Did I do the right thing?

capriceman

Picture your self now driving in a 94 Silverado with a 350 going down a curvy road at about 55mph your exhaust gets really loud and it sounds sweet. Then a Exhaust mount breaks and sparks start flying out from out of the back of your car. About 2 seconds later it rips off and barrels down the road. The guy following you sees that a exhaust is coming towards him and he swerves out of the way then drives into the ditch. I think "Oh F*ck" shut my lights off and floor it. I park my car at my work place since it was down the road and drive back with the Beater ghetto work truck. It took less than 15 minutes to do this. I pull over as the "good samaritan" and Ask "what happened? Do you need Help?" He was about 20 years old driving his dads newer Escape. He said and I quote, "I was like I M ing my buddy right and this asshole in front of me like threw something out of his window and like i looked up to see this garbage rolling at me and like like I Like was oh and swerved around it and like i ended up in like this ditch" It took a lot to not start busting out laughing. I asked if he had called anyone and he didn't and he didn't catch the license plate. There was a lot of damage to the front lower plastic bumper. I offered to pull his truck out of the ditch and he agreed. I told him to take the bumper off with some of the tools in my work truck. I handed him a ratchet and a 10mm and 13mm sockets. He didn't know how to use a F*cking Ratchet! So seeing that the Escape could be driven home safely I say, "screw the bumper just go home and get this worked out with your dad." Then he said, "Naw man I got to my buddy's shack and like party and stuff. i bet the old man wont even notice, like screw him man." He drives off, i drive the truck back and take my ride back. I drive back and kick the exhaust in the ditch since i have no room in the bed of my truck. And drive home.

I probably wont get a new exhaust because it sounds sweet and screw the neighbors!

But Should i have done the right thing pulled over the first time and call the cops and file the report?

Or did I do it the right way?

What would you have done?

Yeah its not your fault anyway, who's dumb enough to swerve off the road for a muffler, he would of probably ended up with less damage slamming on his brakes and hitting it leaving only some minor front end damage if any. People these days don't ditch your car to avoid what you thought was something the guy threw out his window. Thats probably the guy that sees some wood on the expressway in heavy traffic and swerves and causes a pile up...

"I was like I M ing my buddy right and this asshole in front of me like threw something out of his window and like i looked up to see this garbage rolling at me and like like I Like was oh and swerved around it and like i ended up in like this ditch"

That's funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I hate those bitches who feel that important to IM when driving.

I think you did the right thing. He should NOT be driving and IMing at the same time.

I plead the 5th.... the fizz-ifff!

I probably would have stopped and helped if my $h! heap did damage to another's vehicle because of something falling off.

And, on a side note, I saw the new or something Ford Escape in Detroit today when I went to schedule my courses in person. It only had camo on the doors. everything else looked production ready. It had a big-ass chrome grille liket he Explorer and what not, and had Escape embossed on the front bumper (in the chrome). It seemed MUCH bigger than the current Escape, but was still of course smaller than the Explorer by an obvious amount.

One highlight of my day exploring around Detroit was observing the GM Headquarters Building. It was beautiful.

"I was like I M ing my buddy right and this asshole in front of me like threw something out of his window and like i looked up to see this garbage rolling at me and like like I Like was oh and swerved around it and like i ended up in like this ditch"

ROFL! That's gotta be one of the funniest things i've read on this board...

So what caused the damage to his Escape? The fallen exhaust, or the fact that he drove into a ditch?

You did a cowardly thing at first (admittedly, I'd probably do the same), but you made up for it by going back. And for that, I give you props.

Also, I don't quite remember what I was instructed by a former police officer regarding traffic accidents. Was it "Never call the police", or was it "Always call the police"? Two completely different approaches. :blink::P

Edited by aaaantoine

Dude, like WTF? 4 real. Wat a douche you like totally are. OMG what if it were ur escaep and u drove it in a ditch. i didnt wanna go for-wheelin today OMG LOLOLOLOLOL but 4 real WTF dude like seriously u prolly totally like KOed this dudes buzz man dude wtf thats totally not gnarly dude wtf 4 real an u leik prolly made him txt sumtihin dum to his buddy leik his buddies like omg what does that mean yo u cant spell ur a dumb $h! and cuz he thinks he cant spel he leik dude totally wont be his bro no mor and hes like omg dude wtf y aint u my bro just cuz i cant spell dude wtf? this guy threw some dumbass $h! at me yo an i hit the wrong button i aint dumb what an ass mucnher and his buddys all like yo f u dude u suk ne way and they like fight and crap like dude and this guy wit the escape is liek totally in the er and $h! cuz his bud totally ass racked him an hes liek "dude thanks to this ahole throwin $h! at me from his truck im in the hospital an like my pops wont pay these bills cuz i fuxxored up hiz escape yo so i cant get out of the hospital and leik i got bed sores yo but the nurse is fine a$$ hel dawg so itz all good dude."

It's not like you purposely allowed your exhaust to fly off. It would be a totally different story if you actually threw something out of the window, whether or not you intended to cause an accident. I don't see a problem and you did go back to help the kid.

The bumper was smashed in from going into the ditch.

My Exhaust in the ditch some were is worth nothing unless you can get money from rusted metal with more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Theres No EPA testing or anything of that nature in Michigan. I don't think cops will mind i will say i had Flowmasters installed and if he looks be like oh when did they fall off? And when the truck dies I wont take it to a shop. I will give it to purple heart. trust me not worth fixing. It eats a quart of Murry's discount oil every 400 miles. Its a point A and hopefully get to point B truck.

Lmao at Fly.

It was cowardly But I just don't need anything on the rap sheet. Once it started dragging I was looking for a spot to pull over to take it off but i fell off before i had a chance to even hit the brakes. Which brings up another point How do you not see sparks coming from a truck about 4 car lengths away from you?

The guys at the shop were laughing pretty hard since the one guy saw tire marks going into the ditch on the way in. Management was pissed i borrowed the truck to pull some one out of the ditch tho.

Why Can't I ever have a normal day let alone life.