My Grandpa's late 1960s Datsun 2000 Roadster

alright well ive been promising 68 pictures of my grandpa's Datsun for a pretty long time now... and today i finally got a chance to take some... unfotunately all i had with me was my phone... so the pictures arent of the best quality... but they can suffice until im able to get better pictures...

front view... the hood is up because the battery is currently being charged... i think this picture looks like one of MrDM's "hot rod" filter chops

Posted Image

engine... sorry for the blurriness... it says "Nissan OHC" on the top of the engine

Posted Image

interior... my favorite part is the analog clock dead center on the dash... dont know if you can see it or not

Posted Image

rear... pretty tidy little rear end... i like the stacked taillights... they give the appearance of fins without being ridiculous like alot of other 50s cars

Posted Image

thanks for the help with the year and model of the car guys

Edited by 04monteintimidator

i think variance got it right... the car does have the number 2000 on it... right in front of the doors on each side... i figured that had something to do with the model... but when i asked anyone from my family they had no idea... as faras the year... i couldve sworn i had seen it labeled as a 195X... but im not saying that couldnt have been wrong... so it very well may be a 196X...

either way... today while i was looking at it i was told that this is a potential wedding present for me... which makes sense as my grandfather did promise it would be my car one day... even though that was when i was about... 6... this is the car that truly sparked my interest in cars and the automobile industry... so its very special to me... as well as it being one of my grandfather's prized possessions

Very cool, I saw one in MINT shape just a few weeks after I bought

my '84 Datsun... I took a photo of it while driving my Datsun... you

can see the hood ornament and the roadster all in the same shot.

It was red (aren't they all?) and had plates from Washington State.

Thanks for sharing, I'll post my photo soon too.