Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Life goals

Satty

We're officially in the "holiday season" which means the suicide rate is going to go up drastically, so what better time to reminisce about the goals you set for yourself as a child or that you're going to fail to achieve in the future.

(That sounded bitter didn't it?)

Goals as a child (we'll define "child" as 15 and under because it seems like a nice cutoff)

--Become an astronaut

--Be a published author

--Invade Iceland

Sadly those are the only two goals I set for myself that I still remember.

Goals as an adult

--Be a published author (at least this time I have some completed material)

--Get a degree in something (later decided to be journalism)

--Be elected to a public office, then resign in disgrace (Its a great way to be remembered, nobody remembers the guys who dont commit crimes in office)

--Invade Iceland and Greenland

Make enough money at a job I don't mind doing to have a nice home with a good piece of property and so that my family and I can live comfortably. Oh! And a few Brass Era cars out in the garage would be great! :lol:

GOALS

5 years old

- Become a firefighter. No wait, a policeman... or race car driver...

- Have the ultimate collection of Legos

- Own a Lancia Stratos, Porsche 911 Turbo or a Jaguar XJS V12

(I was still living in Slovakia... I had NEVER even seen a GM car)

10 years old

- Be a fighter pilot for the USAF

- Own a Classic GM car like a 1st gen. Camaro or GTO

- Become an automotive designer for General Motors

15 years old

- Own a 4th gen. F-body T-top with 6-speed

- Own a German GT car... BMW M3 or perhaps a Porsche 911

20 years old

- Own a 1969 Camaro with a 4-speed

- Own a big RWD Cadillac or some other huge GM land yacht

Today (27yo)

- Own home wiht Marcia in the next 5 years

- Own a 1959 Buick Electra 225 Riviera (4dr bubbletop hardtop)

- Own a 1930-32 Cadillac Dual Cowl Phaeton V16 before I did

I indirectly accomplished all of mine........I just didnt expect to freefall off the edge once I reached the peak.

at 15 I wanted to be a studied professional musician

at 18 I wanted to get into forestry as the realistic option

was told NO! to both, thats how things were done back then

at 25 I was working for myself at the bottom of the forestry industry but happy as could be, by the time I was 35 I was a success and the future looked bright, at 40 it evaporated before my eyes

starting around the time I was 28 I was in bands that played "professionally" but that sucked, bar rooms suck ! What was most important latter on I hooked up with two others and we did compose an entire hours worth of truely origional music. Then we tried adding 2 additional member, who were lazy, worthless but highly minipulative and spent 2 months driveing wedges between us until it just fell apart. I was the only one who saw it coming and knew what they were up too. Later the truth came to light and all could see.

Even as a young boy I was always into wilderness adventure, throughout my adult life I was mostly on some type of adventure be it through work or play with my dogs and sled or skiing or hiking

I have pretty much always done or got to do all the things that excited me, just have little to show for it. Me ? I was born in the wrong century, 100 years too late.

I am still a kid so I want to: finish High School

go to college for automotive design

become a car designer for GM, Dodge???

have a nice house and family, with a reasonable yet tasteful selection of cars lol (lots of horsepower)

As of Now in the next year or so... get my driver's licence (Dec.14th)

get a decent car or something I can fix up to be a decent car (looking at spring now, winter is not a good time for car sales)

I was only born 60 years too late. :P

Wow, so many wannabee architects/designes in this crowd!

Me at 15: 1) Work in Detroit as a...ready for this...auto designer! (I still

have hundreds of be-finned sketches of the NEW 1987 Chrysler

"whatevers" - I felt 1987 was far enough in the future that fins

would be back.)

Then I wanted to become the next Robert Heinlein or Larry Niven. I can remember handing in a 220 page assignment to my stunned grade 10 English teacher. I think she is still trying to read it (enough white-out to use the manuscript as a boat anchor, methinks)

The fact that I went to school with Robert Sawyer and he is not only published and FAMOUS but also gets his mug on the Space Channel doesn't bother me at all, or that I had a crush on his brother....sigh.

I had a brief flirtation with being an astrophysicist, but my grade 12 math SUCKED and I could hack the grade 13 physics equations even less.

Never finished university. Didn't qualify for OSAP (student loans) because my parents made too much money, even though I'd moved out at 17 and had been paying my own way through highschool. Those were the rules in them days.

Still want to be a hard core writer some day, but being as I'm 45 I"d better hurry up!

But, hey, I'm in the car business, so I sorta got there.

-Graduate from architecture school (only 1 1/2 years left)

-Find that special someone (I may have already found her)

-Buy a new car

-Move to Chicago area (or some other large Midwestern city), work for a medium-sized firm

-Purchase a house

-Get married, raise a family

Pretty much, I just want my slice of the American Dream.

hmm...

have to come back to the young dreams later

but as for know

live past 50 without interferance.

Win my court case!

retire to Alaska

win the lotto so i can buy a Ducenburg as my daily beater.

own a caprice from every generation.

own a caddy V series

make my current caprice a sweet custom sleeper.

i have tons of personal goals but these are the only ones i will post.