Finally upgraded to a "newer" Suburban

After some pushing and shoving I finally got my wife to upgrade her Suburban to a newer one. We recently picked up a 1999 K2500.

In regards to the fun parts, it has a 454 with a 3.73 rear end, skid plates, and the 2000 and up rims.

The girls call it the fire truck because it's red, though it does have silver on the lower clading area.

The badges say LT, but it has the LS equipment and you can tell someone switched them along the way. The equipment is a little odd, even for an LS. The mirror is electrocomatic with a compass, but it doesn't have the temp gauge as was standard. There is also no remote entry, though they could have been lost on the way. Do any of you know about commercial fleet ordering options at that time? Carfax shows it came for a corporation then went to a family which we bought it from.After some pushing and shoving I finally got my wife to upgrade her Suburban to a newer one. We recently picked up a 1999 K2500.

In regards to the fun parts, it has a 454 with a 3.73 rear end, skid plates, and the 2000 and up rims. It has 93,000 miles and is in great condition short of the carpet needing to be shampooed.

The girls call it the fire truck because it's red, though it does have silver on the lower cladding area.

The badges say LT, but it has the LS equipment and you can tell someone switched them along the way. The equipment is a little odd, even for an LS. The mirror is self-dimming electrochromic with a compass, but it doesn't have the outside temp gauge as was standard. There is also no remote entry, though they could have been lost on the way. Do any of you know about commercial fleet ordering options at that time? Carfax shows it came for a corporation then went to a family which we bought it from.

Did I forget to mention, we actually use our Suburban for what it's made for;

4-wheeling until you can't see the red. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dsuupr

Awesome 'Burban; I'm very jealous. I've had eight cars so far and they're beginning to bore me. I'd love to put my car on ice and find a nice 2500 Pickup or Suburban to drive daily. A '96 Riviera can only be used as so much of a truck before you actually need to bite the bullet and buy a truck. Great buy and I wish you lots of luck with it! 93,000 on a 454 'Burban is barely broken in! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

very, very cool.

I'd like to get another Suburban myself... I had a 1990 Chevy

Suburban for a short while in 2004, after I sold it to some

young kid down the street it ended up rolled over & in a police

impound yard as evidence... I got told the details were on a

need to know basis. :blink:

My next Suburban will probably be a '50s PLYMOUTH Suburban.

Posted Image

Edited by Sixty8panther

That's one nice looking Suburban - good luck with it. What did you do with the two-tone blue one (I'm assuming that's the one you replaced)??? I always liked the look of those '89-'91 Suburbans/Jimmies/Blazers.

If your 1999 doesn't have a leather interior, then it definitely isn't a LT model (LT designated the top-of-the-line model, which also came with leather standard; GMC would have it labeled as a SLT model).

Post more pics, especially when it's all nice and shiny! :P

The equipment is a little odd, even for an LS.  The mirror is electrocomatic with a compass, but it doesn't have the temp gauge as was standard.

225891[/snapback]

Do you know for a fact that it was standard because we had a 98 Suburban that was loaded and it only had the electrochromatic and the compass. Maybe the equipment lists changed when the pickups went to the new body style in 99.

Good looking Suburban though. That 454 should be a ton of fun and should run forever.

Very nice. Those 90's full sizers are great trucks, and very solid, and with things like the 454 and heavy duty combo that has, it's definately a beast.

Also very much like the bright red, which isn't a too common color on that model.

Post more pics, especially when it's all nice and shiny!  :P

226370[/snapback]

Let me try this again. We use our Suburban like it's supposed to be used. I doubt it will have many shiny days in it's life time. Yes it will be cleaned atleast every other week, but the clean shiny look won't last long.