Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Audio: Don Fuller lays smackdown on environuts

Click on the link, then scan the bar on the right hand side with blue titles and click on the one at the very bottom that says "Activist Challenged 11/30"

http://www.wwj.com/

I'm not sure who the GM rep is that's speaking...could it be Wagoner? This was after the two guys went up on stage at the LA Auto Show at the end of Wagoner's speech to try to get him to sign a document stating GM will lead the industry in fuel economy by 2010.

EDIT: I just saw a YouTube video...the guy is someone named Don Fuller...it says he is from MAWG and contributes to Kelly Blue Book.

Video

http://www.trucks.autoblog.com/2006/11/29/...goners-keynote/

Edited by mustang84

I loved the GM guy's repeating question: "Have you ever built anything?"

The kid's daddy probably has a nice pile of GM stock in his portfolio along with a bunch of other "un-green" stocks. Oh the hypocrisy.

Well, these kind of nut jobs do get media coverage. The media loves a screw ball. However, somewhere in the middle lies the answer.

Venezuela is run by a nut job, too. He is in the middle of elections. You guys get almost 10% of your oil from that American-baiting, wannabe communist.

If I were American, I would want to buy an Aveo so we could tell Chavez to F!@k himself!

We can tell him that anyway but as much as we don't like him he's not an idiot. He has been shipping heating oil up here at a discount to be sold to poor people. Of course Joe Kennedy II eats it up. Chavez is popular with the poor people in his country too however the middle class down there less so. Nevertheless he was up in the polls over his nearest rival by 20 points and the election is today, I believe, so apparently he'll be here with us for quite a while... him and his buddy Castro.

I have avoided Citgo gas stations for a long time (because of Chavez) and ExxonMobil (because they're thieves.) Whenever I see people complain about US citizens buying Japanese cars and turning their backs on fellow American car builders I immediately think of ExxonMobil, who screws lots more of their fellow Americans every day. Hopefully when the Dems get control they immediately pass legislation that reverses the giveaways Bush and his criminal pals passed a while back. It does seem like a paradox that our best chance to beat the oil companies is to get in bed with Toyota and buy a Prius.

The next on my agenda is to switch my heat away from oil. For years it was the preferred choice because of low cost but now between the elimination of the cost advantage and the negative political aspect of oil, I'll be done with it soon. I'll be heating with something else.

Well, these kind of nut jobs do get media coverage.  The media loves a screw ball.  However, somewhere in the middle lies the answer.

Venezuela is run by a nut job, too.  He is in the middle of elections.  You guys get almost 10% of your oil from that American-baiting, wannabe communist.

If I were American, I would want to buy an Aveo so we could tell Chavez to F!@k himself!

223397[/snapback]

I too avoid Esso (Canadian Exxon) because they are morons, and it seems that they are the ONLY oil company that denies that climate change is upon us, and is willing to pay "professors" to spread that denial in the media. Their fuel, at least up here, is also loaded with impurities, so I'll vote with my dollar at other stations.

I wish we had Irving Oil in my part of the country... some of the cleanest fuel, and it's a Canadian company...

As for Chavez, he's thorn in everybody's ass. Cozying up to Iran is not exactly smart, and he would be better served if he maybe spent less time criticizing North America and more time actually lifting his people out of poverty.

Interestingly there are three suppliers near me, Exxon, Mobil (these two are within 200 feet of each other - they should have been made to divest one of them) and Irving. I have been buying Irving exclusively since the MobilExxon-sodomy began and I've been happy. I'm always disappointed more people don't make the effort to avoid ExxonMobil - They miss the fact that it's no the penny or 2 per gallon that these companies care about - it's the overall revenue. Switching from one company to another is a big swing in revenue.

I too avoid Esso (Canadian Exxon) because they are morons, and it seems that they are the ONLY oil company that denies that climate change is upon us, and is willing to pay "professors" to spread that denial in the media. Their fuel, at least up here, is also loaded with impurities, so I'll vote with my dollar at other stations.

I wish we had Irving Oil in my part of the country... some of the cleanest fuel, and it's a Canadian company...

As for Chavez, he's thorn in everybody's ass. Cozying up to Iran is not exactly smart, and he would be better served if he maybe spent less time criticizing North America and more time actually lifting his people out of poverty.

