Sign in to follow this  
buickguy

Buick Crossover/Centieme

15 posts in this topic

wildcat    0
This is merely a guess, but since Chicago is an important market for Buick, perhaps at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show? The media preview will be Feb. 8-9, a first look for charity on Feb. 9, and the public show running Feb. 10-19.

wildcat    0
I seem to remember that Lutz was the one who came up with "Lucerne," that he has some fondness for Switzerland, etc. In retrospect, I think they could've kept the name "LeSabre."

Paolino    99

I seem to remember that Lutz was the one who came up with "Lucerne," that he has some fondness for Switzerland, etc.  In retrospect, I think they could've kept the name "LeSabre."

[post="17474"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It kills me to know it's gone. I would have much preferred LeSabre to Lucerne!

titan    0

It kills me to know it's gone.  I would have much preferred LeSabre to Lucerne!

[post="17555"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah. I love that name. They should have kept that name, and Regal (vs. Lacrosse), IMO. Also, since they did change the name to Lacrosse, I wish they would have chosen Allure for this market. Names like Rega, LeSabre, and Allure sound supscale to me.

HarleyEarl    1
Regal sounds too soft, more for a royal person's car..a queen per chance? Buick Wildcat would have given some balls for the Lucerne car....Lucerne is just awful. What's next?...The new rwd Buick Zurich!

-Camaro-    0

Buick has had some awful names of late.  They need to really rethink their choices.

[post="17471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Better than Cadillac or Pontiac... I.E. CTS, STS, G6, G8.....

mjdecker    0

Better than Cadillac or Pontiac... I.E. CTS, STS, G6, G8.....

I agree and disagree on that..
I think GM didn't want people to think that the CTS is the same as the Catera but then I much perfer the Seville over STS, but then since the fwd seville started, STS was a trim level of the it.

And as for pontiac, I HATE the alpha numeric naming.. Grand Am would have done just fine for the G6 IMO.

Sign in to follow this