on the windshield as well, like in the Corvette.

mightymouse: "Console Gauge cluster is very unlikely, due to it being so low and away from the line of sight.

The 427 SEMA truck cluster sucks. Looks like a toy for kids....Nowhere near production."

Not to burst the bubble, but they have just recently produced a car with the console gauges...or have we already forgotten about the SSR? That had them...chances are the Camaro will too...at least I hope that it does. Would really like to see HUD in the Camaro as well, to give us a chance to see those lower gauges projected on the windshield as well, like in the Corvette.

Posted Image

Gauges belong in your face, for quick reference when you're busy driving fast. Additionally, there are new FMVSS requirements which dictate placement of instrumentation no less than 30 degrees below forward sight line. Looks nice in the concept, however they not located properly for performance driving.

Don't plan on a H.U.D. either.... This car needs to be light, fast, and affordable.

Posted Image

Gauges belong in your face, for quick reference when you're busy driving fast. Additionally, there are new FMVSS requirements which dictate placement of instrumentation no less than 30 degrees below forward sight line. Looks nice in the concept, however they not located properly for performance driving.

Don't plan on a H.U.D. either.... This car needs to be light, fast, and affordable.

First off you better not get too quick to write off the gauges as reports have them being invcluded as a option. They are still in this years show car with a 90% production interior.

Second these cars are not race cars so the liberty of using them down there is not as big of an issue when used with a red light to check gauges. If it was that critical they would put the red line at 12:00 o clock.

Third this car is not going to be a fly weight as you can not have light with affordable. GM has to have a 5 star crash rating on this car or the insurance copmpanies will kill it. To get light and strong you need a lot of Alumnium, composits and magnesium would raise the price of the car far from affordable. The price of the blue deviel will be driven by the heavy use of compsits to lower the price not he 650 hp engine.

Moderate weight, safe, powerful, affordable great handling and fast is what your going to get

like it or not. The original Camaro was no light weight either and it did well for its self.

Hud has been discussed by GM people throwing out ideas and I would not be suprised to see it in the High end model but not in the base and V6.

Edited by hyperv6

First off you better not get too quick to write off the gauges as reports have them being invcluded as a option. They are still in this years show car with a 90% production interior.

Second these cars are not race cars so the liberty of using them down there is not as big of an issue when used with a red light to check gauges. If it was that critical they would put the red line at 12:00 o clock.

Third this car is not going to be a fly weight as you can not have light with affordable. GM has to have a 5 star crash rating on this car or the insurance copmpanies will kill it. To get light and strong you need a lot of Alumnium, composits and magnesium would raise the price of the car far from affordable. The price of the blue deviel will be driven by the heavy use of compsits to lower the price not he 650 hp engine.

Moderate weight, safe, powerful, affordable great handling and fast is what your going to get

like it or not. The original Camaro was no light weight either and it did well for its self.

Hud has been discussed by GM people throwing out ideas and I would not be suprised to see it in the High end model but not in the base and V6.

I work there and design interior systems, and am familar with the construction of the car. You are correct about the gauges with an extra idiot light above, again,

federal laws state where critical displays have to be, so gauges down below is fine. Of course you know where the damn gauges go when you're driving like it's stolen..

Light strong steel is replacing mag often in many domestic built vehicles believe me, just like Asian competitors. Otherwise we're talking the same thing. No need to explain to me.

Strong and simple designs rule.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mightymouse