223497[/snapback]

My version of a GM response:

That is the unfortunate nature of being the worlds largest automobile manufacturer. We sell more full size trucks than anyone else because we make them better than anyone else. Additionally, our truck lines are each at or near the top of their class in fuel efficiency. Many of our V6 sedans get mileage ratings similar to our competitors' with 4 cylinder engines.

We've become a leader in hybrid technology by offering not one but two types of hybrid engine configuration. In the next 18 months we'll be offering more hybrid models than any other manufacturer.

While our competitors have succeeded in make a 35mpg car into a 45mpg car, we've concentrated on areas that make more of an enviromental impact. One of our hybrid buses reduces pollution equivalent to the reduction offered by 100 Toyota Priuses. We followed that up with hybrid trucks and SUVs. A 25% increase in fuel efficiancy of t 35 mpg car saves about 6 gallons of fuel over 1000 miles. A 25% increase in fuel efficiency of a 17mpg SUV saves about 12 gallons of fuel over 1000 miles.

By focusing out hybrid efforts on the vehicles that need the help the most, we feel our efforts have a greater impact on fuel savings and green house gas emissions.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Im sure some of you have seen this but for anyone who hasnt read on:

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two

biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not

selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they

reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and

Mobil gas buyers.  It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this

point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach

millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least

ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten

more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches

the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION

consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten

friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it

goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE

HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you

don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is

send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a

mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten

more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could

conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,

please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL

UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

Im sure some of you have seen this but for anyone who hasnt read on:

223645[/snapback]

For those of you that think not buying from Exxon or Citgo will change anything with those companies, you are completely wrong. All you will hurt are the small to medium sized businesses that operate those stations that are independant of the big oil corporations you direct your hate. Exxon and Citgo will sell their crude oil to someone. They will sell their refined product to someone. What you buy at a station may or may not be refined by the company who's sign is out front. grow up children.

"Most people think that you've got to reduce sales a lot, but if you reduce any company's sales from [between] two to five per cent you've won. Having said that, it is very hard to reduce a company's sales by five per cent because it takes a massive degree of organisation.”

Ralph Nader (Co-op America, 1989).

This is way off topic at this point so ill try and keep it brief.

I dont know how this got started and I didnt send it to anyone because it was a chain letter. Evidentally its been circulating for years.

I find it interesting as a means of organization.

The most effective way to control price is through your basic supply and demand.

One reason the Sauidis cringe when hybrids, ethanol, and hydrogen come up and make them say stupid things such as "Theres plenty of oil for another 150 years" is because they know whats going to happen.... Record profits year over year will be a thing of the past...Something isnt right with that to begin with. and you better believe there are ongoing investigations into the matter since they predicted 100 a barrel.

Never even got close to that point, yet--I hope they havent given up on getting some answers.

Suffice to say cutting demand is the best method. Even if its a gallon at a time. or $18 instead of $20. If everyone did that the stations weekly or daily refills will become less and less. Probably wouldnt even effect you or me. Someone want to type it out and send it to 10 people?

Oh and if you want a reason to boycott mobil aside from trying to lower prices...theres plenty. Not my cup of tea, but I go to BP anyway because its closest. But this is probably the real motivation for that kooky letter...

http://www.exxposeexxon.com/whyexxon.html

http://www.exxposeexxon.com/

Exxon and Citgo will sell their crude oil to someone. They will sell their refined product to someone. What you buy at a station may or may not be refined by the company who's sign is out front.

Yes and if there are less people to buy your product the supply goes up. If they want to "sell their crude to someone" chances are theyll have to undercut their original supplier that theyve been buying from the whole time anyway. Which would then lead to the prices going down.

Corporate gas companies such as Shell and Mobil, BP, who have corporate stations and dealer owned stations have a tendency of selling their gas much higher to the dealer owned stations. This hurts the mom and pop statins of America and makes more money for the oil companies (as if they weren’t making enough). So I urge you to find out if the station YOU go to is a corporate station or a independent. All Citgo stations are independent franchise owned stations. Citgo Petroleum does not operate any of the Citgo stations they are all

individually owned. So start supporting the little guys in your area NOT the giant oil companies oveseas!

Edited by Mr.Krinkle