Crap!!

Charger4U

So i was at my Grandmas house in northern Montana and of course its rural so my dad usually takes us out to drive. Well he let my sister drive out here on the dirtroads, she did fine other than shes super bad with the clutch. And after she was done my brother mentioned driving into town (20 miles) and do some "Geocaching", so my dad let me drive and ito town on the highway and i did fine until we reached town. So the new Mega Cab needed some gas so we pulled into the gas station. And at the end of the Gas Station theyre were 2 poles like most gas stations. And as i was pulling out thats when the trouble began. my dad told me just go straight and even to the left maybe. Well there was a little dirt median right there and i didnt wanto hit even tho lokking back it wouldnt make a differnce. And so i pulled out kinda turning right and half way into the turn i hear scraping and a clunk. I said to myself oh $h!. And my dad got out pissed as hell and i got out too and theres a big red stripe down the placstic guard thing and at the end theres alot of red paint and a dent. My dad was so mad. I feel so ashamded denting my dads only new truck hes ever had. Plus i have to work off a grand worth of damage.

Don't feel bad...it's his own damn fault for putting someone behind the wheel who shouldn't have been. You haven't had the proper training yet, and you shouldn't feel responsible for the damage. It's your father's poor judgement that resulted in this.

Growing up, I learned to drive in a 1976 Camaro that was a "throw-away" type car that my parents had. It was old, primered, etc. They never restored it like they intended to. Anyway... We lived on 80 acres in a suburb of Dallas and had, maybe, a dozen neighbors within a few square miles of our home. They let me practice driving in the Camaro at 13 and up since there really wasn't any traffic around. I was allowed to drive it up to the nearest convenience store which was 2 1/2 miles up the road.

This was typical in my neighborhood. Kids 13+ driving around because it was a more relaxed community. Children were expected to be responsible when given a privilege. Parents were expected to be liable and accountable for poor judgment.

Gaud... how life has changed...

Charger, just hang in there. The truck is an object and it can be fixed. Your dad still loves you. You're fine.

Don't feel bad...it's his own damn fault for putting someone behind the wheel who shouldn't have been.  You haven't had the proper training yet, and you shouldn't feel responsible for the damage.  It's your father's poor judgement that resulted in this.

219762[/snapback]

UH...NO, its the fault of the person behind the wheel, you didnt pay attention, you didnt look in your mirrors, you didnt proceed slowly and carefully watching what you were doing, you didnt listen to what he told you and did the opposite. This was lesson # 1........it may, if you have learned anything, help keep you from a more serious situation in the future caused from not being in touch with your surroundings. Call that training 101. Live, learn and grow

UH...NO, its the fault of the person behind the wheel, you didnt pay attention, you didnt look in your mirrors, you didnt proceed slowly and carefully watching what you were doing, you didnt listen to what he told you and did the opposite. This was lesson # 1........it may, if you have learned anything, help keep you from a more serious situation in the future caused from not being in touch with your surroundings. Call that training 101. Live, learn and grow

219951[/snapback]

You wouldn't put an inexperienced and entirely unqualified 13 year old in the cockpit of a small aircraft as a "learning experience" now would you? Charger's dad has NO REASON to get pissed at him...only at himself. If he wanted to teach Charger about driving, he should have done it in some old beater and not his shiny new pickup. Doing so was just stupid. :nono:

Don't feel bad...it's his own damn fault for putting someone behind the wheel who shouldn't have been.  You haven't had the proper training yet, and you shouldn't feel responsible for the damage.  It's your father's poor judgement that resulted in this.

219762[/snapback]

oh i didnt mean to make it sound like he was so mad at me, he actually was kinda mad at himself for letting me drive into town, but im not that poorly trained at driving ive drove since i was very young its just i never thoyught to look in the mirrow for that pole.

You wouldn't put an inexperienced and entirely unqualified 13 year old in the cockpit of a small aircraft as a "learning experience" now would you?  Charger's dad has NO REASON to get pissed at him...only at himself.  If he wanted to teach Charger about driving, he should have done it in some old beater and not his shiny new pickup.  Doing so was just stupid. :nono:

219971[/snapback]

Hey croc i only have till may and i get my drivers license anyway so im not a chicken with his head cut off drving but thats beside the point, i meant to sya that he was more mad at himself then me

You wouldn't put an inexperienced and entirely unqualified 13 year old in the cockpit of a small aircraft as a "learning experience" now would you?  Charger's dad has NO REASON to get pissed at him...only at himself.  If he wanted to teach Charger about driving, he should have done it in some old beater and not his shiny new pickup.  Doing so was just stupid. :nono:

219971[/snapback]

If only that was the entire scene

turning left when someone clearly said to the right.... :nono:

a dent in any vehical is going to make someone mad, thats life, thinking all this hyped up anger was totally directed at the driver is lack of experience. The driver feeling bad about damaging the vehical shows sincere promise. This was clearly a case of live and learn and Im sure the learning was done.