Flying Car by 2010?

RBB

Commence holding breath: X-Hawk flying car could be here by 2010

Posted Image

The flying car is the equivalent of transportation's carrot on a stick. It's a concept that always seems to be 3-5 years down the road. According to an Isreali inventor named Rafi Yoeli, the flying car will actually be here by 2010 in the form of his X-Hawk. The X-Hawk uses a ducted fan design that allows it to have the same manueverability of a helicopter without exposed blades that prevent choppers from hovering near buildings and the like. Yoeli's own company, Urban Aeronautics, is developing the X-Hawk first as a workhorse vehicle that could be used by firefighters, rescue teams, and the military to aid in the recovery of people stranded in hard to reach places.

Click here to read the rest
-RBB

"Dateline: Tampa, FL, June 10, 2010. Oldsmobile Aurora not quite totalled when a sparkly new Toyota Kamikaze (God's gift to personal transportation needs) innocently dives out of the sky and slams into it. President of Toyota Motor Corporation of the World demands an apology from Oldsmobile owner."

Not if this guy has his way. :AH-HA_wink:

Posted Image

----------------------

Besides... people can't drive properly on the ground. It'll be mayhem if cars are flying.

I could see these flying cars needing lots of little rubber bumpers all over the place to give them traction and keep them from scraping things. Guess who would probably build those?

"Dateline: Tampa, FL, June 10, 2010. Oldsmobile Aurora not quite totalled when a sparkly new Toyota Kamikaze (God's gift to personal transportation needs) innocently dives out of the sky and slams into it. President of Toyota Motor Corporation of the World demands an apology from Oldsmobile owner."

If this occurs in three years, I demand you buy my another car. :idhitit:

Thing is, with what they've had to recall recently on Toyotas, I wouldn't want them to produce a flying car. I don't need liftgates falling off them as they pass overhead. :AH-HA_wink: