Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buickguy

Buick Crossover/Centieme

15 posts in this topic

This is merely a guess, but since Chicago is an important market for Buick, perhaps at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show? The media preview will be Feb. 8-9, a first look for charity on Feb. 9, and the public show running Feb. 10-19.

Since the Buick Lambda is the last one to go into production, I would guess New York.

Despite the statements on edmunds.com, the name Buick Centieme hasn't been confirmed. It may still be called Buick Rendezvous.

I seem to remember that Lutz was the one who came up with "Lucerne," that he has some fondness for Switzerland, etc. In retrospect, I think they could've kept the name "LeSabre."

I seem to remember that Lutz was the one who came up with "Lucerne," that he has some fondness for Switzerland, etc.  In retrospect, I think they could've kept the name "LeSabre."

[post="17474"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It kills me to know it's gone. I would have much preferred LeSabre to Lucerne!

It kills me to know it's gone.  I would have much preferred LeSabre to Lucerne!

[post="17555"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah. I love that name. They should have kept that name, and Regal (vs. Lacrosse), IMO. Also, since they did change the name to Lacrosse, I wish they would have chosen Allure for this market. Names like Rega, LeSabre, and Allure sound supscale to me.

Regal sounds too soft, more for a royal person's car..a queen per chance? Buick Wildcat would have given some balls for the Lucerne car....Lucerne is just awful. What's next?...The new rwd Buick Zurich!

Buick has had some awful names of late.  They need to really rethink their choices.

[post="17471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Better than Cadillac or Pontiac... I.E. CTS, STS, G6, G8.....

Better than Cadillac or Pontiac... I.E. CTS, STS, G6, G8.....

I agree and disagree on that..
I think GM didn't want people to think that the CTS is the same as the Catera but then I much perfer the Seville over STS, but then since the fwd seville started, STS was a trim level of the it.

And as for pontiac, I HATE the alpha numeric naming.. Grand Am would have done just fine for the G6 IMO.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0